History lesson for the youngsters

johnnyhasbeen

If we can keep this going another 24 hours, then the west coast trip will be over and we will have barely noticed. I don't mean to offend, although sometimes I do. You should see me at kids minor hockey games now. Trying to be correct in today's world is hard on me. I still yell at the refs when they blow a call, been warned about it by the league heads more than once but they find it hard to ban an old codger or I would be out. As I said above in answer to Lovett's question. I seem to have accomplished what I set out to do here. Hopefully we are all still friends at the end of it all. Bruins suck, Leafs suck, Orr sucked Neely sucked Sittler sucked and Lanny and his mousttache was just goofy and sucked, Chara sucks and so does wait Who is on the Leafs now? Oh well he sucks too!

• Upvote 1

I call them like i see them. Saying Orr is a faker is idiotic and stupid.... its also foolish, asinine, illogical, imbecilic, foolhardy, daft, inane, moronic, senseless, harebrained, fatuous, and thickwitted.

:monkey:

Please show me where I said he was a faker, liar! Better go put your pants out, they are burning.

Please show me where I said he was a faker, liar! Better go put your pants out, they are burning.

Here is where you said it.

Orr's game from the half board to the goal line and then across in front of the net was terrific for sure and yes he created that style. That is where I remember seeing him score the most. As I have said before, I had a soft spot for the Black Hawks as a kid. I loved Makita and Tony Espo was the goalie I based my style on in nets. When Orr was traded to the Black Hawks I remember one of my coaches saying to me that I must be excited that Chicago was getting Orr. I replied, "No, he is the reason I get hung out by our defence all the time." I did not like the fact that all my defence in minor hockey tried to imitate him. Made it really hard to be a goalie. I loved how he let us down in the Canada Russia series by putting the Bruins ahead of the country. Still was there putting up 100 points for them but hurt too much to play for Canada? BS, hurt him to play for free more like it. He wasn't missing time in the NHL with those knees at that point. Oh yeah, I hated him as much as I hate Marchand and Chara.

"BS, hurt him to play for free more like it."

You implied he was faking the injury because he didn't want to play for free.

Its right there.

I said he let Canada down by not playing, that is 100% true. The whole sporting world was shocked by the announcement. True, he played every game the year before and opening day, true. He was skating before the series, true. I never once said he faked his knee injury. That would be a stupid comment and I never said it. Only you Commandant have used the term Faker in this thread. I do believe Eagleson shut him down, and that is probably true As for the 9 games before the playoffs he missed, that is what we now call resting up your top player for the playoffs, which he played.

Yes I did say BS, because he was skating and it has been said it hurt him every single game he ever played. If you do not believe he was shut down because he had just signed a milllion dollar deal then you my friend are the thick headed dim witted one.

I said he let Canada down by not playing, that is 100% true. The whole sporting world was shocked by the announcement. True, he played every game the year before and opening day, true. He was skating before the series, true. I never once said he faked his knee injury. That would be a stupid comment and I never said it. Only you Commandant have used the term Faker in this thread. I do believe Eagleson shut him down, and that is probably true As for the 9 games before the playoffs he missed, that is what we now call resting up your top player for the playoffs, which he played.

Yes I did say BS, because he was skating and it has been said it hurt him every single game he ever played. If you do not believe he was shut down because he had just signed a milllion dollar deal then you my friend are the thick headed dim witted one.

So now after its proven you did imply he was faking (or what else does calling his injury BS, and implying he was doing it because of money mean). When you have no response to that, instead of attacking the opinion you attack me..... hypocrisy at its finest.

Whatever, I'm done with you.

I come here for intelligent hockey debate. if you can't acknowledge that someone is a good player just cause of the sweater they wear, then we don't have that intelligent debate.

Seems to be going down a rat hole and can see thread lock upcoming.

Surely can argue without personal insults? Take high road (and no I never claimed I wasn't a hypocrite).

The money referred to the new 1 mill contract he had just signed, again a fact. I am out of this thread, I'll buy you a beer if we meet Commandant. Unless you are sporting an Orr jersey. Go ahead, you can have the last word.