02/27 Montreal @ Pittsburgh: 7PM EST

Maybe I lived in Florida during the George Zimmerman trial, but I have a very hard time believing any of Subban's reputation issues are due to race. (By no means am I saying I'm an expert on the issue either). Frankly, he's not a likeable player to opposing fans. You tube is full of his dives, giveaways, goal celebrations and slew foots. That's not a black or white issue, that's the way he's played, especially in the first two years of his career. You would have an easier time convincing me that Brad Marchand's reputation issues are due to latent antisemitism in that he has a huge nose.

I don't think it's only his race, but I think it played a factor. He was getting booed in opposing arenas from the get-go. (Part of that is that fans didn't need to know his number to boo him.)

It's nothing comparable to the hysterics of the Zimmerman trial, but this is the stodgy, stoic hockey establishment we're talking about.

Regarding Subban's piss-poor play, Ferraro was remarking that the time-change from Sochi is such that none of the returnees are back on North American time - they're hungry at the wrong times, tired at the wrong times, awake at the wrong times, etc.. That's a useful insight, and probably goes a long way to explaining unusually erratic play from PK. He should return back to his usual standards once his body's adjusted.

PK just needs to stop thinking so much and just play.... he'll be fine after he signs a new deal, I'm sure that is the most distracting thing to him, not "idiots throwing bananas" so to speak. It's 2014.....