Latendresse

Hab4life

yeah~ just read the news on rds.ca hehe~ well well... he's still young~ we'll surely get back to us next season with more maturity and more confidence :D i'll of course follow his performance with drummondville this season~~~ :D

Originally posted by Mark Napier

It's the best and obvious thing to do.  No need to rush the kid.  

Fully agreed with all of you who have posted so far.

I expect, nevertheless, to read some quite different opinions soon enough. There were a number of us who, with the trade of Hossa, expressed the FIRM opinion that Latendresse HAD BETTER make the team.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

lol, nothing surprising here. Looks like some fans will be a bit upset of the ordeal, but it's the best move for everyone. He's going to get some top minutes, as well as a sure shot at cracking Team Canada's line-up for U-20.

So, other then the roster spot being fought over by Hainsey and Streit, the roster seems to be pretty much set. Perezhogin makes the team (unless two goons do!!!)

Well, I have to admit that the Hossa trade bugged me because of Garth Murray....but also because it seemed that they were trying to clear room for GL and i thought it would make more sense to send him down.

I'm glad things are clear now--- I guess Bob didnt value Hossa as much as some of us did, oh well.

I'm now rooting for Ivaans. No way two goons make it and Perezhogin gets sent down.

Ivanis will get sent down for sure., and then Streit and Hainsey will be the last two battling for a roster spot. Gonna be interesting to see who goes.

I'm a bit upset, like I've said before, we traded a player in Hossa who provided size and could fight for the puck in the corners, and instead of replacing him with Latendresse in the lineup we send down GL. Oh well.

I cant say I'm surprised he was cut.... At least our roster and lines become more clear now. I just hope Julien isnt dumb enough to go with 2 goons.

Originally posted by Rooster

So, other then the roster spot being fought over by Hainsey and Streit, the roster seems to be pretty much set.  Perezhogin makes the team (unless two goons do!!!)

I have to agree. I would feel uncomfortable with having BOTH Vandermeer and Ivanans stay with the club. It would feel like a step backwards.

I must admit that I too got a little caught up in the Latendresse excitement. Alas, cooler heads must prevail,(that's why Bob is the G.M. and not me). With all the young talent that have paid thier dues down on the farm, it would be foolish to prematurely insert a future habs superstar at this time. #84 is only going to get better in Hamilton, and who knows, he might even get called up if we run into injury problems(God forbid). All these predictions about the Habs being a #7 or#8 team are complete B.S. . We have a excellent team this year and I do believe that we will competing for one of the top four spots in the East. :hlogo:

Originally posted by GuyRock70

#84 is only going to get better in Hamilton, and who knows, he might even get called up if we run into injury problems(God forbid).

What are you smokin' ? He has been send down to juniors ... can't play in Hamilton and can't be recall to the NHL ... it's next year for him.

Originally posted by ~moeman

Hope he gangbusts The Q.

You bet... I hope the same. Go GL, go!

Can't see what more Latendresse could have done in preseason, he was one of our best hitters and top scorers. So I've got to wonder what Gainey meant when he said the best players would make the team regardless of age or contract...

I think its a shame, he was the sort of go-to physical player we needed up front, now instead it looks like we may get a pair of goons?

Other teams start their exceptional youngsters (Bergeron, Crosby) -- the fans love it and if a player is ready then why not take him to the next level?

I guess, the Habs still follow their "don't bring up youngsters, let them develop in the minors playing with vastly inferior teammates" unwritten rule no matter what Gainey says publically.

A little dissapointed at this, anyway from what I've heard from Lats will take it well he's mature and we'll see him at training camp again next year, when maybe the Habs will decide to practice what they preach.

The play of Latrendesse sure made the passing of Brule and other top rated prospects much easier to handle. It is unfortunate he won't play in Montreal this year, but he'll eventually make an impact. We drafted a great young forward and the best young goalie in the world all in the same draft. Wonder what those knuckleheads at TSN who criticized the Canadiens on draft day are saying now. Never mind, I already know what they are talking about - the Leafs. That's all they ever talk about.

Have patience! He's 18 years old. He'll only get better next year and the years after that.

By the way this kid was 45 overall. Benoit Pouliot was sent down to the minors on a weaker team (Minnesota)!I don't think anyone mentioned that on HabsWorld yet. I was surprised they didn't keep him. 4th overall.

[Edited on 2005/10/3 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Originally posted by GreggieMcHabfan

The play of Latrendesse sure made the passing of Brule and other top rated prospects much easier to handle. It is unfortunate he won't play in Montreal this year, but he'll eventually make an impact. We drafted a great young forward and the best young goalie in the world all in the same draft. Wonder what those knuckleheads at TSN who criticized the Canadiens on draft day are saying now. Never mind, I already know what they are talking about - the Leafs. That's all they ever talk about.

I watched a 'Behind the Draft' program on the NHL channel this afternoon. They made a big deal of the 1st four picks and when Montreal's came up, it was quickly passed over. All we heard was what's-his-name's rant on the choice.

Lots of hoopla on the first four and the fifth? nothing...

Hmmm....

In an interview, Julien's more or less saying the same thing as Gainey. He's using Brad Richard as an example of the benefit of going down to the Q.

He says Hainsey's getting better. He's happy with him. He says the same with Streit. He says they'll make a decision on the two tomorrow morning.

They're keeping 7 defensemen and 14 forwards.

None of those two posts were really on topic but whatever.

Latendresse will not lose his skill in the Juniors. He will be the best player in the QMJHL and it would be nice for him to rack up some awards before his rac e to the Calder. Anyway, he might not even make it NEXT season. But what's the rush. He'll be better in 10 years then he is right now so let's enjoy the youth before our prospects start going down hill.

We got a taste, let's hear it for next years calder winner.

He will be back next year, having starred on the world jr champs team and be ready to go. No worries, we have a stacked team here. all is good. Oh yeah, and for years to come.

Gainey knows, trust me. Quote, I am here to win championships.

Hossa wouldn't have cracked our line up now or ever, we have too many up and coming forwards that out rate him.

Note for next years kid line:

Chips, Gui, Locke

:clap::hlogo::clap: