Sheldon Souray

bombTHEice

Heck, good that this guy wasn't traded at the trade deadline. He's finally scoring again, his shots are as accurate as they were last season - it really seems like he's getting into form again!

Everyone thought that he couldn't score as many points as last season but he already has 10 goals and 21 assists, compared to his 15 goals and 20 assists from last season.

Boom-Boom's ghost is at the Bell, I know it ...

Souray switched back to how old stick. I wonder if Gainey recommended that to him. He is still missing the net on a regular basis but when he hits the net he hits the coroner’s he is on fire right now hope he can stay hot for a long time.

Heck, good that this guy wasn't traded at the trade deadline. He's finally scoring again, his shots are as accurate as they were last season - it really seems like he's getting into form again!

Everyone thought that he couldn't score as many points as last season but he already has 10 goals and 21 assists, compared to his 15 goals and 20 assists from last season.

Boom-Boom's ghost is at the Bell, I know it ...

yeah, but you gotta remember that he only played 63 games that season.

That being said he's only played 62 games so far this season and is only 4 pts back of last yr's pace (although his +/- is -12 worse...)...

Lets just hope he's starting to peek now. We all now how he can play. He looked like shit earlier this season with guys walking around him, and nothing offensivly coming out of him. Now he's hitting guys, scoring goals and putting up points. If a few other guys showed the improvement that he had over the last month or so, we probably wouldn't be fighting for a playoff spot.

Maybe it's a combination of the stick, his hand, new rules, personal issues, fear of being traded - all coming to a satisfactory resolution at the perfect time.

Sourray has really improved and is a very important part of this team. Our PP has been awesome since Sourray changed his stick and BG started putting Markov out there with him to feed him beauty one time passes.

Imagine what that will be like for a whole season.

Defensively he's looked great of late also, really simplifying his game, and we he jolts people he no longer goes to their head taking dumb penalties.

Let's hope he keeps this up, he's really been hitting his stride, i think this is the real sourray.

As soon as the other teams will increase their cover on him again, Souray will start struggling offensively . He's fine when he has a lot of time to take a shot, but if you rush him a little bit more, he shoots wide or makes a bad play. He just doesn't have the hockey sense or the skills to perform under the added pressure; he needs that extra half-second that top defensemen like Pronger, Lidstrom, ... don't have.

That's why he can be a good #3 or #4; he can really help you when he gets hot, but you should not have to count on him because he will also get cold and struggle from time to time. If you rely on him too much, and give him too many responsibilities, he will let you down.

That's why he can be a good #3 or #4; he can really help you when he gets hot, but you should not have to count on him because he will also get cold and struggle from time to time. If you rely on him too much, and give him too many responsibilities, he will let you down.

Thats right and thats why Montreal needs to bring in another top 4 defensman in the offseason to strengthen Montreals defense-corp.

Thats right and thats why Montreal needs to bring in another top 4 defensman in the offseason to strengthen Montreals defense-corp.

That's why I said before I was really hoping for Montreal to sign both Phil Boucher and Denis Gauthier. That would have pushed Rivet out of the top 4, and Dandeneault and Bouillon out of the top 6. With these 2 guys, our defense would have looked something like this:

Markov-Komisarek

Souray-Boucher

Gauthier-Rivet

7th: Bouillon

I think could even be considred one of the top 5 defense in the league, at least on paper. The worst thing is that if you get rid of Dandeneault via a trade (somebody would take him), and don't resign Sundstrom and Bulis, you would almost make up for the extra cap room.

Unfortunately, they both have new contracts now...

Edited by CerebusClone

Yeah I don't like Gauthier at all. He's not mobile and he takes too many dumb penalties. I'd rather see them spends more money and get a Paul Mara, Willie Mitchell, Dany Markov, Pavel Kubina, Philip Kuba or Andrei Zyzuin if they were available.

I don't know much about Boucher. Never watched him play much

I am really curious about Danny Markov. I loved what I saw at the olympics.

"Markov passes to Markov, he slides it over to Ryder, back to Markov...to Markov...to Markov...shoots SCORES! Markov scores, with assists to Markov and Markov....wait....what?"

I don't envy broadcasters for Habs games if Danny Markov comes here.

"Markov passes to Markov, he slides it over to Ryder, back to Markov...to Markov...to Markov...shoots SCORES! Markov scores, with assists to Markov and Markov....wait....what?"

Ummmm, how exactly do you get a goal from Markov with assists by Markov and Markov? That doesn't exactly make sense?

I'd definitely go for Danny Markov.

Cerebrus, you keep referring to 2 guys who've both inked longterm contracts...also right now it would be bit of a stretch to consider Komisarek a top two defenseman. His career potential imo would be a top four guy, right now he's picked up his game, but still aint there yet.

The broadcasters for the 'Nucks games manage to survive...

"Sedin drops it back to Sedin, who passes it to Sedin, right back to Sedin... Sedin scores! Too little, too late, Vancouver drops its 4th straight to St. Louis..."

The broadcasters for the 'Nucks games manage to survive...

"Sedin drops it back to Sedin, who passes it to Sedin, right back to Sedin... Sedin scores! Too little, too late, Vancouver drops its 4th straight to St. Louis..."

add the two Kosty and you get 4 players named by a first name basis Danny to andrei, andrei to sergei to andrei?? wait there are two andreysss damn my theory just got plastered

1 top 2 Dman will make this a heck of a Defence corp.

Markov Komisarek

Sourray Rivet

Bouillon and ???

The way those top four are playing...and Bouillon is one of the more solid and reliable guys on this team.

Another top 2 or at worst top 4 dman, will solidify this D into the top echelon

Kubina

Kuba

Markov

Mitchell

and of course

Redden

Chara

Lidstrom

are all guys i wouldn't mind

1 top 2 Dman will make this a heck of a Defence corp.

Markov Komisarek

Sourray Rivet

Bouillon and ???

The way those top four are playing...and Bouillon is one of the more solid and reliable guys on this team.

Another top 2 or at worst top 4 dman, will solidify this D into the top echelon

Kubina

Kuba

Markov

Mitchell

and of course

Redden

Chara

Lidstrom

are all guys i wouldn't mind

I like that group if defensmen myself and of that group I think Mitchell, Kubina, Markov and Kuba, along with Paul mara of Phoneix are what Montreal should look at. They would definitley be an upgrade for this club