Who is the Toughest Guy in the NHL?

BTH

I saw this asked to Sens fans on SN's OverTime show (which I like) and the majority voted for Chara and McGrattan. Everyone who got a vote was automatically put as an option for you guys.

I feel bad for Laracques; no votes out of 4. I almost made Avery an option because he has the most penalty minutes. I only put Domi because someone on TV said it was him and a lo of people (believe it or not) think he's tough.

Why is Avery on the list? He isn't tough, he is a yellow bastard.

Same with May. He is a piece of work as well.

Worrell gets my vote. That guy is SCARY. wish gainey would have given him a tryout this year. he would look great beating the crap out vermin like avery, may and domi.

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

By "tough" do you mean good in a fight or as in can play with a lot of pain? If it's the latter, then Begin hands down!

I don't think Begin can feel pain. :)

the problem with worrell is that he lacks brains

how stupid is that; a black who tries to fool a cop by saying he's karlis skrastin( a russian??)

i'm not sure but i think the guy went to jail twice already.

I wish he was in MTL though...

I have to say that I wish domi was a habs (not a yellow leaf)

he's respected as a player, he stiil foght dispite is age and still manages to score about 10 goals a season

Please Marky and Komi tell me you were joking! Tie Dummy as a habs? :o:puke::puke::puke: Only when they fire BG and replace him with Houle

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

By "tough" do you mean good in a fight or as in can play with a lot of pain? If it's the latter, then Begin hands down!

Amen, df, amen.

After seeing him leave the bottom of his face on the boards during that Boston playoff series and seeing him come back to the play so quickly... that's really tough!

I can't imagine many players doing that. The residual pain through which he had to play must have been hard to bear.

One tough dude! :king::king::king:

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I don't care who you are, there's no way you can beat chara.... the man is a beast... and I've heard he's trained in some kind of wrestling/fighting as well... where he did very well...

IMO, Chara is a special case, and shouldn't really be on the list, lol.

I haven't really seen McGratton fight, so my vote (after Chara), goes to Worrell, well at least until I get a good glimpse of what McGratton can do :D)

Laraques is probably the toughest but no one can beat Chara.

I think it was Mike Boone who said this in one of his annoying EEEEE Mails the day after Ivanans's fight:

"After all, there's only one man on this planet who has half a chance of staying vertical in a fight against Chara and I don't like Shaq's chances on skates.":P

Ovechkin is insane! He reminds me of Kovalchuk (did you see that blast from the point last night) except tougher. What a great checker. I'd definitely rather have him than Crosby but let's keep that topic off of this thread.

I always thought Bryan Berard was tough because he doesn't wear a visor aftr nearly losing his eye. NOT!

Just a cotton-pickin minute here... are we all forgetting about someone...

The toughest man in the Nhl is by far: SAKU KOIVU!!!

I mean talk about tough.. he plays throug everything...He comes back from cancer in the same year and hasn't missed signifigant playing time since..remember the last playoffs when everyone was saying that thornton would have been so much better if he didnt have that cracked rib.. only to find out that koivu had the same thing while leading the league in points and being half Joes size in the 'old NHL'.

Man that is TOUGH.. I dont care who you can fight.. I'd like to see Chara try and take some of the pain that koivu has and keep coming on strong.

That mental and physical toughness is what makes him a true leader for the HABS.

CH for life..out

Eric Cairns is one bad mo-fo.Top 5 for sure. McGratton has done very well this year. So has Colton Orr for the Broooooons. I still say that Ivanans can take Chara because any punch can change a fight!!!:ghg:

Lets first define Tough!

Toughest doesnt necesarily mean last man standing in a fight on a Ice rink!... I can assure you if we had Chara vs Begin or Domi with Ultimate fighting rules it be different I could see Domi elbowing Chara's crotch etc...

I wouldnt be surprised Chara faints at the first sight of blood... Look when Chara break's his jaw and loses teeth and comes back to play then I'll grant you he's tough...

Take it from me... I was always the biggest in school and i never got into a fight Not because I was tough but I was more intimidating and had they known I was a sissy I would have gotten my arse kicked!! :P

Ivanans is huge but not tough.

Eric Cairns got his ass whipped by McGrattan last night. He stayed up for a few seconds though.

And yes Saku is tough in a sense but when you think tough you don't think Saku right away.