Training Camp Thread

dlbalr

#Habs Bergevin on last roster cut to get to 23: "I haven't told the player yet and I'm still working on something."

— John Lu (@JohnLuTSNMtl) October 6, 2014

I wonder what he's working on...

Gotta be Moen. Will be disappointed to see him go.

Really hope it's Bourque.

As much as I like Frankie Boo, it was time to let him go. Good decision by the Habs. Time to leave some room for Beaulieu and Tinordi.

Does that mean de la Rose made the team?

Good question! He's a solid defensive forward, but he doesn't seem to have any offensive skills!

Does that mean de la Rose made the team?

It could. It all depends on whether this other move comes to fruition or not.

Personally, I don't want de la Rose on the team right now, especially if he's the 14th forward. Games that he's a healthy scratch still count towards the threshold of 40 with regards to accruing a year of service time for UFA purposes. That's not really beneficial for his development or for the team.

Great news! I would have been very disappointed if Bouillon had made the team instead of a youngster. The time has come to change the fabric of this team. Bergevin is moving the boat in the right direction.

He was a warrior and certainly deserved respect, and this is why I think that today's news deserved its own thread.

Having said that, I truly believe that the fact that Francis Bouillon won't be playing another season with the Habs opens a new chapter for the Habs -- a chapter decisively animated by younger players. I am glad to witness that change and believes it bodes well for the future.

He was a warrior and certainly deserved respect, and this is why I think that today's news deserved its own thread.

Having said that, I truly believe that the fact that Francis Bouillon won't be playing another season with the Habs opens a new chapter for the Habs -- a chapter decisively animated by younger players. I am glad to witness that change and believes it bodes well for the future.

If it weren't for the fact that there has been some discussion in this thread already about this, I'd have let it stand on its own but this is really just training camp news.

Normally I can find a site that has full preseason stats but that doesn't seem to be the case this year.  The best I could find is the stats for those who actually recorded a point in the preseason.  This isn't enough to post on the main site so I'll post them here instead. (Pardon the lousy formatting, I threw this together quickly...)

Player GP G A PTS +/- PIM SOG
P.K. Subban 4 1 6 7 -2 13 12
David Desharnais 4 1 3 4 -1 2 7
Christian Thomas 5 1 3 4 3 0 7
Nathan Beaulieu 4 1 2 3 1 0 7
Drayson Bowman 3 1 2 3 3 0 5
Max Pacioretty 4 3 0 3 -5 4 14
Sven Andrighetto 3 1 1 2 1 0 12
Francis Bouillon 1 0 2 2 2 0 0
Jake Dowell 2 0 2 2 3 0 0
Alex Galchenyuk 4 2 0 2 0 6 11
Magnus Nygren 2 0 2 2 1 2 2
P.A. Parenteau 4 0 2 2 -4 2 4
Jiri Sekac 5 2 0 2 3 0 8
Michael Bournival 3 1 0 1 0 2 3
Rene Bourque 4 1 0 1 0 2 12
T.J. Hensick 1 0 1 1 1 0 3

Anybody notice the defence pairings at practice today? Emelin was the 7th D:

Subban - Markov

Gilbert - Beaulieu

Weaver - Tinordi

Interesting

Those are probably flipped. Markov - Subban/Beaulieu - Gilbert/Tinordi - Weaver makes more sense.

Don't think it means much. Emelin might have been on a therapy day.

bournival is getting the last roster spot and moen to be cut...when are they announcing this? did I miss it?

Or, they're waiting to see how Eller heels for Wednesday and that's why DLR is still up. If Eller is healthy then DLR gets sent down.

They may have just run out of time. Hamilton don't play till Friday so de la Rose could be waiting in Montreal. Then again it may be as it appears.

He's flying with the team to Toronto and will go to Hamilton from there according to the team.