Dec. 1, Montreal vs Colorado, 9 PM

dlbalr

and that's supposed to be an improvement?? I'd rather keep Weaver over Allen, given that Beaulieu and Tinordi are in the minors while the veterans make bonehead mistakes.

I wrote about this on the site the other day, I don't think four games from Allen is enough of a sample size for the coaches to conclude he can't be more than a #7 player. He 'earned' his night off yesterday with some suspect play against Buffalo but not with Weaver having an ugly game, I don't think they'll hesitate to put Allen back in. It may not be an improvement but they'll still want to see Allen get some playing time. A rotation with those two and Gilbert over the next couple of weeks may not be out of the question either.

Entertaining game. It's so much more fun to go to an Avs game when they're playing against Montreal. Why? Because then I care quite a bit more. It was fun to be at and watch. I'm no scout or tactition, but I just love watching the play develop and being able to predict what the players are about to do on the ice.

Subban looked good. There were a few times he had that hip out, but instead of continuing to back up for the big hit, used it to force the puck carrier to the boards. I miss seeing the devastating hip check, but good to see him make that choice and keep himself in position when there isn't any support behind him. The vintage Markov back door play on the PP was awesome. nice little pass from Galchenyuk. We were sitting right on top of that play and could see it coming. PP looks better than it has.

Patches looks really good. Overall, a fun game to go to. Much more entertaining and fast paced than the Avs/Caps game I went to a couple of weeks ago. That one was a snoozer.

I wrote about this on the site the other day, I don't think four games from Allen is enough of a sample size for the coaches to conclude he can't be more than a #7 player. He 'earned' his night off yesterday with some suspect play against Buffalo but not with Weaver having an ugly game, I don't think they'll hesitate to put Allen back in. It may not be an improvement but they'll still want to see Allen get some playing time. A rotation with those two and Gilbert over the next couple of weeks may not be out of the question either.

one thing is becoming obvious....three of the habs top seven are "healthy scratch" players.

Guest Stogey24

one thing is becoming obvious....three of the habs top seven are "healthy scratch" players.

Where does Emelin fall in the depth chart? The guys has at least one costly turn over a game.

Where does Emelin fall in the depth chart? The guys has at least one costly turn over a game.

2-3 less than Gilbert. 1-2 less than Weaver.

Can't believe how Weaver sucked lately. Not just his horrible pinching last night, but overall.

Still don't see what you guys see in Gilbert. He just has 0 anticipation skills. You could/should never play Gilbert with Markov or Subban. Ol' Tommy just doesn't understand hockey as Markov or Subban do. He'd get lost on the ice stunned by what's happening and what these guys can do.

Guest Stogey24

2-3 less than Gilbert. 1-2 less than Weaver.

Can't believe how Weaver sucked lately. Not just his horrible pinching last night, but overall.

Still don't see what you guys see in Gilbert. He just has 0 anticipation skills. You could/should never play Gilbert with Markov or Subban. Ol' Tommy just doesn't understand hockey as Markov or Subban do. He'd get lost on the ice stunned by what's happening and what these guys can do.

It's just weird how M.B talks about character, but yet goes out and get Gilbert.... At 6'3 he could easily throw a hit or two, but he just wants no part of it. P.J stock said it right when Gilbert signed, this guy will not take a hit to make a play.

Still would put Emelin as our no 3.....But you make a good point. Gonchar is on his last legs. Wont even be playing NHL next season. I simply can believe that a dallas cut is our thrid dman.

I know what MB is doing with not rushing the young guys, it may be a luxury the habs dont have. But like like many say, look at the win loss column. I think with some more AHL ice time we will see one of the kids come up and stick before in the new year. My hope is both play well enough to make the team before play offs.

as Sergio Momesso said.."currently I would rather lose with the kids than win with the old guys" if your eye is really on the future that is.

It's just weird how M.B talks about character, but yet goes out and get Gilbert.... At 6'3 he could easily throw a hit or two, but he just wants no part of it. P.J stock said it right when Gilbert signed, this guy will not take a hit to make a play.

A certain #76 wont take a hit to make a play neither, but he is darn good at tapping puck to teammate in process of ducking checks (whereas a Gorges/Emelin/Weaver and many d-men simply get stapled to end glass often)

Signing Gilbert was about puck possession not hitting. He has never in his career been a hitter, but he has been good at possession and being a moderately successful offensive defence man. He started out like a house afire in his rookie year has had trouble duplicating those numbers. He had a good year last year so we signed him. Ya can't win em all. Lets hope he improves his possession numbers for the rest of the year.

I also am not sure that throwing big hits has anything to do with character.

Bless.

Tired of losses...

chuck-sarah-walker-fashion.jpg

Hubbaha Hubbaha!!! Oh Yvonne how you have been missed...

What's delightfully true is that a beautiful , sexy woman really could be pointing a loaded gun at us and all we would really notice is the beautiful woman. And that's a good thing! Life is good.

Signing Gilbert was about puck possession not hitting. He has never in his career been a hitter, but he has been good at possession and being a moderately successful offensive defence man. He started out like a house afire in his rookie year has had trouble duplicating those numbers. He had a good year last year so we signed him. Ya can't win em all. Lets hope he improves his possession numbers for the rest of the year.

I also am not sure that throwing big hits has anything to do with character.

My younger , smaller brother says throwing big hits has nothing to do with character.

He'd know...... :rofl: