2015 Rookie Tournament

dlbalr

Apparently McNiven wasn't 100% for this one and with Fucale playing today (4 PM EST vs Ottawa, TSN 690 has the call), the Habs had one of Toronto's other goalies on standby. I'd say McNiven handled himself well, making 47 saves on 51 shots. Habs took the game 6-4.

Watched the game last night and Hudon looks pretty good. Was somewhat disappointed with Sherback as I had never seen him play before and I expected more from him. Hard to tell from 1 game I guess plus someone was saying he may be sick. Hope he becomes the saviour everyone is counting on but he's not there yet.

Nah, Scherbak is not a Galchenyuk quality prospect. Any saviour claims are out to lunch.

Guest Stogey24

Nah, Scherbak is not a Galchenyuk quality prospect. Any saviour claims are out to lunch.

He's pretty good man. Anyone who thinks he'll be ready by this year is out to lunch, but he's definitely a quality prospect.

I definitely think McCarron needs time to mature too, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him called up for a look this year. I just hope he doesn't have to constantly drop the gloves in St.John's, he'll be a target for sure

He's pretty good man. Anyone who thinks he'll be ready by this year is out to lunch, but he's definitely a quality prospect.

I have no doubts he's going to be quite good for us. I'm just saying anyone claiming he's a saviour or a franchise level prospect is eating a wee bit too much hype.

He doesn't come across as even Gallagher special.

A couple of first period thoughts from listening to the game:

- Scherbak really likes taking longer shifts than he should. He also is holding/dangling too long with the puck. These are junior habits that will need to go by the wayside in a hurry.

- Lernout is strong in 1-on-1 battles and seemed to hold his own on the PP as well.

And just as I went to post this, Ottawa scored on a breakaway to open the scoring.

I have no doubts he's going to be quite good for us. I'm just saying anyone claiming he's a saviour or a franchise level prospect is eating a wee bit too much hype.

He doesn't come across as even Gallagher special.

I'm never one to believe the pre-NHL hype that some young players have surrounding them. There have been way too many 'can't miss' prospects that have flamed out. Gallagher seems the opposite because not many were predicting he'd be this good as witnessed by his 5th round selection. I can only hope that Mr. Scherbak will be as good with his lofty 1rst round pick pedigree.

Edited by Habs owned the 70's

Three more 'cuts' today as Audette, Bourque, and Addison were all sent back to their junior teams.

Audette who just recently signed a contract?

And my memory may be faulty, but is this the 2nd time in two years he's been sent home early?

Audette who just recently signed a contract?

And my memory may be faulty, but is this the 2nd time in two years he's been sent home early?

Yes on both counts. While it may sound like a bad thing, the late round junior prospects seldom play in the preseason and the QMJHL regular season has already started. If they're not going to play him in an exhibition game, he might as well be back with his junior team.