Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Maple Leafs | 01/28/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got here so I don't know if anyone has commented on this but I had to say something. With about 3 and a half minutes to go in the first after a TV timeout there was a faceoff in the Leaf's end and CBC showed a closeup. The leaf centre, Wilm, reaches across the faceoff dot 3 times in a row while the lineman is trying to drop the puck. Then our centreman, Plex, reaches across once and the linesman immediately throws him out of the faceoff.

Then right off the faceoff the leaf forward, Kilger, clearly ices the puck from a few feet inside the leaf's blueline. All 10 skaters are inside the leaf's zone and the puck crosses the end red line before anyone on either team can reach the Canadien's blueline. Boullion skates back, slows to a stop and touches the puck. The linesmen wave off the icing (at the last instant?) and Boullion gets checked into the boards by Domi still unaware the icing has been waved off.

I can't understand what the hell these linessmen are doing.

As you can probably tell I have watched the replay of this sequence about 10 times in slow motion.

Funny how that was the fastest I have seen Koivu skate in weeks, Kovalev kept up as well, and they score....

Speed kills, use it!

I know, I was thinking that during their second powerplay in the first period. They were entering the laffs zone so slowly...

a between the legs shootout game winner?

Well that would be nice, but I hope the Habs win in regulation. Can't give the laffs any more points than they deserve. But I was thinking more along the lines of seeing his fists coated with Tucker's blood. :D

Well that would be nice, but I hope the Habs win in regulation. Can't give the laffs any more points than they deserve. But I was thinking more along the lines of seeing his fists coated with Tucker's blood. :D

Tucker is to much of a lightweight

more likely to see downey fight him i think