Nov. 12, Lightning vs Habs, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

I think Briere will do well as a third line center. Coming into the year, I felt better about having Briere as a center than a winger. That line has some potential, Briere making the plays, Bournival playing responsible defense, and Bourque down low. How long before they get called the "BBB" line?

Have to come up with something better than that.

Errr, dunno what people are seeing with Patches, but he's doing all the right things... (this is watching last game). It's only a matter of time before he starts producing regularly.

I'll do the Neech thing: This is the night! Patches!

I really don't feel the same way.

Yes he is skating hard but no he is not driving the net nor is he winning many puck battles in the corner.

Ryan Malone -----Bobby Orr stlye tip.

Now there's something you don't see every day. Travis Moen drew a penalty for driving the net with the puck!! PP time!

Bolts are doing a *fantastic* job neutralizing Montreal's speed through the neutral zone. They're forechecking the puck carrier and are eliminating the walls leaving only pucks through the middle (and through the forechecker). Montreal hasn't adapted yet, but there's space through the middle. Obviously Tampa's coaches have identified a (Montreal) strategy and have thus far countered it brilliantly. Up to the Canadiens staff to respond in kind.

Bolts are doing a *fantastic* job neutralizing Montreal's speed through the neutral zone. They're forechecking the puck carrier and are eliminating the walls leaving only pucks through the middle (and through the forechecker). Montreal hasn't adapted yet, but there's space through the middle. Obviously Tampa's coaches have identified a (Montreal) strategy and have thus far countered it brilliantly. Up to the Canadiens staff to respond in kind.

I don't know if that can happen. Parros is a scratch, and all of Therrien's counterattacks go through #15.

Habs are now doing a very good job in the attacking zone. Forecheck is relentless and they're forcing a few turnovers. They've actually done just about everything *except* score a goal. A particularly great presence from The Plex, Patch, Gio line, with all three looking dangerous.

It's amazing the quality of play from the back line when Subban and Markov are there. The forwards have so much more trust. When Diaz and Cube are back, you can see the attackers not going in as deep or taking as many chances with the puck.

It's the *quality* of the first-time passes which offers the Habs so much opportunity when Markov and Subban are on the ice. Both PP and ES.