2023-24 Laval Rocket discussion thread

tomh009

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Dormamu, is that you? 😁

Yup ... and just because he is evil doesn't mean he isn't sometimes right.

• Upvote 1

image.jpeg

Yes, Laval can finish ahead of Belleville with two regulation wins next week.  However, that alone doesn't clinch them as I think Utica can still catch Laval.

Let’s hope it is not too late.

Those two games are looking to be really fun to watch 

Go Rocket, Go!

Rocket Weekly: The Pressure’s On Now – HabsWorld.net

– With Florian Xhekaj joining the team on a tryout deal, forward Jakov Novak was returned to ECHL Trois-Rivieres just a day after being recalled.  Chris Jandric was also sent down for the Lions’ playoff run.

– Luke Tuch signed a one-way deal with the Rocket, meaning he’ll be eligible to play down the stretch and in the playoffs if Laval qualifies.

45 minutes ago, DON said:

Rocket Weekly: The Pressure’s On Now – HabsWorld.net

– With Florian Xhekaj joining the team on a tryout deal, forward Jakov Novak was returned to ECHL Trois-Rivieres just a day after being recalled.  Chris Jandric was also sent down for the Lions’ playoff run.

– Luke Tuch signed a one-way deal with the Rocket, meaning he’ll be eligible to play down the stretch and in the playoffs if Laval qualifies.

The Rockets website currently shows 17 forwards, but Tuch is not yet listed ... not certain who is out due to injury, if anyone, so it will be interesting to see whether they lean on the two recent signings in their effort to make the playoffs ... I expect and hope they will.

Stephens has been out on IR but seems to be pushing for a comeback 

Perreault is out, Jankov was demoted to 3Riv, Gignac has been out recently,  I have not checked the website, but the Habs show have a strong AHL lineup with Roy back 

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

Stephens has been out on IR but seems to be pushing for a comeback 

Perreault is out, Jankov was demoted to 3Riv, Gignac has been out recently,  I have not checked the website, but the Habs show have a strong AHL lineup with Roy back 

Jankov not on the listed 17 (18 with Tuch) ... If Stephens, Perreault and Gignac are "out" there are still 15 potential forwards ... and I expect Gignac (leading scorer) and Stephens would likely dress, if at all possible, before the youngsters.

Gignac tried skating before last weekend’s games and could not come back. A lower-body (Knee?) injury

Stephens is expected to come back for the games 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

The Rockets website currently shows 17 forwards, but Tuch is not yet listed ... not certain who is out due to injury, if anyone, so it will be interesting to see whether they lean on the two recent signings in their effort to make the playoffs ... I expect and hope they will.

Here's the official Laval roster and he's on that one: https://theahl.com/stats/roster/415/81?league=4

too bad Simoneau is out for the season and Gignac is not clear to play yet. I hope that if Gignac plays, he is fully recovered. Without his speed, he is not the same player.

a bad goal by Sogaard gave the Rocket a one goal lead, the revamped defense helped them survive a series of penalties.

Game is not too physical, but the Rocket has definitely a bigger team than usual with young Xhekaj and Tuch in the lineup.

Dobes has been good when needed. The Rocket is loosing most faceoffs, let's see if in the 2nd that makes a differnece, with the benches further away for changes

image.png

a "big men"'s goal by Anderson, with Tuch and Cederqvist creating havoc in the o-zone. 2-0 Laval

Bongiovani gets one goal back, on a broken play by Laval when entering the offensive zone. The Sen's player was hiding behind the D waiting for the pass

2-1

so far with 7:48 to go in the 2nd, the faceoffs have not been an issue. But Barron just made two errors on a clearing shot by the Sens: he was beaten to the pick and then took a tripping penalty.

Let's see what happens

PK kept it 2-1. Then shortly after, Betts slid into Dobes. Physical play is starting to pick up

a bit less than 3 min left in the 2nd. Laval still leading.

The Laval french play-by-play keeps praising Tuch's game, sahys he is playing like if he had been with the Rocket all season. It is true he does not look out of of place. He uses his size very well and is quick on his skates.

Mailloux tends to control the game when he has the puck, very confident on the ice. Reinbacher is having a strong game too. I am impressed with how well the team is playing. They do not have any elite scorers, but they do have solid prospects with a future in the NHL