3/1 Toronto @ Montreal

so markov caused a goal and a penalty. If that was Subban he would be sitting for the rest of the night

• Upvote 1

well, just remember that MT didn't think it would have been useful to have Larry Robinson, since JJ Daigneult has a much better resume

Well you're not far off about Robinson. I heard an interview with him that summer and he explained that he was called by MB about the job and he wanted Robinson to fly up to Montreal for an interview. Robinson explained that he just had a flood on his property in Florida [i think it was Florida] and he was needed down there for a few days to get things cleaned up. Bergevin then called Daigneault and hired him a few days later.

Who do you think Subban would respect more as an assistant coach and former NHL player, Robinson or Daigneault? No brainer!

Well you're not far off about Robinson. I heard an interview with him that summer and he explained that he was called by MB about the job and he wanted Robinson to fly up to Montreal for an interview. Robinson explained that he just had a flood on his property in Florida [i think it was Florida] and he was needed down there for a few days to get things cleaned up. Bergevin then called Daigneault and hired him a few days later.

Who do you think Subban would respect more as an assistant coach and former NHL player, Robinson or Daigneault? No brainer!

yep. i can't believe they couldn't wait for Robinson DURING THE OFFSEASON!!! i think that the moron MT was probably threatened having someone smarter than him working under him

yep. i can't believe they couldn't wait for Robinson DURING THE OFFSEASON!!! i think that the moron MT was probably threatened having someone smarter than him working under him

I'm sure he was. And with Dudley under Bergevin and Robinson under Therrien they would have a complete vacuum of power.

Exactly. The freaking offseason when there's no rush to get all of your staff hired. I think it was Therien that felt threatened by Robinson because he's been a head coach before who won a Stanley Cup. However, Robinson does *not* ever want to be a head coach again. The last time he did it in NJ, he had to quit about half way through the season due to a mental breakdown with dealing with the pressure of the job. He *loves* being an assistant coach,because he relishes the teaching role. I've heard he's well liked by his players everywhere he goes.