Game Thread | Bolts Vs. Habs | 03/13/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonite proves that Andrei Markov is the MVP of the team. Without him, this team will not make the playoff.

I 100% agree with you. This defence is dysfunctional without him and Our PP, wow don't even get me started. What's funny is he only plays on one unit and, both fall from the sky when he's out.

Let's all cross our fingers and hope that he's back Thursday

Well a rough game the Habs had plenty of chances to score Burke played well but the Canadiens better come out with a little more energy against Carolina. Back in 8th and having to fend off the Thrashers Leafs and Iles. I really hope the Habs can beat Carolina Aebi will get his first chance Thursday no fault to Huet thoug he played well.

Edited by JMMR

Was it just me or was every shot hitting a Tampa D-man in front of the net?

The only time we came CLOSE to putting pressure on Tampa was in the final minutes of the game when we pulled Huet for a little 4 on 4 action. We came close, and the stupid ref got in the way killing 2 seconds of the clock, that pissed me off.

Whatever, hopefully Markov can come back for Carolina and we can win!

And let me just add, for my 1,000th post over this long membership of Habsworld - is that I don't think Burke had to play amazing tonight. Was Burke deserving of the first star in my opinion? Heck NO! Well, maybe for Burke's play of late...but still not deserving of the first star. He wasn't tested for many shots, and when he was tested...well I wouldn't even call many of the shots we gave him "tests".

Hopefully we can regroup, and get our heads screwed on because we cannot afford to take another night off like we did tonight. Every game must be treated as a playoff game and there cannot be ANY room for laziness. I have faith Habs....Let's do this

damn..........

That Tampa Bay team looked like the stanley cup team that sweeped us in 04.....fast, blocking all the passes.forecheck crazy mother f#$@kers.Burke was good.

I think we finally have a team that can take them, just not tonight...and our boys know that. They are going to be stronger because of it against the Canes.

Wow imagine if Theo was still around....it would have been 6-1....wait make that 8-1...and an extremely depressed team.

Well i guess Abby starts next, not because Huet wasn't good but because he didn't get a shut-out

bad game in the system..it happens.

the guys looked very tired on the ice. I think they need some blood.. :P

count on me 8am tomorrow i'll be there.

let's hope they'll be ready for the hurricanes on thursday.

3 Key games for some scoreboard watching tommorow night, we have

THe Islanders (64 points) visitng the Devils (74 points) at 7:30

The Lightning (72) visiting the Sens (91) at 7:30 and lastly.

The bruins (60) visiting the Leafs (64) at 7:30

I'll go, Islanders, Sens Bruins. Asking for a little help never hurts

Absolutely cannot fault Huet, we can't win every game 1 -0, and he only gave up 2 goals. This team needs to start producing some offense

Sure you can blame Huet. He should have stopped the Lecavalier shot, and he should have held the puck on the St. Louis goal.

Having said that, your right, Montreal needs to score more than 1 goal a game. There offence is pathetic. ###### even Toronto scored 5 goals on Burke...this is pathetic

Sure you can blame Huet. He should have stopped the Lecavalier shot, and he should have held the puck on the St. Louis goal.

Having said that, your right, Montreal needs to score more than 1 goal a game. There offence is pathetic. ###### even Toronto scored 5 goals on Burke...this is pathetic

Could Huet've stopped that Lecavalier shot? sure he could've, but was it his fault that his team abandoned him and left him with a 2 on 1 to deal with? No. And you are right, can't say much about the St. Louis goal...I guess that was his fault, him throwing the puck away.

Although that was his fault technically, we can't shoulder the blame on Huet. He has stood on his head, and made some nice saves tonight...It was his team who gave him no help.

Could Huet've stopped that Lecavalier shot? sure he could've, but was it his fault that his team abandoned him and left him with a 2 on 1 to deal with? No. And you are right, can't say much about the St. Louis goal...I guess that was his fault, him throwing the puck away.

Although that was his fault technically, we can't shoulder the blame on Huet. He has stood on his head, and made some nice saves tonight...It was his team who gave him no help.

Hey I'm not blaming any one player, the whole team is to blame, its a team game. But Huet shouldn't be praised, he was responsible for both goals and they lost. The rest of the team is responsible for either not scoring or bad defensive play.

Koivu was unremarkable yet again out there tonight...but he certainly wasn't alone in that regard. Lots of Habs just going through the motions.

I like the continued intense play of Zednik though...looks like he's determined to keep it up.

Koivu was unremarkable yet again out there tonight...but he certainly wasn't alone in that regard. Lots of Habs just going through the motions.

I like the continued intense play of Zednik though...looks like he's determined to keep it up.

Yeah maybe its time to shakeup Koivu a bit? Does he need a night or two off to rest? Thats a bit extreme I think, kinda sends a bad message maybe. Don't need more rumours floating around.

Maybe a new line? Give Ribeiro and Plekanec a shot on the top two lines and drop Koivu with Bulis and Sundstrom, or just try anything to shake him up a little. The whole team needs to find some kind of offensive rythm

Yeah maybe its time to shakeup Koivu a bit? Does he need a night or two off to rest? Thats a bit extreme I think, kinda sends a bad message maybe. Don't need more rumours floating around.

Maybe a new line? Give Ribeiro and Plekanec a shot on the top two lines and drop Koivu with Bulis and Sundstrom, or just try anything to shake him up a little. The whole team needs to find some kind of offensive rythm

I don't think it sends a bad message at all to send Koivu a message. I'd like to see Bob tell him to watch the next game from the pressbox. They could put a spin on it publicly and say Koivu is getting some rest, but I think he needs his coach to tell him that his lack of effort (and discipline, at times) is unacceptable. And really, I he should have been benched during a couple of games....star player or not, oldschool-style. Where's Scotty Bowman when you need him, eh? Sometimes, players need their coach to get in their face and call them out on their crummy play. If the player is a leader and a winner, they'll respond positively and rise to the challenge.