Nov. 5, Flyers vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Not a good period from the Habs (aside from getting the lead).  That resembled their first period play lately, hardly get anything through to the net and hope that Price can make a bunch of saves.  That's not the type of response after last night that anyone should be happy with.

17 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Not a good period from the Habs (aside from getting the lead).  That resembled their first period play lately, hardly get anything through to the net and hope that Price can make a bunch of saves.  That's not the type of response after last night that anyone should be happy with.

Weird eh? :wacko:

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

It was not pretty, but it's a win and keeps them from entering a slide.  I expect MT focuses the entire next practice on D zone coverage...because it's been abysmal.

There was some? Cool! 

Is everyone still calling them the best team in the league? Best team that lost 10-0? 

We want it all..hahahaha;)

Guest Stogey24
Just now, dlbalr said:

His last shift was the Galchenyuk goal late in the 2nd.  Seems like an odd time to sit him after his line scored a goal - unless he was banged up on the play.

Ya, not sure what benching is going to do for him. He did look a little out of his element with Galchenyuk and Radulov though 

I was at the game tonight. In Montreal for the weekend. Was a great atmosphere everyone was really pumped up.

Habs had a great start to the game which was refreshing, that was the start we all wanted. We had a couple break downs but mostly all of phillies goals came off the PP with dirty goals. Our PK needs to be better. Refs had a couple questionable calls though, gave the Flyers a chance.

In the end happy with the win thought we were the better team today.

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

It was not pretty, but it's a win and keeps them from entering a slide.  I expect MT focuses the entire next practice on D zone coverage...because it's been abysmal.

Indeed. They're a bit of a mess. Hard to fault Price on any of those goals.

I did think that Markov resembled his old 'General' self for significant chunks of this game, though. Emelin was erratic but definitely laid on some hit, especially that momentum-turning smash on Giroulx, the Hero of the Quebec Nation.

Radu was ferocious, Pleks finally broke the goose-egg, so some good stuff happened. Pacioretty seems to be missing the net a lot.

Lousy game from a coaching point of view, which is why it was a relatively entertaining tilt. But these guys need to re-learn proper defensive coverage. Probably another game or two will be needed.

It seems strange to me that a team coached by Le Genius, who wants defence first and who cares about scoring. This team's major problem right now is team defence. We got any coaches that we can bring in as an associate to teach team defece? Maybe if we get enough associate coaches we will solve all the problems. Oh and let's not forget we need a motivational guy to get them going in the first period (hey maybe Barry Melrose) This complete post can be summed up by this:sarcasm_on:

Moving the puck out of the zone has been a long standing issue. I am not a fan of how they move the puck on the rest of the ice. I see a lot of passing puck to players that are obviously covered or to areas where they have less than 50% of recovering. I am not sure that "the system" is effective in today's game.