Danis Demoted

simonus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Danis's doing well though. I don't think they'd call up an AHL goalie to play when they don't nee one. No one's injured and both our goalies are playing well. No way Huet got back so early and if there was a trade they would have said that rather than Danis got demoted.

Hmmm... sportsnet.ca? I'll go check.

TSN is also reporting the same.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=142459&hubname=

Really confusing. The TSN article states that Huet is ready to return. Quite surprising as I had not heard anything about his practising with the team or being close to returning. Odd stuff.

Originally posted by simonus

According to sportsnet.ca Yann Danis has been sent to Hamilton.  I don't understand.  Who are they bringing to replace him?  Michaud?  A trade?

it's funny, I didn't mention Huet cause I thought it was too silly to countenance...

I thought Huet was coming back in January or something. Wow, this came a s asurprise. I look forward to seeing Huet play.

Notice he didn't need to clear waivers? Man I would like to get this waivers thing str8.

I expect Huet is almost ready and that they will bring someone else up until he is. Get Danis ice time that he wont get behind Theo. Jose will get the nod for all the games this month .

Oh, and from what I have heard, the Dogs could use the help.

[Edited on 2005/11/9 by johnnyhasbeen]

to be put through waivers, you need to be in a professional league for at least 3 years witchis not dany's case

I'm glad to see dany go back to hamilton for he will have lots of ice time.

the team is to decide if they recall michaud for a fe games while huet gets back on track

After Theo stole the show last night, maybe they realize we just don't need a backup anymore, and that Theo will start the remanider of the Games until Huet is back.

GO HABS GO

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

to be put through waivers, you need to be in a professional league for at least 3 years witchis not dany's case

Does anyone know where to find the exact agreement on the waivers issue. Finding it a little confusing this year, where it was obvious before. :?-

Originally posted by Begin&Higgins

After Theo stole the show last night, maybe they realize we just don't need a backup anymore, and that Theo will start the remanider of the Games until Huet is back.

GO HABS GO

They still need a backup. What if Theo was to get injured? Knock on wood. Maybe put the pads on Dags? No, someone will be called up.

This doesn't make sense, they need to have a backup on the bench each game ready to go in if Theo gets hurt (even if they plan on using Theo for the remainder of the month or whatever). Is Huet ready to play against Pittsburgh on Thursday (which he would have to do if Theo gets hurt say in the 1st minute of the game)? Why haven't they announced that they are calling up someone else from from Hamilton at the same time? This may be just a lag in communication (that Huet is ready to go as of Thursday or someone is getting the call up) or there is the possibility of a trade where the Habs would acquire (maybe amongst others) a backup that is ready to go.

It does in fact look like Huet will be ready for backup duty against Pittsburgh. Strange we never heard anything about his rehab.....well maybe not so strange, we didn't even hear his name during opening night presentations:)

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/191685.html

Maybe dandenault also plays nets.

I'm surprised that the Habs didn't at least send Huet down to the AHL for a 2 week conditioning stint before activating him. That would better prepare him to start a game in the NHL, instead of just jumping into a real game.