Any Info On Markov's Status?

gohabsgo252006

He played on Monday and didn't dress or play last night.

Does anybody have any info on his status for tommorow night.

We need him in the lineup desperately.

You're kidding - right?

I must have missed the fact that Markov was out last night. I thought I was depressed before. Now, matters are worse. :(

Great. We are a dismal .250 in games without him.

EB001172_pepto-bismol-tablet-refills.gif

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Back Spasm

A spasm is a spontaneous, abnormal contraction of a muscle. When it occurs in the back near the spinal cord or the nerve roots, it can be very painful.

Symptoms

The patient feels a sudden pain in the lower back while twisting, pushing or pulling. At first, it may be possible to continue the exercise. But after two to three hours, bleeding in the muscles stretches the torn muscle and tendons.

The spasm that results causes severe back pain that gets worse with any movement of the back. The patient usually prefers to lie still, curled up with the knees bent and the spine arched forward.

Causes and Risk Factors

Spasms happen often when a muscle is swollen and tender (inflamed) or strained. Any great force can tear the muscles and tendons of the lower back. This occurs commonly in sports like weight lifting, football, basketball, baseball or golf that require pushing or pulling or sudden twisting of the back.

The risk of back spasm goes up if you have:

* A pelvis that tips forward more than normal

* Any back weakness such as arthritis, spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis, disk rupture, spinal stenosis or a tumor

* Lordosis

* Tight hamstrings, the tendons that run down the back of the legs

* Weak or inflexible muscles along the spine

* Weak stomach muscles

Diagnosis

A doctor will take the patient's medical history and do a physical examination. The exam may show tenderness at a specific point or a general spasm and tenderness in the back that gets worse with any movement, especially bending forward.

Point tenderness on the spine with more pain when the spine is extended should be checked for fracture.

Treatment

As soon as possible after the injury, the patient should be treated with rest, ice and compression.

Often conservative treatment is tried first. This includes muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatory medicine, pain management (injections) or chiropractic care.

Lordosis increases stress on the muscles and ligaments that support the back. How much depends on the tilt of the pelvis. Once healing begins, most patients benefit from exercises to strengthen abdominal muscles and to stretch and strengthen back muscles to restore flexibility.

This means he really shouldn't play until 100% healed. But we need him-bring on the dope.

He's the key. If he's not back, we lose. It's practically guaranteed - especially given the little 'extra assistance' the Leafs tend to get from the refereeing in Leafs-Habs games. :angry2:

Yeah but he would have all summer to heal.

I honestly do not know how as a coach you would make that decision.

But I believe Markov will play Thursday and try to go Saturday as well.

I played through back spasms during my senior year of football in HS. As a D-lineman, I could get away with it by moving from end to tackle: most of what I had to do was plug up the middle of the line on runs. But Markov, being a mobile defenseman, likely could not play effectively on muscle relaxers/painkillers. Twisting movements hurt the most, which defensemen must do often, and the mind-dulling effect of the painkillers would definitely lead to some very bad decisions. The good thing about back spasms is that they sometimes disappear quickly with treatment, and you can bet that the Habs have the very best in physiotherapy available to their players. Let's cross our fingers and say our prayers.

Can I hop back on the bandwagon now? Don't mind me but I'm not happy. Not too many of us are at thre moment.

There is only one hope. The Habs tend to snap right out of their slump and catch fire. It's their pattern to win 6 and lose 2 or 3, and then win 5 straight down the stretch.

Unfortunately, the Leafs are on fire right now too. Chipchura is in Hamilton on a tryout but isn't signed so there is no solution there. The only player available who is worth calling up is Kostitsyn. We need goals! Besides, the Bulldogs are not going to qualify. I feel for Hamilton fans but the good news is some new young gems are coming next season.

Let's hope that they can catch fire.

I hope someone tells the players they are HOME :hlogo:

There's lore that the H in the CH meant Home for the Forum. Somebody probably just made it up and it caught on.

HOME :hlogo: HABITANT

RDS is reporting that Bouillon will not play tommorow but may possibly be back by Saturday.

Rivet is still doubtful, and will be decided tommorow but he will likely play.

Markov is day to day and will be a gametime decision, but the article seems to point in the direction of no (NOOOOOOO!)

Rivet will not play tomorrow.

Bouillon will not make it back in time for the Saturday night game.

Markov will miss the entire Toronto series.

and just ot be sure......

we will get killed in both games thanks to some great (hey, some things are inevitable no matter how much you jinx them) reffing.

THey'll be good games. These teams always get up for each other regardless of the season that the other is having. Now that the playoffs are on the line, it'll be that much more intense. I'm really looking forward to these two games.

Rivet will not play tomorrow.

Bouillon will not make it back in time for the Saturday night game.

Markov will miss the entire Toronto series.

and just ot be sure......

we will get killed in both games thanks to some great (hey, some things are inevitable no matter how much you jinx them) reffing.

Tell me you are kidding, BTH. Is that actual proof or is that just what you are predicting?

Speaking of which.....does anyone know the over/under on how many 2-man advantages the Leafs will be awarded tomorrow? If it's only at 1.5, I'm betting the Over!!

Speaking of which.....does anyone know the over/under on how many 2-man advantages the Leafs will be awarded tomorrow? If it's only at 1.5, I'm betting the Over!!

As a pretty good oddsmaker myself, I will but the number at 4, the total time (all of which will be killed off by our beloved habs) at 6 minutes approximately.

As a pretty good oddsmaker myself, I will but the number at 4, the total time (all of which will be killed off by our beloved habs) at 6 minutes approximately.

Wow, 4? You must have some inside info....is Dean Warren reffing again tomorrow?

Wow, 4? You must have some inside info....is Dean Warren reffing again tomorrow?

I'm not sure who is reffing, but given earlier games, and the importance of this game and that Toronto is close to the habs in the playoff race. We may see the bias be even more open.

Let's hope not...but given the obviousness in the past, it wouldn't surprise me now.

The only reason Toronto is still in it is because they have gotten something like 4 times more 5 on 3's this year than any other team in the league

I'm not sure who is reffing, but given earlier games, and the importance of this game and that Toronto is close to the habs in the playoff race. We may see the bias be even more open.

Let's hope not...but given the obviousness in the past, it wouldn't surprise me now.

The only reason Toronto is still in it is because they have gotten something like 4 times more 5 on 3's this year than any other team in the league

That would actually be quite an interesting stat to research. But where?