02/27 Montreal @ Pittsburgh: 7PM EST

I'll be the first to admit I didn't see that one coming. I can't figure these guys out.

Subban should have been benched, horrible turnover then no effort getting back. #27 not hitting the ice was surprising.

Briere had a good game and Budaj did enough.

Good on Therrien! stick to your guns. :)

Come on Budaj! and clutch DD scores!!!

Sticking to his guns??? Gimme a friggin break! Playing to go into a shootout against Malkin, Neal and Crosby is a stupid strategy. Playing a gassed Markov/Emelin along with Tinordi and Murray while Subban sits is Stupid. Going again and again with Pleks and Gionta while keeping your most dynamic player Galchenyuk on the bench is stupid. At least the idiot played Eller and Gally in OT.

the Isles of all teams did us a favour to put a couple of points between us and the leafs

Sticking to his guns??? Gimme a friggin break! Playing to go into a shootout against Malkin, Neal and Crosby is a stupid strategy. Playing a gassed Markov/Emelin along with Tinordi and Murray while Subban sits is Stupid. Going again and again with Pleks and Gionta while keeping your most dynamic player Galchenyuk on the bench is stupid. At least the idiot played Eller and Gally in OT.

the Isles of all teams did us a favour to put a couple of points between us and the leafs

Subban doesn't respond well to benchings. Overall, I think PK is going to be happy to put this year behind him.

Subban doesn't respond well to benchings. Overall, I think PK is going to be happy to put this year behind him.

I agree with a another poster earlier. If I'm Subban, i don't resign with MT as coach.

Budaj flubbed the first two goals. Was he pulled? No. He stayed in the game and came through in the shootout, despite being shaky all night. We were lucky to win tonight and needed that luck because of stupidity by a coach who refuses to try and friggin win, rather than trying not to lose.

Subban was all smiles at the end of the game.

Also go check where we are in the standings. Four wins in five games, nine of a possible 10 points. Even with a mediocre coach, mid level talents and slumping stars, we are dominant in a weak conference.

Subban was all smiles at the end of the game.

Also go check where we are in the standings. Four wins in five games, nine of a possible 10 points. Even with a mediocre coach, mid level talents and slumping stars, we are dominant in a weak conference.

Now that is a solid vote of confidence.

Any thoughts about sitting Eller for Briere when White comes back? It looks like Briere has earned more ice time, and with Galchenyuk and Bourque, I think they have a decent chance of generating some secondary scoring. I'd actually like to see Bourque with Gio/Plex. My lineup right now:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher

Bourque-Plek-Gio

Galchenyuk-Briere-Prust

Moen-White-Weise

Eller/Parros/Bournival

A good quote from Eric Engels is something to the effect of "Eller is really confused about his role on the team." Maybe it could be a different story, but I would ride the hot hand in Briere.

I don't know why you guys are fretting about Subban. He had a horrible game. Pure garbage. Emelin and Tinordi both played very well. Subban hasn't looked good for a long long time. Way too many giveaways and poorly timed pinches. All over the ice defensively. Risky plays when he is last man back. I want him to be awesome too, but he needs to make safer choices if he wants to be elite. Wtf was the penalty against emelin when he hit that Gibbons guy and Pitts scored goal number 5? How the hell was that tripping? I'm glad we tied it or I would have been savage.

Eller sitting is a great idea. Problem is that Therrien seems fine with his play.

I really don't see how Eller and Gionta got ice time over Galchenyuk and Briere in OT tonight. Is the strategy to let Eller suck, so they can resign him cheap?? I just don't get it.

I really don't see how Eller and Gionta got ice time over Galchenyuk and Briere in OT tonight. Is the strategy to let Eller suck, so they can resign him cheap?? I just don't get it.

He played the overtime like they were on a penalty kill.

There's no way we are going to trade Bourque when he accomplished absolutely zero on every shift. At least when Eller does nothing, people can still dream of it becoming something. There's no dream with Rene. His skills are shot.