Trade Deadline Day

dlbalr

The deadline is almost here so as always, let's keep all non-Hab related trades in here. (Anything involving the Canadiens gets its own thread obviously.)

TV coverage starts at 8 AM EST on TSN and Sportsnet. RDS is going at 6 AM for reasons that defy all logic.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The deadline is almost here so as always, let's keep all non-Hab related trades in here. (Anything involving the Canadiens gets its own thread obviously.)

TV coverage starts at 8 AM EST on TSN and Sportsnet. RDS is going at 6 AM for reasons that defy all logic.

Most of RDS defy's logic.

How does Toronto get a 2nd and a decent defensive prospect out of Winnick?

Laich's contract is the pain I guess but Winnick has netted them two 2nd rounders and a couple of prospects and later round picks over the last 2 seasons, damn it.

Staal deal eats up more of the Rags future, and I gotta say I hope his 10 gaols turns into 2 goals or less on the Rangers cup run, which I hope is short.... there are as prospect-less/pickless as the Penguins.

Early morning Montreal stuff:

- Pierre LeBrun reported a few teams are calling on Galchenyuk. He doesn't think Galchenyuk is available but says the Habs are listening on a few guys. (via Twitter)

- TFP reports they're listening on Eller and Smith-Pelly and are willing to be creative. Also reporting teams have called on Markov, Pacioretty, and Galchenyuk and that Yakupov/Atkinson are on the radar. Link

- Apparently Bob McKenzie mentioned that he figures Smith-Pelly is the most likely Hab to be moved. I didn't hear that one myself but a bunch of people seem to have heard it.

Dreger shoots down the above a bit. He spoke to Eller's agent who clarified that Eller is not being shopped. They have not been flat out told that he won't be traded, just that they're not shopping him.

It does seem odd that a team would tell a guy he is definitely not being traded. Why would you do that?

Desharnais, a 3rd round pick, and a bag of pucks for someone's 5th round pick...make it happen MB!

(who am I kidding...I'd accept 'future considerations...overvaluing DD there)

There would be THE suicide ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comeeeee onnnn just make something happen!

Anaheim gets Brandon Pirri from Florida for a 6th rounder. I'm pretty sure the report yesterday was there were offers of a 2nd and a 3rd + 4th for him, obviously that wasn't true (or those teams all withdrew their offers). I'm not a big Pirri fan but that's a good move for the Ducks.

Guest Stogey24

Anaheim gets Brandon Pirri from Florida for a 6th rounder. I'm pretty sure the report yesterday was there were offers of a 2nd and a 3rd + 4th for him, obviously that wasn't true (or those teams all withdrew their offers). I'm not a big Pirri fan but that's a good move for the Ducks.

I thought he'd bring in more than a 6th. I guess he's hurt too though