2015/16 General IceCaps/Beast Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Pasquale's back up which should come as no surprise really. The IceCaps are back in action tomorrow and I'm certainly curious to find out where Kassian will slot in.

Me too, at this point, we can be hopeful that he slots in somewhere, and does really well, we could use the help at forward in Mtl :)

Bozon, Thrower, and Miceli were all sent to Brampton this morning. The IceCaps are in Toronto today while Brampton is also at home so I would anticipate that all three will be recalled shortly after the Beast's game tonight.

Well, two of the three were recalled - Bozon and Thrower. Pasquale, as expected, has been sent back to Brampton with Tokarski back in St. John's. I feel bad for Eddie, he has played well in limited action this year, 2.45 GAA and a .926 SV%...with several very odd looking saves in there. Barring injuries (or Tokarski getting traded which isn't likely), he probably won't make it back to St. John's any time soon.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick roster note, Pasquale is back up once again to take Tokarski's spot on the roster.

Two IceCaps were named to the AHL's All-Star Game, D Mark Barberio and F Michael McCarron. Their All-Star Game system this year is quite convoluted...

The 2016 Toyota AHL All-Star Challenge will take place on the evening of Feb. 1 (7 p.m. ET); instead of a traditional 60-minute game, the AHL’s All-Stars will be divided into four teams, one representing each of the league’s divisions (Atlantic, North, Central, Pacific). The teams will then play a round-robin tournament featuring six games of nine minutes each; the first half of each game will be played at 4-on-4, and the second half at 3-on-3. The two teams with the best records at the end of the round-robin tournament will face off for the championship, a six-minute game played at 3-on-3.

Yeah! Let's send Carr - one of the few guys that goes to the net and has been scoring down. Need to punish the young player, not playing a more defensive game. If it wasn't for his lack of 200 foot game we would have been winning right now.

McNally has been sent down. There are also rumblings that both Andrighetto and Carr will be sent back to St. John's shortly but that's not confirmed as of yet.

They called up de la Rose.

I like de la Rose, but he isn't fixing the problem of scoring goals.

True, but he's a big body to play against the Blues.

Guest Stogey24

Do we have someone reliable on the Carr/Ghetto news? all i can find are twitter reports of some random dude who thinks he saw them at the airport.

Haha

Captain useless (Eric Neilson) has been released by St. John's. Of course, he's being replaced by another 'captain useless' in Scott but at least Scott has surpassed Neilson's career mark of three points in an AHL season before. This is actually arguably a talent upgrade for the IceCaps.

Guest Stogey24

After a hot start, Michael McCarron has 6 points in his last 17 games... being held scoreless in 13 of those 17 games.

Bound to happen, but I find it funny how you give him zero praise when hes playing well. Yet, when he fumbles your talking about him