Wouldn't it be great to see all the Canadian teams in the playoffs?

Pierre the Great

I doubt the Leafs will make it and the Oilers don't look great to me. Since when was Mike Peca the greatest guy in the World and the heavyweight D-man bashers have a blind spot for Pronger. The new CBA slightly degrades him and his age is becoming a problem. Also, the Oilers simply have nobody else in any position and they have no NHL-ready goalie. I don't really care about the Canadian teams making the playoffs. I'm not the kind of person who cheers for a team in the playoffs just because they're Canadian.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I doubt the Leafs will make it and the Oilers don't look great to me. Since when was Mike Peca the greatest guy in the World and the heavyweight D-man bashers have a blind spot for Pronger. The new CBA slightly degrades him and his age is becoming a problem. Also, the Oilers simply have nobody else in any position and they have no NHL-ready goalie. I don't really care about the Canadian teams making the playoffs. I'm not the kind of person who cheers for a team in the playoffs just because they're Canadian.

I agree, I would never EVER cheer for the laffs in the playoffs even if they were the last Canadian team left. Same goes with Ottawa now that they signed Hasek. I highly doubt Edmonton will make the playoffs this year, because as Bulis mentioned, they have no proven starter. Pronger's overrated as well, but I won't get started on that.

Okay, what about more teams from canada?

Winnepeg already has a new arena,

I'm for quebec to get a team but I here support isnt that great and that the arena they are using right now sucks.

Halifax? Saskatoon? I mean really do we need hockey teams in atlanta, miami, and north carolina?

[Edited on 2005/10/9 by Pierre the Great]

Originally posted by Pierre the Great

Okay, what about more teams from canada?

Winnepeg already has a new arena,

I'm for quebec to get a team but I here support isnt that great and that the arena they are using right now sucks.

Halifax? Saskatoon? I mean really do we need hockey teams in atlanta, miami, and north carolina?

[Edited on 2005/10/9 by Pierre the Great]

I think it's got more to do with politics and money. Although the salary cap may make it easier for small market teams in Canada, it will do just as much to keep the teams south of the border.

A year without Vancouver is a year to be blessed. And Toronto sucks. But I think every other team will be there. Hemsky and Torres are ready to breakout for Edmonton and Markaanen is SEVERLY underrated. All three of them proved my point in tonights game against the Canucks. Horcoff also gained some confidence from playing in the Swedish league last year, he lead the league in scoring. Edmonton is a team to watch out for. I've said before that they're overrated but I've watched both of their games and so far, the Oilers have changed my mind.

I'd like to see Quebec have a team but they'd be competing with us. Some of our fans will witch and there might be less attendance. The good thing will be that there would be cheaper tickets when the game is hardly any further than the Bell Center. There are no Eastern teams beyond Montreal. Maybe there should be one in Fredericton or in one of those Provinces (Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.) Newfoundland and PEI don't have much chance at a hockey team for obvious reasons. Maybe Saskatoon, Regina or Victoria? Don't ask me about politics.

• 2 years later...

Hey look, it's Pierre's first ever post at HW. Oh, if we could only go back in time...

A year without Vancouver is a year to be blessed. And Toronto sucks. But I think every other team will be there. Hemsky and Torres are ready to breakout for Edmonton and Markaanen is SEVERLY underrated. All three of them proved my point in tonights game against the Canucks. Horcoff also gained some confidence from playing in the Swedish league last year, he lead the league in scoring. Edmonton is a team to watch out for. I've said before that they're overrated but I've watched both of their games and so far, the Oilers have changed my mind.

This was before they made the finals.

Lucky predictions FTW!

(Yeah, I was bored)

Leafs are only 7 points out so possible. If none of the no-trade guys wave their NTC then Leaves could do it. Watching Ottawa get spanked...PRICELESS!

Seriously there are just some teams you can not beat in the playoffs and I honestly think that the Leafs would punish the Sens.

No. It would be great to see 5 Canadian teams in the playoffs and the Leafs a point outside the playoffs.

Or Ottawa first overall and Leafs in last playoff spot. Ottawa fan mouths say they own Montreal and having to play Leafs they would SHUT their mouths quickly. :lol:

Or Ottawa first overall and Leafs in last playoff spot. Ottawa fan mouths say they own Montreal and having to play Leafs they would SHUT their mouths quickly. :lol:

It would be funny for sure Sundin would win that series on his own.

Call me selfish but I also specifically cheer against the Canadian teams.

the fact that there is a team in Vancouver means nothing to me. I'm a Habs fan and only a Habs fan, whether the other teams are in Canada or not is irrelevant to me.

:clap::clap::clap:

there is no possible way that i could agree more!

when the Habs aren't playing, i root for whoever i feel like, regardless of what side of the border they play their home games on. and, yes, i do tend to root for more US based teams than Canadian teams when that happens - simply because there is only 1 Canadian team worth caring about, and it's :hlogo: !!!

:ghg:

Call me selfish but I also specifically cheer against the Canadian teams.

the fact that there is a team in Vancouver means nothing to me. I'm a Habs fan and only a Habs fan, whether the other teams are in Canada or not is irrelevant to me.

Ditto...

Who else was cheering for TB rather than Calgary in the SCF few years ago?