Game Thread | Rangers Vs. Montreal | 03/11/06

Spider-Man NL

HAPPY, HAPPY so friggin HAPPY

Huet? WOW!!!!!!

Begin? WOW!!!!!!!!!

WHAT up with Markov?

that scares me a little, because our last slump started when he got hurt. Although, different team now, with a different a-tit-ude( i just wanted to put tit in their...heheheheheh :lol:

o-ya.................and different goalie

GO habs Go!!!!!!

Hopefully there won't be a slump. But I would rather see him hurt now then last week left in the season.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Koivu has looked like crap for the last 3 games.

Come on saks!

He looks like he's trying hard......I just think since the olympics teams are centering him out and he's getting played hard.

It's good because it's giving others room. Higgins?

Jagr didn't suck tonight...our guys were all over him...it's tough

Koivu will find a way......Koivu will find a way............Koivu will find a way

Just keep telling yourself that when you want to bash him, I can't take another Koivu bashing thread ...he doesn't dserve it.

KOMI was so good tonight.........

Love his new a-tit-ude

I wish he got one of the stars tonight.

He's turning out to be like wranglers(the jeans)

one tough customer!!!!!

I like it....

He looks like he's trying hard......I just think since the olympics teams are centering him out and he's getting played hard.

It's good because it's giving others room. Higgins?

Jagr didn't suck tonight...our guys were all over him...it's tough

Koivu will find a way......Koivu will find a way............Koivu will find a way

Just keep telling yourself that when you want to bash him, I can't take another Koivu bashing thread ...he doesn't dserve it.

KOMI was so good tonight.........

Love his new a-tit-ude

I wish he got one of the stars tonight.

He's turning out to be like wranglers(the jeans)

one tough customer!!!!!

I like it....

Koivu is my favorite player of all time.

I am not bashing him, I just think he has been weak lately. If I can bash Ribs and Theo for shitty play (yes I hate them both) then I can point out when saks is not in form.

I know he is trying.

Saks forever :king:

Great 'effing game! Huet saved the crap out of them in the 3rd, but solid effort ALL AROUND!

IMO, Saku played his heart out... just didn't have the puck bounce his way... Just wait.. he'll light it up soon enough...

And what's with Souray? I think he watched all the highlight reel moves that were put on him, and has started using them against other teams! Attaboy!

I have nothing but good things to say about Bonk, Begin, Sunny, Pleks and Huet...

SO HAPPY!

I hope Markov's ok...

:hlogo:

WHAT up with Markov?

that scares me a little, because our last slump started when he got hurt. Although, different team now, with a different a-tit-ude( i just wanted to put tit in their...heheheheheh :lol:

Jarvis told Gainey on the bench that it was a lower back injury. RDS had Gainey miked. Looks like Simpson could see his first action on Tuesday when the Lightning come to town.

Jarvis told Gainey on the bench that it was a lower back injury. RDS had Gainey miked. Looks like Simpson could see his first action on Tuesday when the Lightning come to town.

Or maybe Streit. We could see the Swiss Connection! :D

GREAT GAME! It would've been really nice to score on that 5-3 in the late 3rd period. But whatever, we beat the Rangers!

We have a pretty damn big game on Monday against the Laughs.

GOOOO HHAAABBBSSS GOOOO!!!

GREAT GAME! It would've been really nice to score on that 5-3 in the late 3rd period. But whatever, we beat the Rangers!

We have a pretty damn big game on Monday against the Laughs.

GOOOO HHAAABBBSSS GOOOO!!!

Is that the Lightning's new nickname? Cuz I think it's taken! :P

Looks like Aebischer will have to wait a lil' longer to get some playing time, because it would be foolish to sit a goalie with a shutout streak going. Huet just keeps on impressing me game after game...he's rock solid.

As for Koivu...pretty much useless out there yet again. He doesn't deserve to be bashed? Are you kidding me? He's the captain and is making $$$$...everyone has a scoring slump from tiem to time, but he's not only ineffective offensively as of late...he keeps taking bonehead penalties in the offensive zone. As long as he's doing that, he RICHLY deserves to be bashed.

Looks like Aebischer will have to wait a lil' longer to get some playing time, because it would be foolish to sit a goalie with a shutout streak going. Huet just keeps on impressing me game after game...he's rock solid.

As for Koivu...pretty much useless out there yet again. He doesn't deserve to be bashed? Are you kidding me? He's the captain and is making $$$$...everyone has a scoring slump from tiem to time, but he's not only ineffective offensively as of late...he keeps taking bonehead penalties in the offensive zone. As long as he's doing that, he RICHLY deserves to be bashed.

you suck!!!!! Let me guess, if Huet doesn't get a shut-out next game, I bet your the guy that'll start a "What's wrong with HUET?" thread.

with comments like........" If huet wants to be number one and be making the $$$$ next season he better get his sh#$t together, because I'm sure Abby is just waiting to take his place....."

C'mon give it a rest..........Enjoy them playing as a team for once........................it's been along time.

Go Habs Go

Go SAKU Go

you suck!!!!! Let me guess, if Huet doesn't get a shut-out next game, I bet your the guy that'll start a "What's wrong with HUET?" thread.

with comments like........" If huet wants to be number one and be making the $$$$ next season he better get his sh#$t together, because I'm sure Abby is just waiting to take his place....."

C'mon give it a rest..........Enjoy them playing as a team for once........................it's been along time.

Go Habs Go

Go SAKU Go

I agree, cut him some slack. You have to realize that he's probably still not fully recovered from the Olympics. I'm sure that captaining the underdog team all the way to the gold medal game only to just barely lose to your most bitter rivals would be just a tad disappointing. Especially seeing that he was probably the scapegoat in that game, breaking his stick only to have the GWG scored while he went to the bench to get another one. That's gotta be tough. So lay off a bit, he's probably trying too hard right now. Once he relaxes up again, he'll be good to go, just in time for the playoffs.

Ummm...no, I'm not going to jump on Huet...like I said, everyone deserves to have a bad game every now and then. I just see Koivu having significantly more bad games than good, and it's not just since the Olympic break. I know what he is capable of...and he's not playing at anywhere near his potential. If he was a 4th liner, it'd be far easier to take. But he is a talented player, the team captain, and the Habs big-ticket item.

I am enjoying the Habs winning....but it's because they are winning that Koivu needs to start playing up to his level. The team is picking up the slack and covering for his lack of production lately, but we all know that this team is not going to continue winning indefinately with Koivu contributing little-to-nothing on most nights. I'm looking ahead to the playoffs...and we need Koivu on top of his game to both jump in the standings to improve our seeding, and to be poised to win in the first round.

Edited by sbhatt

Ummm...no, I'm not going to jump on Huet...like I said, everyone deserves to have a bad game every now and then. I just see Koivu having significantly more bad games than good, and it's not just since the Olympic break. I know what he is capable of...and he's not playing at anywhere near his potential. If he was a 4th liner, it'd be far easier to take. But he is a talented player, the team captain, and the Habs big-ticket item.

I am enjoying the Habs winning....but it's because they are winning that Koivu needs to start playing up to his level. The team is picking up the slack and covering for his lack of production lately, but we all know that this team is not going to continue winning indefinately with Koivu contributing little-to-nothing on most nights. I'm looking ahead to the playoffs...and we need Koivu on top of his game to both jump in the standings to improve our seeding, and to be poised to win in the first round.

Please relax, everyone....Saku will be OK once he gets a little bit of rest.

Good game and a solid win.

Rivet with the slapshot from the point that ends up the GWG. Dont tell me Boomer's ghost didnt help there.

Huet with another SO. Kept his best saves for the aweful 5-on-3 that started the 3rd. Awesome. But the whole team plays much better defensively too. You can count the Rags' serious scoring chances on one hand. True Gainey-Carbo-Jarvis hockey.

Saku simply doesnt look good at all out there. He just looks like he's lost a step and its affecting his entire game. The bad penalties are always because he can't catch up on opposing players. Cross your fingers and hope that its just fatigue, because if its age and injuries that finally caught up with him, it will never get better.

Edited by KoZed

If Koivu is indeed tired, he ought to be rested for a few days. Keep him out of the next game and the next practice or two. Because right now, he's not helping the team much anyways.