Link To Kovalev-tucker Hit

Nilan25

I could watch that all day....its a beautifull hit. ###### the elbow, thats a good solid hit, Kovalev is so big his elbow is in Tuckers chest. Thats a shoulder hitting him directly in the head. What a beauty

Edited by kaos

I watched th show 'After the Horn' on Leafs TV(always tune it in if I get a chance to after the Leafs get beat!)

At first the fans were howling for a suspension and the announcers were leaning that way also. That was until some 'rational' Leaf fan called in to say he'd watched that hit several times on his big screen HD tv and explained that Tucker apparently had just tried to do the same a bit earlier in that sequence basically!

Wasn't long before the announcers were agreeing with his information and had changed their views regarding a suspension, unless Tucker got one too?

Even Tucker on their post game interviews sheepishly said there should be no suspension for that - he referred to it as just playing the game hard. He knew that if they reviewed it he might get fingered too.

In a game with problems already brewing the missed high sticking call on Tucker when he clipped Kovalev along the boards led to that mess. With trouble brewing referees can't afford to let things like that slip because they just make things worse than they would be if you called the rules by the book.

They missed alot of calls both way, including the highstick that I believe Stajan took in the face, and the mauling of Sundin by Rivet. In no way to I want to defend the leafs, but calls were missed both ways.

But I definitly agree. That was a great hit, and kudo's to Tucker for not being a bitch and whining about it.

They missed alot of calls both way, including the highstick that I believe Stajan took in the face, and the mauling of Sundin by Rivet. In no way to I want to defend the leafs, but calls were missed both ways.

But I definitly agree. That was a great hit, and kudo's to Tucker for not being a bitch and whining about it.

Definitely true! There were some oversights going both ways that left me scratching my head in disbelief!

But I think I see a tendency to letting a lot of stuff slide by as the games progress, other than the hooking that is. And even those call sometimes leave me shaking my head :wacko:

After that hit, I don't think he knew which team he was playing for!

Also, as for the Rivet-Sundin thing, not sure if they showed it on TV or not, but I was at the game, and that was their second 'behind the play' mix up....and Sundin deserved what he got! ....which was of course, agitating Rivet, then turtling like a little girl....On national Leafs TV....that's what they call the CBC right?

Edited by Makh2o

Also, as for the Rivet-Sundin thing, not sure if they showed it on TV or not, but I was at the game, and that was their second 'behind the play' mix up....and Sundin deserved what he got!

Agreed - that's what I saw too. It wasn't that the refs missed anything on that - they were letting them play chippy and aggressive hockey. It didn't offend my sensibilities in the least.

Yes there was alot of aggressive hockey being played out there, but when Rivet skated out from behind the net and proceeded to pull Sundin down, is not aggresisve hockey. Maybe Sundin deserved, maybe he didn't. Rivet is lucky to not have gotten a penalty....then made the mistake of not pummeling Domi

There are also alot of non calls on the scrums in th corner. You can see it plain as day, guys getting cross checked in the back and head, fash washes....not exactly hard aggressive hockey.......... These refs have alot of work to do.

I would not want Tucker back on the Habs sure he brings heart. I used to love the guy but when he took that butt end from Jason Weimer and Tucker and the leafs said that he had a severe concussion and Weimer got I believe a 5 or 10 game suspension After that Tucker played the next game.

Edited by JMMR

First off I hate Darcy Tucker and would never want him on the habs, but I also couldnt stand Dougie Gilmour when he played for the Leafs. And Shane Corson was my favorite player but as soon as he switched sides he became a whiny loud mouthed bitch. I dont know if its because they become that way when the put on a leafs jersey, or because we seem to overlook it when they play on Les Glorieux .