Hainsey Done

les_glorieux

in french: http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/arc...004-102008.html

Hainsey says that he was picked in the first round by the habs five years ago and he still hasn't cracked the lineup. He thinks that it's time for him to go elsewhere and he hopes that he's claimed by another team. He says he knows he's an NHL calibre defenseman. He says he had a good camp and he was satisfied with it. He says he knows it will be unlikely he'll be picked up, but he hopes he will. He knows he will be forced to report to the bulldogs.

Vandermeer was shocked that he wasn't picked up because he thought he played well. He hopes he'll get picked up, but if he doesn't he says he'll have to do his best with the bulldogs. He says he'll play with the goal of trying to convince the Canadiens that he can help the team.

this is extensively paraphrased, read it at your leisure here:http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/archives/2005/10/20051004-102008.html

Bull*.

Even Julien said that Hainsey was better in camp than Streit, an international All Star who is 4 years older. But it makes more sense for Ron to play 25 minutes a game in Hamilton as opposed to Streit's 10 minutes a game in Montreal, rather than the other way round. There will be injuries, and Hainsey will be back up before the end of October.

Things worked out well for the Habs in terms of the numbers game, they got a potentially useful player in Murray for a guy who was never going to play for them in Hossa, and they managed to hang onto one of the best depth defencemen in hockey in Hainsey.

Cynically I will suggest that Hainsey is far from finished in Montreal. They were contractually obligated to give Streit 30 games which should give Hainsey enough time to start taking things seriously. Once the 30 games are up then they decide if it's time to call up Hollywood and see if he's developed a work ethic. If Streit plays really well then out goes the Cube instead.

Or maybe I'm just been watching too many spy movies during the lockout.

29 teams passed on the opportunity of picking up "one of the best depth defenseman in hockey" for nothing.

Hopefully all the brain-challenged Hainsey fanboys get the hint, starting by Hainsey himself. He's not playing up to his potential and its nobody's but Ron Hainsey's fault, plain and simple.

Unless he develops some long-overdue maturity, Hainsey's well on his way into becoming the next Nick Stajduhar.

Originally posted by stjrandy

Cynically I will suggest that Hainsey is far from finished in Montreal. They were contractually obligated to give Streit 30 games which should give Hainsey enough time to start taking things seriously. Once the 30 games are up then they decide if it's time to call up Hollywood and see if he's developed a work ethic. If Streit plays really well then out goes the Cube instead.

Or maybe I'm just been watching too many spy movies during the lockout.

I don't see this happening. To bring Hainsey back up to Montreal this season he will have to clear waivers again on his way up. However, any team claiming him will only have to pay him $375,000 for the year. We

will have to pay the other $375,000. If he has shown any promise in Hamilton I don't think he'll clear waivers under these conditions.

Hainsey has the skills to be a number one defender on any team, almost. However he doesn't have the brains to be even a number 7 on most teams. If there's a player who suffers more from brain cramps on the ice, I'd like to see him. I mean, when I watch him, I can see the pure talent and see where he *could* be. He just can't seem to put it together. He's incredibly slow making decisions and you just can't do that at this level.

And if he really did clear waivers, then every other team in the league agrees with that assessment, or parts of it. I think his number one problem, actually, is evident by what he says. He thinks he played well enough to stay? He thinks he's good enough? There's a MAJOR ego problem with this kid, in fact he reminds me a lot of Alex Daigle - except Daigle got it somewhat under control enough to play in the NHL early on.

Right from the outset Hainsey seems to have been hampered by continual brain cramps. If they weren't on the ice, apparently they were in the bars, or they were in his words to the press, or teammates, or coaches, or management. He will NEVER make the NHL with an attitude like that.

Anyone else think about Terry Ryan when they listen to Hainsey's drivel?

Originally posted by Guy!

There's a MAJOR ego problem with this kid, in fact he reminds me a lot of Alex Daigle - except Daigle got it somewhat under control enough to play in the NHL early on.

/quote]

Methinks he should go get a role on the Bold and the Beautiful, do a season there, and then return in a few years time.

Or take up lacrosse.

Man that's a great sport. Almost hockey, but not quite.

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

Or take up lacrosse.

Man that's a great sport.  Almost hockey, but not quite.

I took my kids and my nephews to a lacrosse game in Owen Sound a few years ago. The kids really enjoyed it.

I was amazed. If anybody thinks that hockey is a vicious sport, you got to check this one out. If that game is indicative of the type of play... wow... talk about rough!

Very little protective equipment... not to much slip and/or give to the concrete surface, very solid hardwood sticks...

all of it adds up to bunch of bang-ups, bruises, blood and broken bones, boys. (how's that one for an alliteration!):bow::bow::bow:

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

What are you guys going on about clearing waivers? You have to clear waivers if you have a one way NHL contract and are sent down, not brought up.

Yeah, you have to clear waivers when you're sent down, and then again when you're brought back up. But if hes pick up off waivers on the way back up we would have to pay half his salary.

Not sure if this is a new rule or not.

[Edited on 2005/10/5 by greener88]

I've never heard anyone say anything good about Hainsey's work ethic or his intelligence. The fact that he's still bragging about being a 1st-round pick, five years after the fact, shows me that he doesn't understand the difference between having talent/potential, and actually DELIVERING on those. And he should pause to think: the Habs DON'T have one of the league's better defence corps; if he can't even crack the 6th spot here, where does he expect to do better? Ottawa?

This guy will never make the NHL.

Originally posted by Roo-AH! Roo-AH!

I've never heard anyone say anything good about Hainsey's work ethic or his intelligence. The fact that he's still bragging about being a 1st-round pick, five years after the fact, shows me that he doesn't understand the difference between having talent/potential, and actually DELIVERING on those. And he should pause to think: the Habs DON'T have one of the league's better defence corps; if he can't even crack the 6th spot here, where does he expect to do better? Ottawa?

This guy will never make the NHL.

Roo-AH! Roo-AH! your post is similar to what I believe.

I was thinking he could make the roster. After a lackluster camp, he probably thought he locked a position because he was no better or worse than some of the other guys.

I like him, think there is potential. However if he does not want to play in Hamilton or thinks he could make it on another team, then trade him. It would be a sad waste of a draft pick but sometimes people have to move on to further their careers. Trading might be impossible right now though, since nobody picked him up on waivers.

Montreal has to seriously look to improve the depth of defense in Hamilton and draft smart. Hopefully there will be a productive draft by picking up a couple of smart D-Men next year.

Roo-AH! Roo-AH! is right, whether or not Streit was/is better or not you'd expect a first rounder to be challenging for Markov's job for example. I don't expect Hainsey to be in the organization in September 2006.

Using Markov purely as an example...of a defenseman with some offensive ability. And btw it is 100% natural to expect a first rounder to be doing well and making the coaching/management decision a no-brainer.

Originally posted by beckham

Hainsey has every right to be *ed. He was an All American, an AHL All Star at 20 years of age, then he ended up in the hands of the Habs coaching staff and it has been downhill since that point. The same thing is happening to Komisarek. Last year Ron signed a nice contract with a virtual gaurantee that he would have a spot in the lineup after sitting behind local charity cases like Robidas, Laflamme, Traverse, Dykhuis etc. all that time. Then the lockout and he loses $600 k, has his contract for this season rolled back to $500k and the Habs bring in some old Euro who speaks French and hands him the spot.

Just because someone is an All-American does not mean they should be guaranteed a spot in the NHL. And blaming this on the Habs coaching staff is just looking for excuses in my opinion. I mean, Komisarek has made the team, as has Higgins and now a few more kids who came up through the same system. This is a kid who has all the potential in the world but can't seem to translate that into NHL-calibre play. It's quite obvious while watching him that he just doesn't have it. He makes constant blunders that make Brisebois look like a rock defensively. He's unsure of himself on the ice, makes slow decisions, and quite often the decision he does make are completely erroneous.

I've no idea why you think contract has anything to do with anything in this matter. This is purely about the ability to perform in the NHL and if you've watched him closely enough, it's quite obvious that he doesn't have it at this point.

As to the "old Euro who speaks French", he at least made significant gains in his time on the ice during the pre-season. He went from a struggling player to one who showed infinitely more consistency at the end, and *that* is the critical reason why he's staying. Hainsey has absolutely no consistency whatsoever. In fact, if you believe the rumours, Gainey *tried* to move Hainsey and there were NO takers. That as well has to tell you something about his game.

Originally posted by beckhamFor his sake, I hope he catches on elsewhere, but I get sick of all these genetically deprived dweebs jealous that he is tall, good looking, and college educated while they aren't.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were Ron Himself. This is exactly the kind of egotistical crap that has been blowing from his gob since he landed in Montreal - he's good enough to play, he doesn't need to be in the minors, etc, etc, ad nauseum. If he could get over himself and then put in the full and consistent effort required to make it, he'd absolutely be in the NHL. Sadly, he ego writes cheques that he can't cash.

Finally, trying to go for the cheap personal shots at people who don't agree with what you have to say is quite pathetic. We're all entitled to our opinions - and if we don't agree with one another, that's great, but to resort to ridiculous insinuations and petty name-calling is nothing more than childish. If you don't agree with what's being said and you can't find a way to express yourself other than bashing others personally, then I suggest you leave. Perhaps you and Ron can go to a bar and discuss how the management and fans just don't understand you and how brilliant you both are.

For his sake, I hope he catches on elsewhere, but I get sick of all these genetically deprived dweebs jealous that he is tall, good looking, and college educated while they aren't.

Seems beckham has a hardon for this guy. Hey I live in Hamilton, maybe I could talk to him to see if he's interested in a date with you.:lol:

Seriously, I think that next years draft is going to be centered on getting some D prospects because the organization is pretty thin in that area. What are the chances of taking a D-man with the first pick? Place your bets.

As to the "old Euro who speaks French", he at least made significant gains in his time on the ice during the pre-season. He went from a struggling player to one who showed infinitely more consistency at the end, and *that* is the critical reason why he's staying.

By "..the end.." I presume you mean the last game of the preseason where Streit was -2 with 0 hits and 0 points, while Hainsey was even with 4 hits? Yeah, it really looks like Streit passed him by....:eyes:

[Edited on 2005/10/5 by beckham]

While the Habs can still recall Hainsey during the season, it seems unlikely, as he would have to go through waivers again. Should a team claim him on the way up, Montreal would have to pay half his salary.

I dont understand this rule, clear waivers when you come up. A team needs you and when another team picks the guy you still need to pickup somebody else. People with injuries won't be sidelined that easy. Maybe guys will play on with injuries, cuz its difficult to get a backup.

Can somebody tell me the sence of this rule?

The players association wants to make sure that no player with NHL ability gets stuck in an organization where they have to play for extra years in the minors due to the depth ahead of them. Players just want to play in the NHL and earn NHL wages, most don't care which team they play for. I think the only factors would probably be the local taxes and weather/golf courses. Other than that they just want to play in the NHL asap and earn the big bucks.

The players association wants to make sure that no player with NHL ability gets stuck in an organization where they have to play for extra years in the minors due to the depth ahead of them. Players just want to play in the NHL and earn NHL wages, most don't care which team they play for. I think the only factors would probably be the local taxes and weather/golf courses. Other than that they just want to play in the NHL asap and earn the big bucks.

I always thought that was the reasoning for players having to clear waivers on their way down, but don't understand it for players on their way up (as it could be, in the latter case, an incentive for a team to keep in the AHL a player they would otherwise call up). Bugs me not to get this one.