Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

No man, ordinary board games. RISK rules.

Played it twice tonight. About 6 hours of gaming. One friend won twice, and i'm to tired. The game is an addiction!

I didn't know sombody was as crazy as I was about RISK..it's the best game ever

Risk is awesome!

We should try to get a game together. I did some searching for some free online games, and I found a few that sound promising. I haven't tried them out yet, so feel free to test around and see which one is best.

http://www.finalconquest.com/index.html

http://landgrab.net/landgrab/LoginServlet

http://www.conquerclub.com/

http://denizengames.com/grandstrategy/

Ouch, I hate when that kind of stuff happens. I got an elbow into my face while playing floor hockey and it messed my lip up a bit too, but likely not as bad.

Yeah, I've had them for 3 years, but it might take another year or 2 before they are off. I had this krazy surgery to remove 3 impacted teeth from my pallet (roof of my mouth). Basically, if you or anyone is not familiar with what I mean, I had 3 adult teeth trapped way up in my mouth (actually, I had my 2 eye-teeth stuck in the top of my mouth, while a 3rd tooth was down in the bottom). . .

Ah, braces. Had them for 9 months in 6th grade. During this time I also had a pallet expander that made me sound like an idiot and hurt like a bitch every time it got cranked before bed. Then 2 years of retainers.

In 8th grade, they put the braces back on and they stayed there until my freshman year in college. During this time, I had two oral surgeries. The first involved removing a tooth fused to the bone (similar to Maca, I guess), a bone biopsy to see why it had been stuck, and cutting the gum off of a 14 year molar that came in diagonally, like a wisdom tooth would. Ironically, in that corner of my mouth I was born without a wisdom tooth, so the molar decided it would be like one instead. Next time I had two wisdom teeth removed, one on each side, so I couldn't chew for a week.

Also during this time, my mouth grew such that on the left side, my top and bottom teeth are a few centimeters apart. Trying to correct this, they made me wear some sort of retainer cage to keep my tongue from going between my teeth, along with tight rubber bands. All of this was worthless, as the gap is still there. They want me to have more surgery, involving the breaking of my jaw so they can reset it and wire it shut for 2 months.

And of course my orthodontist was Satan, as each an every adjustment I ever had hurt so badly that I could not eat solid food for up to a week afterwards. All my friends had painless adjustments, just to rub it in. Having to take a thermos of spaghettios to school to eat wasn't exactly my proudest moments.

After getting the braces off in college, I wore the retainers as proscribed for 2 years. Now, my teeth are moving again and are no longer close to being straight in some areas.

No man, ordinary board games. RISK rules.

Played it twice tonight. About 6 hours of gaming. One friend won twice, and i'm to tired. The game is an addiction!

ah Risk....the game you lose friends with.

"You're attacking me? YOU ######! I HELPED YOU TAKE YAKUTSK!"

ah Risk....the game you lose friends with.

"You're attacking me? YOU ######! I HELPED YOU TAKE YAKUTSK!"

Gotta love the people who take it a little too seriously.

My friend wouldn't talk to me for a couple hours after I broke our alliance and took Helm's Deep from him. :lol:

And I have the LOTR version of Risk. It friggin owns. =D

The LOTR version of Risk impressed me pretty much. I really like Risk and was skeptic to try the LOTR version, but it was really fun.

I was playing Risk often with friends until we found out about Settlers of Catan... oh boy that is THE game !! It's a german strategic board game, really fun, maybe more strategy and less random than Risk... and very addictive!! There are way more interaction between players, more competition, and the games are shorter. Only down side, really expensive (around 80$). But hours of pleasure!

In 8th grade, they put the braces back on and they stayed there until my freshman year in college. During this time, I had two oral surgeries. The first involved removing a tooth fused to the bone (similar to Maca,

the gap is still there. They want me to have more surgery, involving the breaking of my jaw so they can reset it and wire it shut for 2 months.

And of course my orthodontist was Satan, as each an every adjustment I ever had hurt so badly that I could not eat solid food for up to a week afterwards. All my friends had painless adjustments, just to rub it in. Having to take a thermos of spaghettios to school to eat wasn't exactly my proudest moments.

Yeah sounds the same as mine, but I'm not sure about the "fused to the bone part". They didn't actually have to separate them from the bone, they just happened to be horizontal instead of vertical up in my pallet. I've actually come to figure out why all my teeth are messed up.

When I was about 4 years old, I walked into a dep (a corner store), and they had this wet floor sign, but you know, being four-yrs-old, It was just a cool yellow thing to me. Anyway, so of course I went onto the wet floor and slipped onto my face. (You know the expression, fell like a tree?, yeah... pretty much like that.) Broke a bunch of my front teeth and well, I kind of figure the impact caused my "baby" teeth to stay put and cause the new adult teeth coming in to get misplaced in my pallet. It explains why I was always sick during elementary as well, with a ton of nasal infections and such.

Dude! Thermos of Spahgettios and such were great! I had to do that a ton of times too, lived off it for 2 weeks once. Though, I can't eat it now, totally disgusts me because I had way too much during that time.

As for the breaking jaw bit, ahhh! At first they thought there were going to have to do that to me, but thank god they found an alternative. Good luck with that mahn!

[bTW, risk rules!]

Hahaha yeah Risk is an Risk for your friendship. The first time we played it this year one friend lost it :P. We remind him now everytime, he got the new risk. I think it looks prettier, but it's not as nice as the old one. It has some other rules. (F.A. you can win all of a sudden 60 armies, well that turns everything around.And the game can be very long that way when you keep getting a lot of units)

So we play the new risk with the old duties, but another friend has also the old board. I love it, we do it now every friday. Rolling some dices, drinking some beer. And have great fun.

Another friend told me about Axis and Allies, he told it was freaking awesome. Bigger game, even more strategie. I like such games. Normally im not such a board gamer. Just these kind of things are good!

It would be great to play with you guys online, lets see if its possible!

Yeah but the SNES isn't getting any new games, now is it?

And I have the LOTR version of Risk. It friggin owns. =D

So what? Those already avaible are awesome :D

And I like Risk too, altough my friends dont take it seriously enough :D It takes forever to complete a game because they're busy chatting about anything but the game, doing stuff on their cellphones , go to the convenience store to buy more beer , etc

So what? Those already avaible are awesome :D

And I like Risk too, altough my friends dont take it seriously enough :DIt takes forever to complete a game because they're busy chatting about anything but the game, doing stuff on their cellphones , go to the convenience store to buy more beer , etc

It takes forever anyway!

Any game that means having to think an awful lot... forget it! :o:o:o

Not interested.

For me, a game is just that. A time to enjoy without a whole lot of brain strain. :)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Any game that means having to think an awful lot... forget it! :o:o:o

Not interested.

For me, a game is just that. A time to enjoy without a whole lot of brain strain. :)

you should try yahtzee, you'd love it :lol:

I do play it. I have a computer version called SHANGHAI. Lots of fun. :):D:lol:

Edited by shortcat1

I hate that stupid game so much, it gives me a headache. When my parents were still together, they'd play it all the time. For half an hour, I'd hear

SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE

ROLL

SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE

ROLL

It drove me insane. For board games, I prefer stuff like Risk, Cranium, Trivial Pursuit, Chess. Much more fun.