Nov. 5 Blues vs Habs 7:30 PM

JoeLassister

How many points will Parros cost us before we bench him? A goon NEVER wins a game for the team, but they can easily lose one. I miss having a fourth line that can play hockey.

Eller seemed to forget how to play hockey in overtime, but he still should have gotten a shootout spot. Pleks actually did well on his attempt, but it would have been much more advantageous for us to take the 2 minute penalty, with over a minute of it in overtime and the loser point not mattering to us because of the western opponent.

Another frustrating game, moreso because it was mostly boring, but look on the bright side: we were completely even with a true cup contender for the whole game. We've been unlucky these last few games (I guess it makes up for our good luck in the first two weeks).

How many points will Parros cost us before we bench him? A goon NEVER wins a game for the team, but they can easily lose one. I miss having a fourth line that can play hockey.

Eller seemed to forget how to play hockey in overtime, but he still should have gotten a shootout spot. Pleks actually did well on his attempt, but it would have been much more advantageous for us to take the 2 minute penalty, with over a minute of it in overtime and the loser point not mattering to us because of the western opponent.

Another frustrating game, moreso because it was mostly boring, but look on the bright side: we were completely even with a true cup contender for the whole game. We've been unlucky these last few games (I guess it makes up for our good luck in the first two weeks).

Oh yeah, I've been pining for Tommy Pyatt and his one goal. Let's bash Parros some more...I'll take a goon who plays balls to the walls hockey, and sticks up for his teammates, instead of Pyatt, Enqvist or Colby Armstrong. How much of a positive were they?

One thing from Therrien that pissed me off (besides Parros on the ice costing us again): the first line change in OT, we have a defensive faceoff. He sends out Gallagher and Galchenyuk (with Diaz and Gorges as our top pair had just come off). The draw is promptly lost and we spend the rest of the shift in our zone. Put the kids in an offensive situation, especially since neither of them is quite ready for defensive C duties.

Oh yeah, I've been pining for Tommy Pyatt and his one goal.

Pyatt made responsible defensive plays that didn't cost the team. Parros has been a big factor in this loss and the one in Minnesota.

He actually has had a nice couple of years in Tampa. 12 goals in his first year, 8 last season in the shortened campaign.

Correct! But the comment was a trap to introduce a straw man argument! (Whoa)! Parros had 7 goals in those two years compared to Pyatts 4. Doesn't the debate element in modern hockey rule!?

It wasn't Parros who didn't clear the puck when he had the chance. Stop blaming one person for the loss. They didn't score in the shoot out again and only scored twice.

Once again coughing up a third period lead. I hope Emelin and Moen are back soon. They could bench any defenseman not named Markov or Subban when he returns. They all have holes in their game.

I though tover all they played hard at times, They are lucky to have gotten a point IMO the way the played in their own end. they couldn't clear the puck out or win battles most of the night. The Blues are bigger, more physical and tenacious then the habs.

All the other players on our team have some hockey ability, despite their numerous faults. Parros does not. If he played 15 minutes he'd finish -7.

The only positive thing he did was remove Reaves - a goon, but one who can skate and hit - from the game for 5 minutes. It's too bad that staged fight had to come on a play that would have been a goal for us.

Why was it staged? Reaves took a shot at a habs Dman. MT didn't like it, he sent out the tough guy to end the running around. Which it did.

Play Parros with Moen and Prust he won't be minus 7. He'll get 5-7 minutes. Prust and Moen would be on the ice late in the game, MT doesn't trust Leblanc or St Pierre to take this minutes, that's why Parros was out there. The habs had 4 chances to clear the puck before the second goal went in, Parros wasn't one of them

Why was it staged? Reaves took a shot at a habs Dman. MT didn't like it, he sent out the tough guy to end the running around. Which it did.

Play Parros with Moen and Prust he won't be minus 7. He'll get 5-7 minutes. Prust and Moen would be on the ice late in the game, MT doesn't trust Leblanc or St Pierre to take this minutes, that's why Parros was out there. The habs had 4 chances to clear the puck before the second goal went in, Parros wasn't one of them

When Jaden Schwatz thinks he can rough up Andrei Markov, you have a team toughness problem.

And for those 5-7 minutes we'll be worried that he'll cost us another goal.

It was a staged fight because they propositioned each other right off the faceoff. And how did it protect anybody, or make a lick of difference (besides the disallowed goal)? Reaves later took a huge run at Bournival and then one at Subban, but by that time Parros' poor play had him stapled to the bench.

Sadly, the reality of hockey today is that it's still run by the Old Boys who insist that fighting is integral to the game. Only when we start seeing the Old Guard enter their old age homes will we really have a chance to see hockey (you know, pass-skate-shoot?) not be such a slave to the mindless violence that continually leaves the sport deep in the bush leagues of the farcical.

Sadly, the reality of hockey today is that it's still run by the Old Boys who insist that fighting is integral to the game. Only when we start seeing the Old Guard enter their old age homes will we really have a chance to see hockey (you know, pass-skate-shoot?) not be such a slave to the mindless violence that continually leaves the sport deep in the bush leagues of the farcical.

I agree with this, but look at the hit counts on YouTube for the brawls in the last three years, versus an Ovechkin/Patrick Kane highlight reel. Which part of the game is more marketable? Gary Bettman has made hockey more valuable and marketable, but I haven't heard him include removing fighting completely as part of the business model.

It looked to me that the dman he took a shot at was Murray, isn't he supposed to be able to look after himself?

Oh yeah, I've been pining for Tommy Pyatt and his one goal. Let's bash Parros some more...I'll take a goon who plays balls to the walls hockey, and sticks up for his teammates, instead of Pyatt, Enqvist or Colby Armstrong. How much of a positive were they?

I never liked Enqvist, but I'd take pyatt or Armstrong over Parros anyday.

Parros can not play hockey.

He was on the ice for 3 goals against in 7 shifts vs Minny.

His fight took away a scoring chance vs Colorado.

His fight took away a goal tonight.

His inability to clear the zone with 10:00 left let the other team tie the game.

Oh but he can fight... surely he's useful.

It wasn't Parros who didn't clear the puck when he had the chance.

Actually yes it was.

PK rung the puck around the boards (like he's supposed to), and Parros was TOO SLOW to be in position to get to the boards, grab the puck and clear the zone. The Blues d kept it in and shortly thereafter a weird bounce put it in the net.

Pacs is now 2 for 16 on the shootout... This is not his forte.

I would definitely use Markov since none of our forwards can score.

Diaz... Plus 1, 5 blocked shots (only Murray with more).

For someone getting a lot of flack, he has been a pretty reliable D.

My dad calls the recent fourth line struggles "fodder for the smurfaholics."

What does that mean? That there are people clamoring for small but skilled guys on the 4th line?

The players that we're waiting to come back from injury for the 4th line are 6'0" and 6'2" and both tough, so I hope that I got this statement backwards.

Yeah, I left.

Dear fans, we can't get up enough for this game, so we're going to send out our most useless hockey player (whose skills are beaten by Juha Lind and Johan Witehall) to pick a fight to get us going. Because we can't do it on our own. But still, please respect us for not getting into the game ourselves despite the many millions we make and the exorbitant prices you pay for tickets.

Please, please don't bring up names like that anymore.... I think I have gotten over it and then bam..,then mention of a certain player or the idea of trading PK sends me into a flashback of the absolute horror of the Houle years. Blessed are those who have no idea who those two players you mentioned are... you don't want to know

Guest Stogey24

One day people want Parros. The next day they want him gone. The coach told him to go out there and scrap Reaves. Maybe somone should have been counting Max Pacioretty's turnovers, because they sure as hell didn't win us the game and he gets paid to score. Or maybe Lars Eller turning the puck over in our zone in O.T. Cut Parros some slack. He's been back 3 games from an awful injury.