Nov. 5, Flyers vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

11 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Lehkonen benched?

Then Shaw sees top pp. how does that even make sense? 

It looked to me he took a hard hit and didn't play after that. Might be injured although I haven't heard of anything yet.

Nice to see the boys bounce back after that shameful performance on Friday night. I gotta say, Philly has a pretty good team. They skate hard and play an aggressive style. I'm pleasantly surprised we've already beaten them twice this year!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

Nice to see the boys bounce back after that shameful performance on Friday night. I gotta say, Philly has a pretty good team. They skate hard and play an aggressive style. I'm pleasantly surprised we've already beaten them twice this year!

Indeed you add in the fact that I think they were on a 3 game win streak, rested in Montreal and are great with the man advantage where they scored most of their goals. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott462 said:

It looked to me he took a hard hit and didn't play after that. Might be injured although I haven't heard of anything yet.

Injured or not, I'd say he's the early favourite to be sat a game in favour of Carr.

15 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I'd have taken out Pateryn (who has scored a goal and helped cause one tonight) and probably Shaw.  Flynn or Desharnais would have been other options.

They're playing a bit better but their defensive zone coverage is still nowhere near good enough lately.

I woulda like to of scratched Markov, let Beaulieu take his spot for a game.

Yes I guess would be Shaw, if it is either he or Flynn-Desharnais to sit, but they wouldn't do that neither and it will be Lehkonen sitting vs Bruins no doubt and would guess Pateryn stays in, seeing as it is the Bruins.

Plekanec, Pateryn & Markov get their 1st g.:thumbs_up:

Desharnais 10:44 and +2, Lehkonen ended up with 8minutes.

Not sure how man draws Galchenuk took, but won 64% of those, which is a good sign and 11pts in 12gms is nice production to start season.

Glaring difference in Markov being -3 and Weber +15.

Guest Stogey24
11 minutes ago, DON said:

Plekanec, Pateryn & Markov get their 1st g.:thumbs_up:

Desharnais 10:44 and +2, Lehkonen ended up with 8minutes.

Not sure how man draws Galchenuk took, but won 64% of those, which is a good sign and 11pts in 12gms is nice production to start season.

Glaring difference in Markov being -3 and Weber +15.

Guest Stogey24

I honestly think Markov is too slow for today's game. He's fine in the offensive zone, but in the defensive end he's a disaster.

He was holding hands with Petry on the right side numerous times for tap in goals against, because players were left all alone. 

8 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I honestly think Markov is too slow for today's game. He's fine in the offensive zone, but in the defensive end he's a disaster.

He was holding hands with Petry on the right side numerous times for tap in goals against, because players were left all alone. 

Hoping he is just a slow starter, or maybe has some minor injury; but, sad to say you could be correct. Guys have walked around him numerous times and really seems to of lost a step and I dont think he shone at Toronto Hockey tournament did he?

13 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

I have been saying this for quite a while. I love the guy but he should retire at the end of this year.

If Markov is the weak link, what does that say about our D-corps? He's a top-4 defender logging major minutes under the current configuration. This team has a significant structural need for a top-4 LD. The questions are whether or not the hole will be filled before the deadline, and what the return will have to be.

33 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If Markov is the weak link, what does that say about our D-corps? He's a top-4 defender logging major minutes under the current configuration. This team has a significant structural need for a top-4 LD. The questions are whether or not the hole will be filled before the deadline, and what the return will have to be.

Picks, young roster player and/or prospect would be cost one would assume, longer they keep winning the better of course, to allow the Patrick lottery teams to become clearer and become sellers.

Commandant proposed Kulikov as one possible target sometime.

"I think given the cap situation, if you get a guy who is a legit top 4 with multiple years that means the end of Markov.

A guy like Kulikov, if he performs well, could also be re-signed ala Petry (also meaning the end of Markov in Montreal)."

40 minutes ago, habs rule said:

I have been saying this for quite a while. I love the guy but he should retire at the end of this year.

Retire? He's still putting up a point every other game. Hard to replace those points internally or through UFA.

I hope he re-signs as a high-end 5 guy who can do spot duty in the top 4. 

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Retire? He's still putting up a point every other game. Hard to replace those points internally or through UFA.

I hope he re-signs as a high-end 5 guy who can do spot duty in the top 4. 

I hope he stops getting beat to the outside and costing us goals and puck possesion

20 minutes ago, habs rule said:

I hope he stops getting beat to the outside and costing us goals and puck possesion

In the Old Grump's defence, I thought he was very forceful on the offensive side of the game last night, especially in the first half of the game. Not just the goal, but generally shooting with authority and managing the offence, almost like the old days.

Guest Stogey24
43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

In the Old Grump's defence, I thought he was very forceful on the offensive side of the game last night, especially in the first half of the game. Not just the goal, but generally shooting with authority and managing the offence, almost like the old days.

It's more the back checking and defensive zone play.

Montreal plays a pretty aggressive style in their own end. Markov gets into trouble when he chases down the puck carrier. He can't get himself back into position after the puck is off X player's stick.

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

Alex Galchenyuk rank among NHL centres with a minimum of 5 GP:

G: 4, T-19th
A: 7, T-11th
Pts: 11, T-12th
Avg TOI: 15:40, 85th

Wow! That toi is alarming. Was MT born in 1930? 

11 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Wow! That toi is alarming. Was MT born in 1930? 

153rd on faceoffs likely is part of reason.

Also #1 centre on Habs is 50th in icetime, so much more balanced than most (all) teams and many top centres also play PK, which Galchneyuk virtually plays zero (0:07, 141st) because his defense is still a work in progress wouldn't you agree.

But at 10-1-1 ya got to find something to try and complain about eh. Try again.:B)

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Impressive production from Galchenyuk. Machine is probably right.

You think they are trading Galchenyuk, if could pry Tavares from the Isles I could see that.

But back in realityland that is just goofy idea, but also heard others calling for Pacioretty to be traded now before he is washed up, which is just as silly and cynical. 

Guest Stogey24

I wouldn't even wave good bye to Pacioretty if a decent trade came along. 

As much as I think he's a great goal scorer with an even better contract. I'd have no problem trading him. but who am I, right..