Open-door Theodore's Play

lovethehabs

Originally posted by Komisarek the Cruncher

Perfect example of NOT being able to read properly and being stuck in your own world of ideas.

There are so many people writing things and quoting things from god knows where that its hard to have a realistic discussion about anything on this site...

[Edited on 2005/11/16 by Komisarek the Cruncher]

If you are going to start with personal assaults then leave and go to espn boards where they are fitting. BTW. what is your opinion of a discussion? You saying one thing and everyone agreeing with you? Just to let you know... that is NOT a discussion.

ps. Im not mad at you yet but dont continue with personal attacks.

and another thing... this to all on this board... STOP talking like noone knows any hockey at all just becaus they dont agree with you. Its so god damn irritating to hear these kind of sentences. "Ive played hockey for 6 years so I know ALOOOOT more than any other fan on this board" CMON!!! Ive never played hockey but I still know enough to be considered a fan with the rights of saying his opinions.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Rooster
Originally posted by Peter Puck
Originally posted by olematelot

Theodore might not be the goalie we need. Dryden once said that a good goalie on a weak team is not neccessarily going to be a good goalie on a strong team.

Here's the most intelligent comment I've seen about Theo from someone.

I wrote the exact same thing in one of my posts. Watch and see guys, Theo is not the guy we need.

Theo's great performances and big saves have always come in games we are bombarded. Also, there was no pressure 3 years ago as there was no expectation on the team because it was lousy...now its a whole new situation.

Theo as a very weak concentration level and always gives bad goals in games where we dominate and he gets few shots. I've almost never seen him make great saves in games where he gets under 25 shots.

As for Bob, I'm sure that Theo is not in is long term plans...can you spell PRICE.

Maybe he was great for us back then, but I seriously that he can be a great goalie for a dominante team. He needs plenty of action to be good and he won't get it anymore now that we are a dominating team.

I agree that trading him now is probably not the best move because we wouldn't be getting a fair return at this stage of the season. Look at Fedorov's trade, Columbus gave almost nothing in return. But idealy, if we had a solution to replace him, I would trade him now before his contract and performances make him difficult to trade.

All this to say that this is only my opinion and every single one of you who made fun of my comments are just immature kids who need a serious dose of growing up. Its so much easier to make a stupid comment then to actually bring actual facts and thoughts to a discussion.

Honestly guys, since when as insulting and laughing of someone brought anything constructive to an argument?

Hatred only brings even more hatred. Quite pathetic to read some people's comments.

Good thing I don't fall so easily in this type of shamefulness.:nono:

You are entitled to your opinion, although I must say a lot of people disagree with you. When you look at the teams goaltending prospects however there is merit to what your saying, they didn't draft a goalie #1 for no reason and Danis is certainly showing great potential so Theo certainly could be moved in the next couple of years but I don't believe it's going to happen anytime soon as he is our only proven starter. Theo has played well enough this year to enable us to be where we are and I truly believe that his performance will get better as the season wears on :hlogo:

No you're wrong there, olematelot, I don't think anyone would disagree with Komisarek the Cruncher's opening position in his latest post. :)

:lol::clap: Good one.

I wasn't commenting on that particular post but to all the posts that he has made on this subject and therefore I'm not wrong as a lot of people do disagree with him, read the whole thread:eyes:

Originally posted by Dalhabs

Perfect example of NOT being able to read properly and being stuck in your own world of ideas.

There are so many people writing things and quoting things from god knows where that its hard to have a realistic discussion about anything on this site...

If you are going to start with personal assaults then leave and go to espn boards where they are fitting. BTW. what is your opinion of a discussion? You saying one thing and everyone agreeing with you? Just to let you know... that is NOT a discussion.

and another thing... this to all on this board... STOP talking like noone knows any hockey at all just becaus they dont agree with you. Its so god damn irritating to hear these kind of sentences. "Ive played hockey for 6 years so I know ALOOOOT more than any other fan on this board" CMON!!! Ive never played hockey but I still know enough to be considered a fan with the rights of saying his opinions.

Well said :clap: it seems like some posters have no comeback on something so they resort to personal attacks to cover up for their lack of knowledge

Originally posted by Rooster

Theodore might not be the goalie we need. Dryden once said that a good goalie on a weak team is not neccessarily going to be a good goalie on a strong team.

Here's the most intelligent comment I've seen about Theo from someone.

I wrote the exact same thing in one of my posts. Watch and see guys, Theo is not the guy we need.

Theo's great performances and big saves have always come in games we are bombarded. Also, there was no pressure 3 years ago as there was no expectation on the team because it was lousy...now its a whole new situation.

Theo as a very weak concentration level and always gives bad goals in games where we dominate and he gets few shots. I've almost never seen him make great saves in games where he gets under 25 shots.

As for Bob, I'm sure that Theo is not in is long term plans...can you spell PRICE.

Maybe he was great for us back then, but I seriously that he can be a great goalie for a dominante team. He needs plenty of action to be good and he won't get it anymore now that we are a dominating team.

I agree that trading him now is probably not the best move because we wouldn't be getting a fair return at this stage of the season. Look at Fedorov's trade, Columbus gave almost nothing in return. But idealy, if we had a solution to replace him, I would trade him now before his contract and performances make him difficult to trade.

All this to say that this is only my opinion and every single one of you who made fun of my comments are just immature kids who need a serious dose of growing up. Its so much easier to make a stupid comment then to actually bring actual facts and thoughts to a discussion.

Honestly guys, since when as insulting and laughing of someone brought anything constructive to an argument?

Hatred only brings even more hatred. Quite pathetic to read some people's comments.

Good thing I don't fall so easily in this type of shamefulness.:nono:

You are entitled to your opinion, although I must say a lot of people disagree with you. When you look at the teams goaltending prospects however there is merit to what your saying, they didn't draft a goalie #1 for no reason and Danis is certainly showing great potential so Theo certainly could be moved in the next couple of years but I don't believe it's going to happen anytime soon as he is our only proven starter. Theo has played well enough this year to enable us to be where we are and I truly believe that his performance will get better as the season wears on :hlogo:

No you're wrong there, olematelot, I don't think anyone would disagree with Komisarek the Cruncher's opening position in his latest post. :)

:lol::clap: Good one.

I wasn't commenting on that particular post but to all the posts that he has made on this subject and therefore I'm not wrong as a lot of people do disagree with him, read the whole thread:eyes:

It was a joke. The opening line of Crusher's post states, refering to part of Peter Puck's post, that it was the most inteligent thing on Theo he had seen. So Peter Puck said that you are wrong to disagree with the statement that he made the most intelligent comment.

Just a joke on that very precise point, says nothing on the rest of your posts.

If we were going to trade Theo who would we get that's better?

Belfour? dont make me laugh... like the rest of his over the hill teammates he'll be lucky to play a complete season.

Cujo? also too old and not a good playoff goalie

Luoungo? obviously not proven in the playoffs, a FA next season who will be demanding a significant raise and a goalie who will have a significant adjustment period if he ever gets on a team that can play defense

Graham? not even worth commenting on

Khaibulin? over-rated, over-paid

Brodeur? Who exactly would we give up to pry him out of Jersey??

Who else?

Our prospects are too young and inexperienced to handle the pressure of starting in Montreal

Give me a break! While Theo hasnt stolen many games for the team he hasnt given many away either.

It doesnt really matter how Theo is playing now (as long as the team wins enough to make the playoffs) as long as he rounds into form as the season progresses... and wins in the playoffs.

Bottom line: you dont trade your starting goaltender when your young team is at the top of the standings unless a ridiculous deal comes up.

As I've said before, the only way I would be in favour of trading Theo would be if Keenan lost his mind and we got Luongo and Boumeester for Theo and Dags:) :o

Now that would be the steal of the century:D

[Edited on 2005/11/17 by PMAC]

And, I forgot to mention we are 4th in goals against in the Eastern conference....whaada want, egg in your beer?

there's another thread that says RDS just posted that Theo's had a groin injury for 10 days. So all you anti-Theo's should probably cut him some slack that he was playing with it all this time.

this thread is bogus:puke:

Funny how you only post my comment but you deleted yours that I was commenting on. You started with the attacks by putting words in my mouth that I didn't say (I never said that all 5 TO goals were crap, just 3 of them) and by saying that I should be in net because I sound REALLY good. Honestly, I never attack people unless they attcak first. If your comment was not meant to attack me, maybe I misinterpreted it...and I apologize for that. Its just that a lot of people attacked my comments on this thread so I read yours as being another one of them.

My idea of a discussion is people challenging each others ideas in a respectful manner, not having everybody agree with me. If that was the case, do you really think that I would have written that Theo is overrated and not the goalie we need in this forum...I will never have the majority of support here for this but I still hold to my ideas.

I'm just fed up of people attacking others when they disagree with them. Like that guy who wrote "all that time" for only 10 days which represented 3 games or something. People use anything to lower other peoples ideas and that is absurd and frustrating.

If you guys disagree, thats fine, but no need to insult a fellow Habs fan. Keep those for the Laffs fans.

Its as if every little post on this forum as to be pro-Habs otherwise a bunch of them start to write insults.

Anyways, sorry for the insult but don't write things I didn't say and your comment was somewhat insulting about putting me in net because I sound REALLY ggod.

Lets forget about this thread as it will come up again eventually...with Theo, its a certainty.

sure... lets ignore this thread and all said in it.

I hope that we dont need it again :)

Hey, what about my brilliant analysis of the alternatives available to us :)

sure... lets ignore this thread and all said in it.

I hope that we dont need it again :)

Funny thing is, with the way theo is playing this year,This thread will be on and off till the end of the season.....

Im not saying trade him. But I am looking down the road two years or so when he is gone, and i like what I see with Danis and Price as our two netminders!!!!!

I find it fascinating how all across the internet on Habs message boards, this topic is constantly being argued and for a good reason. And why? He is paid a hefty sum but does not play to the level of his salary.

His defenders argue, 'bad defense,' 'breezer screwed up' 'rivet screwed up' 'management has never surrounded him with a team.' Others just love to indulge (unconsciously for the most part) the legacy of great Montreal Canadiens French goaltenders. Which, at this point in Theo's career, he has not lived up too---and to be honest, never will.

Ever since 01-02 when he collected all his shiny trophies, he has not produced to those standards. He was immediately over-paid by the prior administration who catered more to public opinion than the solidity of the team. We all saw it this summer in his contract demands, the guy thinks he is BIG GAME, but all he is doing his collecting his paycheck, getting hot ass, free parties. Simply put, to me, he is resting on his laurels from the 01-02 season.

Would everyone would be complaing if he made 2.5, 3 mil a year? Probably not. But I think its just frustrating for everyone to see what skill this guy has, what he is capable of, the potential he had, but just hasn't come together. I am very ambivalent of Theodore. He has the skill, he saves this team from losses, but secondly, the Boston series in the last play-offs to me is a microcosm of his career. At his age, he has matured as a player and that is what scares me. This is Theo. When he plays to his ful potential, he is quite possibly THE BEST in the league. But his lapses are horrendous for player of his salary and calibre. He is just too inconsistent, and appears to lack full focus.

Everyone will debate this until this guy wins a Cup. Is he this team's best chance? Yes. And unforunately, no matter how fair it is or not, until he does that, this argument will never end.

[Edited on 2005/11/19 by joliat]

[Edited on 2005/11/19 by joliat]

Of course Théo hasn't produced to his 01-02 standards. 01-02 was a career year. They happen once in a career. Nobody honestly expects José to win the Hart every year, do they? If so, then we as a fanbase need to seriously readjust our expectations...

I, for one, would be happy if he played like he did in 03-04.