Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Maple Leafs | 01/28/06

Spider-Man NL

Eddy Belfour is winless in his last seven starts, posting a 4.58 goals-against average and .843 save percentage. The eagle has allowed at least four goals in 6 straight games.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddy Belfour is winless in his last seven starts, posting a 4.58 goals-against average and .843 save percentage. The eagle has allowed at least four goals in 6 straight games.

So it's losers versus losers . . . :(

Go Habs Go!!!

Rds, says Theo is getting the start... I"m not surprised by it, he apparently had a good day at practice yesterdayand, I think Bob wants to give him an opportunity to redeem himself before having to face the home crowd. There is also the risk, b/c if he doesn't perform well tonight, YIKES when gets back to MTL.

GO HABS GO

.........unless Gainey comes to his senses and dressed Huet) is that the Leafs, unfortunately, have character and grit. And they're just as desperate as we are (or ought to be).

Huet's a big boy.............I think he can dress himself :blush:

Either way I think Huet will be dressed tonight, just not playing [i wish he was playing as well!]

My prediction 3-1 Habs.......even with Theo in net!

Here in Toronto the word is that TELLQVIST will be getting the start in place of Belfour.

I hope this thing gets decided early. I don't think I can handle another overtime loss.

Classic picture, just beautiful, thank you

The key to tonight's game IMO is to forecheck the depleted Leafs Defense like we did against Philly, and like Buffalo did against the Leafs.........creating turnovers which will lead to scoring opportunities, and hopefully ....goals. We owe these MF's for the last couple head-to-heads when they brought there own refs to the game....I actually wouldn't mind having Kerry Fraser tonight as he is the ultimate road-team ref (I can't believe I just said I wanted Fraser)....in any event, if we win tonight, I gotta feeling that Quinn would have coached his last Leaf's game. GHG!!!

Quinn will not be fired any time soon. MLSE just fired Babcock the Raptors GM. That took the attention away from their other team for a while, and I don' think they can afford the optics of giving up on both teams at the same time.

Regardless of winning or losing tonight, the 05-06 Habs have lost my respect. That is, until they can put together a 4 game win streak.

Typical Bandwagoner Comment

Or fair weather fan

Whatever you want to call it

Edited by brboo

As much as Ribs has struggled and took much of the blame when Koivu and Kovalev were hurt, I think it is worth noting that we have gone from Bad... to worse since he was moved to the fourth line.

I think it is time to put him back on the 2nd line and try to get him going again. He does provide offense (he is still in the top 4 on the team in points) and his line always gets shots, even when they suck..

I would put him back and tell the defense and Theo that they have to cover for any defensive lapse. They simplely have to generate more offense.

so far, so slow

As much as Ribs has struggled and took much of the blame when Koivu and Kovalev were hurt, I think it is worth noting that we have gone from Bad... to worse since he was moved to the fourth line.

I think it is time to put him back on the 2nd line and try to get him going again. He does provide offense (he is still in the top 4 on the team in points) and his line always gets shots, even when they suck..

I would put him back and tell the defense and Theo that they have to cover for any defensive lapse. They simplely have to generate more offense.

No way!!! That means that Plekanec is moved to another line and I want him as our 2nd center because that's where he will be next year...no way Ribs is back next year. Bob will drop him for anything this summer if not before.

Ribs is nothing more then a heartless bum who deserves to be sitting in the stands!!! As long as we him as our 2nd line center this team will have no 2nd line...

Ribs as a poor quality shot, he's weak and easy to push off the puck, doesn't play with toughness, can't win a faceoff, is lousy defensively...need I say more...this guy is not part of this teams future, so lets stop wasting time and giving him a zillionth chance that he doesn't deserve.