Dec. 1, Montreal vs Colorado, 9 PM

dlbalr

Would have like to see Patches bury the empty netter to help in his quest for 40 but overall a good road game. Habs needed this one and the Avalanche were hungry and playing with some desperation.

well due to circumstances beyond my control, I was only able to watch the last half of the game. From what I saw Gilbert was very quiet never heard from much. Weaver on the other hand, a 4 on 1? I don't think I have seen that since I played Midget and we are talking some serious years here. PK is looking like PK some of the moves he made were magic, all be it he had a giveaway or 2. Markov very Steady as usual Patches just fantastic nothing special. Mr Price was his usual awesome. Seemed like a pretty entertaining game all in all. I don't know who this Pickard is but he didn't look half bad. Tyson Barrie is a superstar in the making. Colorado with all their injuries played a heck of a game. We won but not by much. Just enough. :habslogo::1banana:

My 3 things to take away from this game was,

Pacioretty is our best forward

Subban is starting to dominate games, especially in his own end

Sekac is the real....

My 3 things to take away from this game was,

Pacioretty is our best forward

Subban is starting to dominate games, especially in his own end

Sekac is the real....

I've been beating the drum about Patches for a little while now. I think he's taken a significant step forward this season...it doesn't show so much on the scoresheet, but he has become a much more complete player, and he really is leading the forward group in a way that wasn't as noticeable before. I was skeptical about him as a captaincy candidate, but he's impressed me for sure. Absolutely an elite NHL winger - a stud.

I've been beating the drum about Patches for a little while now. I think he's taken a significant step forward this season...it doesn't show so much on the scoresheet, but he has become a much more complete player, and he really is leading the forward group in a way that wasn't as noticeable before. I was skeptical about him as a captaincy candidate, but he's impressed me for sure. Absolutely an elite NHL winger - a stud.

Agreed. Making great strong plays in all three zones now. Extremely impressive on the pk. (lead the league in 5 on 5 goals over the last calender year and game winners)

Desharnais has spent more time on the ice this game then the puck itself.

"dont think i have ever seen that before. Desharnais just did a frontward summer sault by on an odd man rush" HIO comment

DD - zero shots, zero blocked zero shot wide. Agree with Boone that a change up the middle on the first line is coming.

Pacioretty is unarguably a Top 10 LW in the game. The only argument becomes Top 5.

Zetterberg, Benn, Nash, Pacioretty and Hall are probably Top 5 when Ovechkin isn't on the LW. When Ovechkin is, he's the number one LW.

wont argue with that

of those i would say Pacs and Hall still getting better

Oilers getting scary bad............lost 10 in a row. give up 2 shorties on the same powerplay last night

how many has he taken...............dont remember one this year

0/0 this year. Last year 0/1. 2012/13: 0/0. But here's a possible reason for why he has so few opportunities - in 2011-12, he was just 2/13. Given the number of breakaways he gets though, he should be more comfortable now in the shootout than he would have been in the past. He should be garnering some consideration.

$9m man 28:03, 1g 1a and only one to be +2, nice game.

Weise with almost 16minutes of icetime, deserving.

Poor dream weaver with <8 minutes. Suggest he don't get caught pinching again, I assume he was told to defend and keep it simple.

Interesting stats:

Lars Eller: 10 points at home, 1 point on the road

Dale Weise: 9 points at home, 1 point on the road

Max Pacioretty: 16 points at home, 4 points on the road

Maybe that should be our new top line at home, but break them up on the road.

Galchenyuk, Pacioretty and Gallagher are without a doubt our best playing line home or road with 34 points at home, 23 points on the road. Pacioretty, Desharnais and Parenteau have 31 points at home and only 13 points on the road (PAP leads the line with five). Prust, Eller and Sekac have 21 points at home and only 5 points on the road.

Our best road players? Markov and Subban. Both have 8 points on the road, which is combined for 16. In other words, the two D have more points on the road than our Patches/DD/PAP line combined and are only two points from tying the Patches line and Eller line combined.

The odd part to this is that our road record is second best in the East at 8-4-1. Montreal is 25th in goals on the road, 7th in goals at home.

Guest Stogey24

$9m man 28:03, 1g 1a and only one to be +2, nice game.

Weise with almost 16minutes of icetime, deserving.

Poor dream weaver with <8 minutes. Suggest he don't get caught pinching again, I assume he was told to defend and keep it simple.

Well besides him tapping the puck back into the corner, there is really no benefit of him pinching.

0/0 this year. Last year 0/1. 2012/13: 0/0. But here's a possible reason for why he has so few opportunities - in 2011-12, he was just 2/13. Given the number of breakaways he gets though, he should be more comfortable now in the shootout than he would have been in the past. He should be garnering some consideration.

oh for sure.......... the other night 5 guys shot and one of them was your leading scorer was not one of them. where does he come in 6th 8th 10th? no big deal............shoot out is a goofy gimmick that is on its way out.

Interesting stats:

Lars Eller: 10 points at home, 1 point on the road

Dale Weise: 9 points at home, 1 point on the road

Max Pacioretty: 16 points at home, 4 points on the road

Maybe that should be our new top line at home, but break them up on the road.

Galchenyuk, Pacioretty and Gallagher are without a doubt our best playing line home or road with 34 points at home, 23 points on the road. Pacioretty, Desharnais and Parenteau have 31 points at home and only 13 points on the road (PAP leads the line with five). Prust, Eller and Sekac have 21 points at home and only 5 points on the road.

Our best road players? Markov and Subban. Both have 8 points on the road, which is combined for 16. In other words, the two D have more points on the road than our Patches/DD/PAP line combined and are only two points from tying the Patches line and Eller line combined.

The odd part to this is that our road record is second best in the East at 8-4-1. Montreal is 25th in goals on the road, 7th in goals at home.

It is well known that Therrien does not try to match lines on the road. May have something to do with the lopsided numbers home and away. Sure makes it an easier night for the opposing coach i would think.

habs has 20 goals in 13 games going into last night.

i'd take MaxPac over Kessel any day - despite what leafs fans say. I don't think there is any question that Kessel is the more skilled player, but MaxPac makes up by trumping him in the intangibles.

"dont think i have ever seen that before. Desharnais just did a frontward summer sault by on an odd man rush" HIO comment

DD - zero shots, zero blocked zero shot wide. Agree with Boone that a change up the middle on the first line is coming.

there is a difference that a change SHOULD be coming and a change is coming. With MT, i think the change that SHOULD come will come much later than it needs to.

i'd take MaxPac over Kessel any day - despite what leafs fans say. I don't think there is any question that Kessel is the more skilled player, but MaxPac makes up by trumping him in the intangibles.

That's an interesting question. The way MaxPac is playing this season, with the newly-complete game and the leadership on the ice, I just might agree with you. That said, I hold Kessel's formidable game-breaking skills and incredible natural talent in higher esteem than many fans, so if I were to go with MaxPac it would be a very near thing.

I have a hunch he may sit tomorrow with Allen returning to the lineup.

Allen, Weaver, Gilbert all take turns getting healthy scratched.............yet partner up with each other when dressed.........is that really better than playing and developing the young guys. I like the looks of

Markov Beailue

Subban Tinordi

Emelin (fill in the blank from MT's healthy scratch bull pen...including gonchar)

I have a hunch he may sit tomorrow with Allen returning to the lineup.

and that's supposed to be an improvement?? I'd rather keep Weaver over Allen, given that Beaulieu and Tinordi are in the minors while the veterans make bonehead mistakes.

there is a difference that a change SHOULD be coming and a change is coming. With MT, i think the change that SHOULD come will come much later than it needs to.

yea its a young players league but not in montreal

dont forget the days we used to develop players better than anyone

86 Stanley Cup winner had 9 rookies on it !

Allen, Weaver, Gilbert all take turns getting healthy scratched.............yet partner up with each other when dressed.........is that really better than playing and developing the young guys. I like the looks of

Markov Beailue

Subban Tinordi

Emelin (fill in the blank from MT's healthy scratch bull pen...including gonchar)

100% agree. I think you pick your spots and have Emelin float into the top 4, depending who the kids are doing.

Kessel is an 80 point playmaker and goal scorer. We're talking a PPG kind of player. He's a much better offensive player than Pacioretty. Player versus player, Kessel is the better bet. If it's an all-star game and I gotta pick my winger between the two I'll go with Kessel.

When it comes to Kessel and Pacioretty for building a team, the question is a bit tougher. Do you take a 60 point, 35+ goal scorer at $4.5M per season or an 80 point, 35+ goal scorer at $8M? In that situation, I go with Pacioretty. An extra 20 points for an extra $3.5M isn't worth it.