Theo To Start Working Out With Avs

les_glorieux

Recently acquired goaltender Jose Theodore is expected to join the Avalanche in the next few days to begin working with the team's medical staff and should to be able to play before the end of the regular season. - Denver Post

tsn.ca

Edited by les_glorieux

You'll care alot if he plays regularly and leads them into the playoffs.

Why? He's a Colorado Avalanche now.

He was traded, I wish him well, now our attention should be on the Habs.

I get the impression you're going to be the guy who starts a thread every time he plays well, bemoaning his loss. I hope he gets his game back, but doing well in Colorado doesn't mean that he would have done the same in Montreal.

Why? He's a Colorado Avalanche now.

He was traded, I wish him well, now our attention should be on the Habs.

I get the impression you're going to be the guy who starts a thread every time he plays well, bemoaning his loss. I hope he gets his game back, but doing well in Colorado doesn't mean that he would have done the same in Montreal.

I wish him well as well, and infact I hope he goes on and has a specatular career. I first said this was a horrible trade, it looks horrible right now, and I think we'll regret it later.

DOn't be an idiot telling me I'll be starting a thread every time he plays well, you moron.

I could give a rats ass about how well or crap THE ODOR plays. All I know is the Huet was again a runner up for def. player of the week! Go Habs Go!!

I wish him well as well, and infact I hope he goes on and has a specatular career. I first said this was a horrible trade, it looks horrible right now, and I think we'll regret it later.

DOn't be an idiot telling me I'll be starting a thread every time he plays well, you moron.

Yep, a horrible trade. Aebischer's played 3 games, and Theo none, so obviously the die has been cast!

Another classy post - you outdid yourself. Nice use of 'idiot' and 'moron' in the same sentence. You're just upset that I spoiled the surprise.

Actually, she had the baby already. Last tuesday, I believe. They induced her pregnancy. Theo is slated for an April 17th start against the Oilers. Last regular season game.

I'd rather his first start be in Denver but eh, what can you do?

I love how Theo gets ripped even after he's gone. Because he hated the Habs franchise so much, right?

:rolleyes: Give me a break.

Yep, a horrible trade. Aebischer's played 3 games, and Theo none, so obviously the die has been cast!

Another classy post - you outdid yourself. Nice use of 'idiot' and 'moron' in the same sentence. You're just upset that I spoiled the surprise.

You know when a GM is willing to trade for a goalie who's injuried, rather then keeping the heathly goalie, says about what he thinks about the goalie his trading away. Conclusion is, Lacloix knows Aebischer is pile of crap and he's better off going with a raw Rookie during the playoff drive. Rather then watching David Aebischer imploded again. Which he's doing right now as a habs.

You know when a GM is willing to trade for a goalie who's injuried, rather then keeping the heathly goalie, says about what he thinks about the goalie his trading away. Conclusion is, Lacloix knows Aebischer is pile of crap and he's better off going with a raw Rookie during the playoff drive. Rather then watching David Aebischer imploded again. Which he's doing right now as a habs.

post deleted for idiocy by poster :)

Edited by les_glorieux

Wow, excellent analysis of the trade

You guys need to chill out. I don't understand how you can be offended by someone elses' opinion - and it isn't even about you.

It is okay to disagree, we all have our opinions and we all are entitled to them. Some of these arguments people are getting into on this board these days are over the stupidest things. STATE YOUR OPINION, DON'T TAKE THIS CRAP TOO PERSONAL.

I'm sorry for ranting and raving, im just sick and tired of reading posts where habs fans are getting pissed at each other like they are in pre-school still.

ah. i cant wait untill theo starts playing well and wins a cup or more honors with the avalanch, so then all u theo haters and " theodore for aebischer " trade lovers can go cry in a corner for finally getting what you wanted and now montreal will pay for it, by getting abby...oh and umm 3 games 5 goals per game....i GREAT TRADE... :puke:

How about no one is allowed to talk about this trade until 2007 because no one can say a thing about it yet. All I hear is crap: guesses, assumptions, false hope, etc. The fact is that no one can accurately analyze the Theo trade until atleast mid-way through next season. The reason: because Theo will only play 1 regular game as an Av this season (if any) and Aebischer will play maybe a grand total of 5 as a habs. Reaching any type of conclusion after that shows that your argument isn't based on good enough facts and that you should probably shut up.

If we're going by output this season than Bob Gainey has won the trade. Aebischer has gotten the Canadiens 2 points. Jose Theodore has gotten the Avalanche 0 points and it's 100% guaranteed that he couldn't have gotten us any points while being injured. Or we could have used Huet for 20 straight starts only a couple of days after witnessing him being burnt. If you want a crap argument then how about that one. Atleast it makes an ounce of sense.

Well said, Bulis. Everyone who is all doom and gloom about this trade, based on...THREE GAMES!!!...should remember the Huet/Bonk-Garon trade. Remember, folks? Remember how everyone wanted Huet run out of town after a shaky game or two and then his extended injury? And remember all the moaning about how we gave away a number one goalie, etc., etc..

OK. NOW. Who would you rather have - Garon or Huet? An erratic starter or the best save % in hockey?

And to think we got Bonk as a 'throw in.' ;)

You'd think that after that whole experience, people would be a little leery of hurling anathema upon trades based on immediate results. You'd THINK that...

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Theo brought a lot of good things to the Montreal club. I'm glad to hear he is recovering, and I wish him the very best, and congratulations on his new daughter!

ah. i cant wait untill theo starts playing well and wins a cup or more honors with the avalanch, so then all u theo haters and " theodore for aebischer " trade lovers can go cry in a corner for finally getting what you wanted and now montreal will pay for it, by getting abby...oh and umm 3 games 5 goals per game....i GREAT TRADE... :puke:

First, Theo will never win a Cup or any honors in Colorado, so lets put that aside. Yes he will get better then what we saw this year (not too hard, he as the single worst #1 goalie stats in the NHL - all other 29 are better then him) but he will never be a great goalie. Predictions, between #10 and 15 next year, so that puts him slightly above average.

Second, the Theo trade wasn't about getting something in return, it was about getting rid of is sorry ass that was a complete distraction to the team and more importantly, is huge non-sens contract. Now, we can concentrate on the HABS the TEAM not THEO the STAR (as if he was one to start with anyways). So stop comparing Aebischer to Theo, BG didn't care about what he was getting he return, he wanted him out of town ASAP. By the way, it was mentionned in the news not long ago that Aebischer was acquired to ship him and Souray to Vancouver for Bertuzzi.

Do you really think that BG will keep Aebischer this summer? Guaranteed that he is traded before the beginning of the season.

For the LAST TIME, stop comparing Aebischer to Theo, the deal was done for other reasons then replacing Theo by Aebi, therefore it's a non-sens to play comparison.

Theo sucked big time and is teammates had 0 confidance in him this year and BG did what he had to do. Now when he gets us a top forward this summer (which we would not have been able to do with Theo's contract), all you Theo lovers will go "Wow" what a great addition without even realizing that it was possible because we traded away Theo`s ludicrous contract.

Thank you BG for being our GM instead of all these "we lost Theo and we will pay for it for the rest of are lives" wanna be GMs.

Theo brought a lot of good things to the Montreal club. I'm glad to hear he is recovering, and I wish him the very best, and congratulations on his new daughter!

Thank-you Lazy.....ah .....whoops....um I mean thanks if I wasn't um.....anyways ya Huet rules right! um aa I feel like such a HEEL, but it's getting better........dope......see-ya!!!! :rolleyes:

We won on the trade even if Aebischer remains a bust, we are free of Theo and his large contract. Huet / Danis next 2 seasons then Danis/Price. So how do we lose?

Oh, and why is this not in NHL. This ain't the ex-habs thread

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

We won on the trade even if Aebischer remains a bust, we are free of Theo and his large contract. Huet / Danis next 2 seasons then Danis/Price. So how do we lose?

Oh, and why is this not in NHL. This ain't the ex-habs thread

So far Gillette has won on the trade front. He's got the $3.9 million in his pocket. The Habs haven't won anything out of that trade as of yet.

So far Gillette has won on the trade front. He's got the $3.9 million in his pocket. The Habs haven't won anything out of that trade as of yet.

Excuse me , the Habs got 4.5 mil in salary space for next year if I am not mistaken. That is better than a hit or miss goalie. Next 2 years Huet / Danis then Danis / Price. Why do you want Theo back? Do you think anyone offered more than we got? Did you want him to ride our bench for the next 3 years at our expense? So what is your point? They ditched a big bad contract, Gainey's biggest mistake so far and we escaped it. In hind sight we should have sent him packing preseason when he held out but we weren't able to gaze into the Crystobal and see the future. (he was still injured).

Maybe NHL GM's called you and offered much more for him but they didn't call Bob or he would have made a better deal. Habs lose nothing on this deal and that takes a childs brain to figure out. Except it.