Théodore For Belfour?

shortcat1

This morning, while talking to the father on one of our students, he asked me about José Théodore and his injury. I explained as much as I understood. But, here's the gyst of this topic...

He suggested:

1) Théodore needs a change of scenery (a new team).

2) Why don't Toronto & Montreal change #1 goalies (Théodore for Belfour).

I had no firm comment for him but, for my mind, I say that this is a sure and solid NO-GO!.

No-go for some of the following reasons.

1) a bit more of a salary load ($60,000) may not be much but it remains more.

2) trading a player who's in the final year(s) of his career at 40 for a player who's 29 and, for a goalie, potentially still has the best years ahead in his career.

3) A trade of this kind wouldn't help the Canadiens at all or, at best, it would be only good for this year. Will Belfour play next year? Does he have a contract for next year? Would you want a 41 year-old as your # 1 goalie next year? Again and always, for me....NO! :puke:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I think this thread should be combined with the "are you suffering from withdrawals thread"

PHEW!!!!!!!

I nearly lost it, when I saw the title..................

No...............No................No!!!!!

Never...........

That would definitly go down as the dumbest trade in the history of the Montreal Canadiens.

This morning, while talking to the father on one of our students, he asked me about José Théodore and his injury. I explained as much as I understood. But, here's the gyst of this topic...

He suggested:

I had no firm comment for him but, for my mind, I say that this is a sure and solid NO-GO!.

2) trading a player who's in the final year(s) of his career at 40 for a player who's 29 and, for a goalie, potentially still has the best years ahead in his career.

3) A trade of this kind wouldn't help the Canadiens at all or, at best, it would be only good for this year. Will Belfour play next year? Does he have a contract for next year? Would you want a 41 year-old as your # 1 goalie next year? Again and always, for me....NO! :puke:

And the fourth and final reason, Belfour isn't having a very good year by his own standards either. His numbers are almost the same as Theo's. That's not making your team any better, and as you said, he's too old to be taking a flyer on down the road.

He suggested:

this freind of yours needs help possibly an intervention. Drugs are bad. And this would be the worst drug deal I have ever seen. I would rather trade Theo to the swiss team for a bunch cute girls.

I would do it in a second!

Belfour is done after this season and Theo will be struggling, hopping and combing his long beautiful hair for atleast two more seasons.

Come on Bobsled

If by some chance Theo was to regain his form due to a change of scenery....the last place I, you, anyone who considers themselves a habs fan would want it to be is the leafs.

We can at least control that part of this whole situation.........I would have to stop watching hockey untill Theo retires.........

Besides, we will get rid of Theo in the summer, or maby Gainey really wants to see what he brings next year.......Either way, I really don't see how Belfour would help our situation......not by giving them Theo anyway......

Yeah I'd do that. If Belfour was definitely retiring after this season I'd trade an injured and underperforming Theo for Belfour just to clear salary for the UFA market this year.

Trizzak, think about it. If you want to clear salary and Jose doesn't seem out of his funk by next training camp or shortly after he can be waived and none of salary, even for the Bulldogs, will count against the cap. GG might not be most pleased, but that sure beats your former star goaltender having a renaissance with your most hated rival. Imagine if Theo actualy recovered his form and won a SC for the Leafs. :puke:

As I recall, the last MTL-TOR trade was Kordic for Courtnall. S. Savard did this deal because it was almost impossible for him to lose. Trading Theo to any division rival is too risky.

GASP!!!!

Any trading directly with the laughs is GASPING! enough !!! ... I hope they spare you from more of these ideas For your sake!

We have always got the upper hand in trades with these guys, but the Q shouldn't be about Theo, I am wondering what they will give us for Ivanas, I was thinking Stajen. I know, dream on but we got Courtnal for Kordic and I don't think the current Toronto front office is any smarter. :lol: