Aebischer To Start Thursday

JMMR

In my 'dreams', I see him and some other player(s)/prospect(s)/draft pick(s) going to Florida for Luongo. He'll be able to be an undisputed #1 there.

If Gainey decides to have him stay then good for him and, so far as I'm concerned, good for us too. He's better than we've seen so far.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Only in your dreams. If he's moved I more see him packaged up for maybe a forward, or an upgrade on defence.

An interesting little stat that I looked up: Aebischer's lifetime record vs Ottawa is 0-2, with a 3.05 GAA and .912 SV%.

This would rule out any potential argument that Aebischer has had Ottawa's number in the past.

All this being said, I agree with the decision to put him in net tonight, Ottawa is a potential 1st round opponent, and the less they get to face Huet, the better. Also, Huet's started 6 straight, time to give him a rest, and make sure he's fully ready for a huge game vs Jersey on Saturday night.

In my 'dreams', I see him and some other player(s)/prospect(s)/draft pick(s) going to Florida for Luongo. He'll be able to be an undisputed #1 there.

Last night I dreamt our Habs -- with Aebi at the cage -- lost 5-3 against Ottawa. The first OTT goal was let in on a softy from our defensive corner, along the goal line. Pure buzzkill.

Let me be ESP challenged. <_<

Edited by MCeh

I've got a theory.

David A. played well in the loss to Carolina. Most of the Habs forgot to show up that night and left him high and dry on most of the 5 goals he gave up.

He was terrible in both games against Pittsburgh.

My theory. David plays better against better teams.

I know it is a reach, but I suspect if the rest of the team shows up against Ottawa we'll pull out a 4-3 decision.

Just a theory.

I also believe man has yet to walk on the moon, so take it for what it is worth.

I've got a theory.

David A. played well in the loss to Carolina. Most of the Habs forgot to show up that night and left him high and dry on most of the 5 goals he gave up.

He was terrible in both games against Pittsburgh.

My theory. David plays better against better teams.

I know it is a reach, but I suspect if the rest of the team shows up against Ottawa we'll pull out a 4-3 decision.

Just a theory.

I also believe man has yet to walk on the moon, so take it for what it is worth.

Judging by that ample sample of empirical evidence, how can that theory be false???

This game will not just come down to David Aebischer. The last few games against Boston and Toronto were nice wins, but against non playoff teams. This game against Ottawa is going to take a total team effort, from Aebischer right out to the forwards coming back and back checking. The defense will have to keep up the good work clearing rebounds and the forwards are going to have to bury their chances. Emery is struggling some and Montreal needs to keep the pressure on him. Having said that, Montreal cannot afford a bad game by Aebischer, and soft goals and Ottawa will smell blood.......

Judging by that ample sample of empirical evidence, how can that theory be false???

44 saves against a big team. Shall we now discuss my theories on the 'fake' moon landings. <_<

Last night I dreamt our Habs -- with Aebi at the cage -- lost 5-3 against Ottawa. The first OTT goal was let in on a softy from our defensive corner, along the goal line. Pure buzzkill.

Let me be ESP challenged. <_<

Looks like you got the teams mixed up! :D

44 saves against a big team. Shall we now discuss my theories on the 'fake' moon landings. <_<

Hey, my history prof agrees with you, he thinks it was just Cold War propaganda.

See, I told you guys. Hopefully he earned a bit of your respect back. Beating the eventual Stanley Cup champs... who although under-manned, still managed 47 shots!

a bunch of guys better get healthy quick if that is to be

Last night's game was a gift of sorts for us. On top of that DA saved our faces big time.

:king: :hlogo: :king: