HabsWorld in yesterday's Gazette

BTH

I was reading the sports section this weekend and I saw in the letters to the editor someone mentioned this site. I don't have the paper in front of me but the letter went something like this.

"Where I get my habs information is from www.habsworld.net. I find that it's a very good site and has good members who know their hockey."

Okay those aren't anywhere near the actual words but they pretty much had the same meaning. The real letter was 4 or 5 times as long as that though. It was written from I think someone named Abu Dhabi (or was that a city?) in the United Arab Emirates. I know I saw the UAE flag under one of the posters's names so this must be that person.

Yes, this is very vague and has incomplete information and not much of a source but the point is: HabsWorld was mentioned and complimented in the Gazette by one of it's members.:/)

Originally posted by Macaskill

Wow, that's awesome, I wanna see that article!!! :D

As you would say:

Check, check, check it out!:D

I looked all over the gazette site and couldn't find it. I don't have the paper with me but when I find it I'll post it.

I did it. Abu Dhabi, where I live, is the capital city of the United Arab Emirates.

A week or so ago Dave Stubbs of the Gazette did an article on Online Habs fans. I thought that his leaving out HabsWorld was a glaring ommission, so I emailed him to give him my opinion, that any discussion of Habs fans on the Internet should include us. I thought, since he didn't reply, he was ignoring me but that must not be the case.

I havent seen the article yet because I'm in the middle of a self-imposed media blackout. I'm going to watch a delayed broadcast of the Grey Cup(tonight, tues) and it has been torture trying to resist the temptation to peek :)

Glad to hear that the Gazette is taking us Habs fans opinions seriously

I emailed this is response to his article on online Habs fans(he referred to an "unknown" player people on that site were eager to get rid of):

Dear Dave:

That was a nice article, but I urge you to check out www.habsworld.net which I think is the premier Habs discussion site on the net and where most people don’t think they can do a better job than Bob, but are equally (for the most part) eager to get Daginais out of the line-up.

From here in the UAE, Habsword, The Gazette and CJAD allow me to feed my Habs addiction.

Regards

Paul MacLeod

Lecturer, The Petroleum Institute

Abu Dhabi, UAE

Originally posted by PMAC

I emailed this is response to his article on online Habs fans(he referred to an "unknown" player people on that site were eager to get rid of):

Dear Dave:

That was a nice article, but I urge you to check out www.habsworld.net which I think is the premier Habs discussion site on the net and where most people don’t think they can do a better job than Bob, but are equally (for the most part) eager to get Daginais out of the line-up.  

From here in the UAE, Habsword, The Gazette and CJAD allow me to feed my Habs addiction.

Regards

Paul MacLeod

Lecturer, The Petroleum Institute

Abu Dhabi, UAE

I remember it being a bit bigger than that. Anywho, nice going.

hope the one who wrote to the gazette will come in this thread and reveal his identity hehe *clap! clap! clap!*

i remember that habsworld was mentionned in *le métro* newspaper at the beginning of the season (after 1-2 weeks of activities) it was an article about how hockey (and the HABS) r popular on the net (about site traffic) and habsworld was sumthing like 2nd or 3rd~ i was happy to be part of the site hehe ^^

Originally posted by Fanpuck33
Originally posted by bebehabs

hope the one who wrote to the gazette will come in this thread and reveal his identity hehe *clap! clap! clap!*

lol, read the first page of this thread.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH SHAME ON ME!!!

GO PMAC GO!!! :D:ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by Mont Royale

Good job spreading the word.

So, PMAC = Paul MacLeod. You're so clever!

@PMAC:

Do you have any relatives in Montreal? I had a science teacher named (David?) McLeod (pronounced McCloud) and it's a pretty rare name. Old Irish I believe, or Gaelic.

Thanks for the applause guys.:) I was just doing my little bit to support a great site. I mean those other guys got a whole article; I thought we deserved equal time.

Bulis, I dont have any relatives in MTL that I know, but my paternal grandmother was French Canadian so it's certainly possible. MacLeod is a Gaelic name, both Irish and Scottish, with variable spellings although the Irish tend to drop the "a".