Jump to content

Toughest Place To Be Habs Fan In


blaze53
 Share

Recommended Posts

lol I live in Montreal so I guess it's really easy to be a Habs fan loll. Except if you're a Boston fan like one of my relatives (don't worry I take care of him everytime I see him). Once while visiting Toronto to my horror I slept over by my cousin's house and I had to sleep in a bed full of Maple Leafs sheets and to make it worse i had a Maple Leafs blanket to keep me warm... I can say it was the worst day of my life!!

>>Where's the Toughest place to be a Habs fan?

Take it easy all you Habs fans out there!!!

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/12/14 by blaze53]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Copied this thread from the canadiens.com forum :D

Ah well it's a good thread. I believe it must be Ontario, or a nation like Holland/UAE/Belgium with no Hockey history or a great hockey culture. Like holland we don't have any hockey on tv. Have to follow everything on the internet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try wearing my goalie gear when I am in nets living here in Toronto... sheesh... Being born and raised from Lachine, QC, my HABS are the team I follow... PERIOD!

Love seeing them giving me a hard time wearing it which makes it even sweeter when I stone'em!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by riker

Try wearing my goalie gear when I am in nets living here in Toronto... sheesh... Being born and raised from Lachine, QC, my HABS are the team I follow... PERIOD!

Love seeing them giving me a hard time wearing it which makes it even sweeter when I stone'em!

Lachine eh! Guess you know LaSalle then eh? Hehe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by blaze53

lol I live in Montreal so I guess it's really easy to be a Habs fan loll. Except if you're a Boston fan like one of my relatives (don't worry I take care of him everytime I see him). Once while visiting Toronto to my horror I slept over by my cousin's house and I had to sleep in a bed full of Maple Leafs sheets and to make it worse i had a Maple Leafs blanket to keep me warm... I can say it was the worst day of my life!!

>>Where's the Toughest place to be a Habs fan?

Take it easy all you Habs fans out there!!!

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/12/14 by blaze53]

Were those sheets and other bedding there for a purpose... I wonder....?

Think so, I do. Yes, I do. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone!

Down here in sunny Orlando Florida.

We're lucky if we get a line or a boxscore not to mention the really rare mention on the evening news. Thankfully theres the internet and Center Ice. However in order to see the Habs you've got to suffer some really bad announcers (Buffalo's got the worst) and yes I've watched HIC (especially the Toronto games)

I have met a number of Habs fans down here though so it's getting better!

:hlogo:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with DHF, its more difficult when you're in a country where there is little or no coverage. Nobody here(except other expats) cares about hockey. That said, I got to see some of MTL PHO last night, but due to the excretable Fox sports getting the schedule wrong i missed the first period.(I know the best part) It really pisses me off because everytime they promise to show s.t. i want to see (CFL playoffs, MTL) the tv listings are wrong:nono:

BTW, unless HNIC has declined way beyond their customary lows, they are still a hell of a lot better than those American commentators like Darren Pang.

Thank God for Habs WORLD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only bad thing living near TO and being a habs fan is the TMLSE media. The fans are beyond annoying, but you already knew that. However, the media is UNBELIEVABLE. Listen to Leafs Lunch on Mojo640 sometime. It'll make you shake your head. You'd think they were talkin about the Sens, I swear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should have heard the Phoneix? announcers on the Fox broadcast trying to cheer for the Coyotes while their team was getting beaten all over the ice:puke:

But, for the first time in 2 years I saw the Habs play:clap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Macaskill
Originally posted by riker

Try wearing my goalie gear when I am in nets living here in Toronto... sheesh... Being born and raised from Lachine, QC, my HABS are the team I follow... PERIOD!

Love seeing them giving me a hard time wearing it which makes it even sweeter when I stone'em!

Lachine eh! Guess you know LaSalle then eh? Hehe.

Know LaSalle like the back of my hand... Lived there for a few years back in the day!

:/) :can: :ghg: :que:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by PMAC

You should have heard the Phoneix? announcers on the Fox broadcast trying to cheer for the Coyotes while their team was getting beaten all over the ice:puke:

But, for the first time in 2 years I saw the Habs play:clap:

WOW JUST WOW

I can't believe you have not seen them for two years that must be tough.

I can’t remember the last time I did not watch a Habs game or at least a tape delayed version.

Sorry buddy I know you can get some games on sympatico.ca somewhere you might want to check that out.

:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Copied this thread from the canadiens.com forum :D

Ah well it's a good thread. I believe it must be Ontario, or a nation like Holland/UAE/Belgium with no Hockey history or a great hockey culture. Like holland we don't have any hockey on tv. Have to follow everything on the internet!

Yep, like Dutchie said it's pretty bad over here.

Isn't NASN available in Holland? Wij hebben hier zo'n 175 NHL wedstrijden/seizoen. Daarenboven krijgen we af en toe wat engels-, duits- of NCAA hockey te zien. Je dient wel maandelijks een twintigtal euros op te leggen maar het loont zeker de moeite.

http://www.nasn.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Living in Greece and trying to follow the Habs is a nightmare. I only have access to whatever is on the web, meaning, CJAD, Habsworld, Gazette, TSN (ughh), RDS, and the U.S. sites like ESPN and CNNSI. I get to see most of my highlights from NHL.com and TSN.

Actually watching a Habs game is nearly impossible. I've convinced an English friend who has access to a mailing address in the U.K. and thus access to SKY Digital, to get NASN. He got it last week, but they haven't shown any Habs games since the Montreal-Toronto debacle on Nov. 27th. (what a travesty!!). Although they have HNIC live doubleheader, they always show us those two old farts, Cole and Neale.

I swear, if the Habs make the Finals I'll fly to Montreal just to watch..

Maybe we should petition RDS to turn to Satellite?

Would u guys be interested?

:ghg:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by YeOldeAxe

Hello Everyone!

Down here in sunny Orlando Florida.

We're lucky if we get a line or a boxscore not to mention the really rare mention on the evening news. Thankfully theres the internet and Center Ice. However in order to see the Habs you've got to suffer some really bad announcers (Buffalo's got the worst) and yes I've watched HIC (especially the Toronto games)

I have met a number of Habs fans down here though so it's getting better!

:hlogo:

I'm trying to be sympathetic, but it's not working... as I scrape the car, shovel the snow, and imagine how tough it would be in Florida because of the lack of Habs coverage!

:lol:

But welcome aboard, anyway!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mathieug

Yep, like Dutchie said it's pretty bad over here.

Isn't NASN available in Holland? Wij hebben hier zo'n 175 NHL wedstrijden/seizoen. Daarenboven krijgen we af en toe wat engels-, duits- of NCAA hockey te zien. Je dient wel maandelijks een twintigtal euros op te leggen maar het loont zeker de moeite.

http://www.nasn.com/

Ja we hebben hier wel NASN,maar helaas niet de kabelprovider die wij hebben. Heb ze al gemaild dat er veel vraag naar is, maar ze gaan het onderzoeken. 2 Andere providers hebben het in hun Pluspakket. Laatst was ik bij vrienden in Utrecht en die hadden het wel, bijna de hele nacht naar gekeken, naar bed gaan was zonde!! :D

Dus het is afwachten, verder is het inderdaad nergens op!

The last game i saw was the Win over Boston in the playoffs. The game after Zednik was really hurt. That's when i was in NY, could see it on my hotelroom. I had a LOOOONG day because of the time difference, but i had to stay up to see the end of it! It was Great!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Living overseas isn't that bad by comparison to living in Toronto. I lived in both and while you will get homesick and miss hockey night in Canada overseas, you eventually get use to it. By sticking to internet forums you can stay up to date and avoid the bad news when you want. I'll admit though that for the first two months in Japan I missed even Don Cherry's stupidity a little bit.

Now take this and put it next to living in Toronto where everything in the city lives on the the Maple Leafs. Where people are so utterly convinced that Toronto is Canada's team that you wonder if they can even name the other Canadian teams. Where the Habs can only make news through embarrassment or humiliation suffered. Nothing that they do well is ever shown to the point that you begin to think they have camera specialists better than David Copperfield the magician capable of creating false illusions on plays that the Habs did well turning them bad somehow. It's enough to make you lose your mind. And you can't get away, it's there staring you in the face begging to buy a sawed shotgun and go on a killing spree through CBC headquarters. Spend enough time in Toronto and you'll learn to hate hockey and dream to be on a rock overseas far away from any hockey rink

Burn Maple Leafs Burn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LS and Lister know.

I disagree with Lister about 'hating hockey' but the vile bilge propagated at the CotU does enhance one's hate for the leaf but not necessarily the game.

The leaf media criminals are what make it sick to be a Habs fan in Ontario, more specifically the CotU region. I am from Cambridge, went to school in Hamilton and believe me the elf (as dumb as they are) make being a true and knowlegeable hockey/Habs fan both fun and furious.

I now live in Gatineau, minutes from Ottawa and the respect the Habs get in the Ottawa area is appreciated. Unlike the deadweight down the 401, Sens fans are respectful of the Canadiens, understand the intricacies of the game and have the luxury of witnessing great hockey with this years Senators.

Unfortunately the Sens fans has been slapped silly by leaf noise and told to kiss the *** of the leaf media. If they win this year it'll be sweet justice and a rejoicing cheer heard nationwide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...