HWL GM Recruitment

bombTHEice

Possible opening in Calgary if anyone still wants into the ever exclusive HWL. :D

Would love to see a HW member get in before we looked at outside sources.

Where did you hear about a possible opening in Calgary? There hasn't been any discussion at all about ousting Stephen from the league.

Also, there is no need for further advertisement, we already have a waiting list that will keep our openings filled for quite a while.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen just left the league because of the draft situation. Calgary is open it looks.....

Where did you hear about a possible opening in Calgary? There hasn't been any discussion at all about ousting Stephen from the league.

Also, there is no need for further advertisement, we already have a waiting list that will keep our openings filled for quite a while.

What Minny said. Calgary quit.

I also just sent an application. This is officially my first post, so call me new if you'd like, but I've been following this board since about christmas last year. I tried to join a few months ago but it didn't work, though I mostly enjoy reading what people have to say.

I saw this thread about GMs needed and I'd LOVE to get back into a sim league. I was in one last year with people I knew and it lasted a whole season and it was a great time. I think I'm a good fit for the job as I'm a student living in residence alone without a job. FYI, I go to the University of Waterloo and I'm in engineering.

I'm just hoping I will be considered for a GM spot and if not, then hopefully placed on the waiting list.

Now that I've signed up, I'm pumped to post. :D Just have to find a picture...

Trizzak!!

He's gotta join sooner or later.

I'm on the waiting list - 3rd if I remember correctly.

I've done a season on my own with EHM with Montreal, and even got to the second round of the playoffs before losing to (who else?) Carolina. :angry:

Just let it be known I am readily available to join the league.

I'm on the waiting list - 3rd if I remember correctly.

I've done a season on my own with EHM with Montreal, and even got to the second round of the playoffs before losing to (who else?) Carolina. :angry:

Just let it be known I am readily available to join the league.

GET TRIZZAK IN THE BLOODY LEAGUE!

:D :D :D

GET TRIZZAK IN THE BLOODY LEAGUE!

:D :D :D

One day it will happen Jets...and then every game played between our respective teams will be epic. Poems will be written about our incredible simulated matches!!! Our names will be stated along with the greats: Trizzak vs Sniper! David vs Goliath! Kovalev vs Tucker!

LOL I signed up. Did I say that already, oops I think I did.

Don't let Pierre into the league! He's a sly one. You'll be setting up your lines, then he'll ask you what your feelings are about the political climate between the US and Canada and then BAM! ... you've been so distracted you've placed your goon on the powerplay.

The man is cunning.

One day it will happen Jets...and then every game played between our respective teams will be epic. Poems will be written about our incredible simulated matches!!! Our names will be stated along with the greats: Trizzak vs Sniper! David vs Goliath! Kovalev vs Tucker!

Well, you'd be Calgary so we'd be division rivals. The possibilites are ENDLESS!

I'm rebuilding though so I have no talent to speak of right now. :P

Don't let Pierre into the league! He's a sly one. You'll be setting up your lines, then he'll ask you what your feelings are about the political climate between the US and Canada and then BAM! ... you've been so distracted you've placed your goon on the powerplay.

The man is cunning.

This is why we need Trizzak! He can be our Maca replacement!

I should go on the waiting list. I mean, by the time I'd get a team, I'll probably have enough time to run it well. lol.

From what I can tell though, the league is jammed pack folks! :)

GO Brett!

I don't think Fanpuck realized Calgary quit last night.

Probably just left it to stop people from signing up, I think all I did was make our waiting list even longer. :unsure:

We're still not sure if he is really quitting. He seemed to have a much clearer head today, and apologized for what he said last night, and in the past. As far as I know, he's sticking around.

We're still not sure if he is really quitting. He seemed to have a much clearer head today, and apologized for what he said last night, and in the past. As far as I know, he's sticking around.

He apologized but ended it with good luck in the future. I think he still wants to quit.

Guess we just have to wait for a response from him.

no I was thinking more of a expansion of HWL as in bring back old teams like Hartford and Quebec in the east and the Winnipeg Jets in the west and add the Las Vegas Gamblers or something since thats the next place the NHL is going.

I'm not sure if it's possible to add more teams to the game. I know you can change names and whatnot, but I'm pretty sure adding teams is a no-go. Besides, it would really dilute the talent in the league...and I don't want to lose any of my star players... :unsure:

So what happens when the NHL expands again? Or when the Pens move?

Changing names is easy, we all just did that with our farm teams. Starting a new franchise however would require someone to overhaul the programming of the game and I'm not even sure if that would be possible. A more likely, yet still not surefire, solution is that another EHM version would be made available by whoever produced the original game.