Training Camp Thread

dlbalr

he's got to be on a short leash then, correct? there's a lot more talent this year..will there be a pink slip in his xmas stocking? haha

I don't think the talent level is all that different than previous seasons; there's more upside but fewer proven players so it largely should balance out. There's too many youngsters in roles they're not ready for so there will inevitably be struggles. There were plenty of reasons to axe Lefebvre after last year (their owner, who is a partial owner of the Habs, reportedly requested that Lefebvre be fired to no avail). If they didn't then, they won't now, even if (when) they find themselves at the bottom of the division yet again.

2-0 for Team Red as Parenteau and Malhotra have scored.

Lines/Pairings:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau

Bourque-Eller-de la Rose

Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Sorkin-Hudon-Thomas

Markov-Gilbert

Tinordi-Pateryn

Bouillon-Nygren

Sekac-Plekanec-Andrighetto (not sure which is LW/RW)

Moen-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Bournival-Dumont-Gregoire

Bowman-Dowell-McCarron

Emelin-Subban

Beaulieu-Weaver

Drewiske-Finley

Sorkin, Sekac, Hudon, Thomas, Andrighetto have looked good.

Tinordi still lost when passing puck.

Beaulieu still 'softish' ; bounced off Pacioretty before Bourque filled him in.

Gallagher taking faceoff with Galchenyuk on wing? Didn't here Bergevin mention that was the plan?

Gallagher took 128 faceoffs last year (mostly on his strong side), he has to get some work in at the dot as well if that's going to be the case again this season.

Yes I know he takes some faceoffs and is fine for Gallagher to be a 6th centre, but don't they need to see if Galchenyuk can handle it full time moreso? (not that faceoffs is all he needs to work on to get Eller demoted to the wing)

Yes I know he takes some faceoffs and is fine for Gallagher to be a 6th centre, but don't they need to see if Galchenyuk can handle it full time moreso? (not that faceoffs is all he needs to work on to get Eller demoted to the wing)

A couple of in-zone faceoffs in scrimmages isn't going to (or shouldn't) affect their valuation of his play at C over the preseason.

From what I have seen so far Sekac will make the team. Bournival will remain in Montreal. Boy! I think that he is faster than last year.

Scherback is really impressive. He would probably play in the NHL if he had been drafted by a lesser team. Obviously a steal at the level we picked him IMO.

Grégoire, Hudon, Andrighetto, De LaRose and even Thomas looked good too.

On defense, Tinordi will make the team. Not sure about Beaulieu though. IMO Pateryn is ahead of him. Not flashy, but effective and big. I really like him.

All in all, the team looks better. Bigger and faster. And our depth has improved dramatically. I am impressed.

I was happy to hear that Sorkin scored again, that should help his cause towards getting an ELC. I'm a bit surprised Wardley and Eberle didn't get into one of these games. I know both are likely earmarked for Hamilton's camp but putting them into a game with mostly NHL'ers might give them a bit of extra info to work with.

Judging from this thread, Beaulieu has not had a stellar camp so far. Is that fair to say?

I haven't watched any of the games but from what I'm reading, that seems to be the general impression. Tinordi and Pateryn appear to be the top two young defencemen thus far.

Guest Stogey24

I haven't watched any of the games but from what I'm reading, that seems to be the general impression. Tinordi and Pateryn appear to be the top two young defencemen thus far.

Pateryn looked pretty shit to me today. I highly doubt he's moved up in the depth chart. Beaulieu just doesn't seem to care. Looked pretty soft. I was just reading an article about how management was really impressed with Beaulieu during physicals though. De la rose had a nice little dangle to setup a goal

ive watched two of the three..tinordi has done ok, beaulieu and pateryn have had ups and downs. it's a close call to make at this point(pun intended btw) because they're playing against their teammates and all..the three of them need to step it up though when the exhibition games start. i'm anxious to see tinordi and pateryn vs boston.