My Apology To Mr Melanson

johnnyhasbeen

I have to say that if what I am seeing out of Aebischer tonight is the result of his working with Rollie over such a short period then I owe a large apology to him. I made the suggestion months ago that maybe a different coach would get the results out of Theo. That may still be true but Rollie is a fine goalie coach and a great asset to this organization. So I humbly say, "I am sorry."

I have to say that if what I am seeing out of Aebischer tonight is the result of his working with Rollie over such a short period then I owe a large apology to him. I made the suggestion months ago that maybe a different coach would get the results out of Theo. That may still be true but Rollie is a fine goalie coach and a great asset to this organization. So I humbly say, "I am sorry."

Johnny I've always liked you!.... but Now your in my "best of" Habsworld list! I dont go around remembering who or where I had discussions with ... but now that u mention it I remember this topic and even before Abs came to the team...

Like Ive said before.... My biggest fear is that some other team realizes how good Rollie is and offers him double of what we pay him now... somehow I think the fact we are in a way a fountain of good goalies for years and years ...meaning we share our fruits of labor ( trades of the likes of u know who) actually has made keeping coaches like Rollie around more easy!

I truly believe Huet's come around is partly due to Rollie ... and for sure he will not admit it!

Abs to be honest I think needs more Rollie training .. he is slowly getting to his past form ... still those rebounds .. but I'm sure if he sticks around for next year will be wonderfull otherwise he will increase in trade value if not just by paying attention to Rollie

Now we just need a Great D coach and were off to a 21st century dinasty! YEAH!!!!!

GO HABS GO GO HABSWORLD GO ... AND GO JOHNNY GO Go ...go go go Johnny be goood!! ;)

I think we're giving Melanson a little too much credit. He's a fine goalie coach, no doubt, and I'm sure he helped Huet become a better goalie, and that he could help Aebischer become a better golaie as well. However, Huet was already a good goalie; he had some very good years in the AHL, and he was a great backup in Los Angeles. When Cechmanek got injured, Huet did very well as his replacement.

Same goes for Aebischer. Strong team or not, he has a very solid first season as the number 1 goalie for the Avalanche, and after a poor start (like many of the top goaltenders in the league this season), he was on a very hot streak coming to Montreal.

I'll give Rollie some credit for his work, but he didn't turn water into wine... he just turned a 2003 Bordeaux into a 2002 Bordeaux.

That's what I call humility. That's a great strength. All hail Johnnyhasbeen.

All hail Melanson too.

Yeah, where do Luongo, Denis, Miller, Biron, Theodore, Fernandez, Giguere & others train in the summer?

Answer: At Melanson's camp. Why do they choose Melanson over others?

We can only guess. Maybe it has something to do with him being #1. :hlogo:

Brodeur has been in the past too.

.340 hockey is all we have to achieve to make the playoffs. This is based on Atlanta & Toronto getting all their remaining points. .340 still wins with 94 points. THE CANADIENS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS! - Pomme De Terre!

two things montreal as always had:

1- good goalies

2- great goalie coaches

I don't know may teams that can brag that they have 5 decent goalies in their system

huet

aebi

halak

danis

price

the job of the goalies coach is to make good goalies better. Melanson has done that perfectly so far.

how many coahces changes as he survived ??

huge thank you'rollie :clap:

“Rollie the Goalie” Here’s a perfect example of the NHL and a media with no imagination at all. Roloson needs a new nickname. What are we going to call Alexander the GR8? The “Russian Rocket”?

The “Rocket”, there’s another one!

Melanson is “Rollie”

Richard is “The Rocket”

:angry2:

I doubt Melanson will go elsewhere. He's francophone; my inlaws knew him when he played in the OHL, as they bordered junior players and Melanson hung out at their house a lot. I'm pretty confident that he wants to remain in Montreal, as it's likely a comfortable place for him and his family. Ottawa may be the only team that could offer that level of comfort to Rollie.

What's especially impressive about Huet's play is the fact that he's rebounded so well and relatively quickly from a serious knee injury. Remember folks, he tore his right knee ACL training in the last off-season and required surgery to fix it! I don't remember exactly when it occurred, but my memory thinks it was last spring. That would put it at approximately 1 year since he suffered the injury, and for him to come back in such a relatively quick time from such a major injury & surgery, and perform the way he has is outstanding!!!

As for a good defensemen coach for the Habs, I'd love to see Larry Robinson offered the job, assuming his health is ok and that he wants the position. He's fluent in French, much like Gainey he learned the language while he played in Montreal. An assistant's position for the Habs would not offer the level of pressure that he's faced while Larry was the head coach in New Jersey. I'm sure I read in the past that Robinson loves being an assistant, and especially likes working with younger players, so I'm sure he'd be a great fit with Gainey, Carbo & Jarvis.

Like Ive said before.... My biggest fear is that some other team realizes how good Rollie is and offers him double of what we pay him now... somehow I think the fact we are in a way a fountain of good goalies for years and years ...meaning we share our fruits of labor ( trades of the likes of u know who) actually has made keeping coaches like Rollie around more easy!

I truly believe Huet's come around is partly due to Rollie ... and for sure he will not admit it!

Abs to be honest I think needs more Rollie training .. he is slowly getting to his past form ... still those rebounds .. but I'm sure if he sticks around for next year will be wonderfull otherwise he will increase in trade value if not just by paying attention to Rollie

Now we just need a Great D coach and were off to a 21st century dinasty! YEAH!!!!!

GO HABS GO GO HABSWORLD GO ... AND GO JOHNNY GO Go ...go go go Johnny be goood!! ;)

Go Abischer Go!

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I think we're giving Melanson a little too much credit. He's a fine goalie coach, no doubt, and I'm sure he helped Huet become a better goalie, and that he could help Aebischer become a better golaie as well. However, Huet was already a good goalie; he had some very good years in the AHL, and he was a great backup in Los Angeles. When Cechmanek got injured, Huet did very well as his replacement.

Same goes for Aebischer. Strong team or not, he has a very solid first season as the number 1 goalie for the Avalanche, and after a poor start (like many of the top goaltenders in the league this season), he was on a very hot streak coming to Montreal.

I'll give Rollie some credit for his work, but he didn't turn water into wine... he just turned a 2003 Bordeaux into a 2002 Bordeaux.

What? 2002 was in fact lousy for Bordeaux! 2003 is Way Better ... sorry to trump your Metaphor, but it’s inexact…

As for Melanson's credit... I think the "little too much" were giving is highly accounted for, because in our minds, it’s to compensate the “too little” he gets officially by the media (to my delight).. Like I said before … we don’t want anyone else to figure it out!

two things montreal as always had:

1- good goalies

2- great goalie coaches

I don't know may teams that can brag that they have 5 decent goalies in their system

huet

aebi

halak

danis

price

the job of the goalies coach is to make good goalies better. Melanson has done that perfectly so far.

how many coahces changes as he survived ??

We might even have 6 quality keepers in the system: anyone know how Chris Heino-Lindbergh is doing in Sweden?

"Rollie the Goalie" Here's a perfect example of the NHL and a media with no imagination at all. Roloson needs a new nickname. What are we going to call Alexander the GR8? The "Russian Rocket"?

The "Rocket", there's another one!

Melanson is "Rollie"

Richard is "The Rocket"

:angry2:

Sorry bud, that one's already been taken. Remember that young punk Pavel? :D

I have to think the jury is still out on Aebischer. Its only been four games, and he's unlikely to see any major playing time before the end of the season. Wonder what happens to him in the offseason? What will his worth be with only 5 or 6 games played in Montreal, assuming Huet plays the entire playoffs?? Do other teams take intoa ccount what he did in Colorado? Do they resign him, trade him? Whats his worth?

Be an interesting offseason.

And yes its nice to see the depth of goaltending Montreal has. It would be nice to see similar depth in the defense corp. Maybe a goalie can be moved for a defensive prospect, or draft pick.

What? 2002 was in fact lousy for Bordeaux! 2003 is Way Better ... sorry to trump your Metaphor, but it’s inexact…

As for Melanson's credit... I think the "little too much" were giving is highly accounted for, because in our minds, it’s to compensate the “too little” he gets officially by the media (to my delight).. Like I said before … we don’t want anyone else to figure it out!

Actually, 2002 was pretty bad for some producers because of the change in the wheather, but it was also great for others. The 2002 vintage is somewhat known to offer some great quality wines at great prices (which has more to do with large unsold stocks from 2001 than quality), which really characterizes our Cristo Wall :)

Actually, 2002 was pretty bad for some producers because of the change in the wheather, but it was also great for others. The 2002 vintage is somewhat known to offer some great quality wines at great prices (which has more to do with large unsold stocks from 2001 than quality), which really characterizes our Cristo Wall :)

Sweet we might be able to discuss this on that old topic I put in the lounge ... you might be thinking Burgundy 2001 that were maybe lesser in quality ... But Unsold Bordeaux? and of 2001 Better than 2002 ...I dont think there has been a vintage of Bordeau that hasnt been sold for decades! be it medoc pomerol Pessac-leognan

what about this for a Cristoball metaphor... cristo is one of those Bordeau Domaines that have been wrongly categorized as secondary when it screams "premier Cru" all the way! this way we dont get into vintages! :)

yeah you're right. great players don'T necesseraly make good coaches.

but it seems like all the coaches wo have been nhlerbefore were grinder or tough guys.

of course we have gretzky but he has proven nothing this year

but it seems like all the coaches wo have been nhlerbefore were grinder or tough guys.

I think Gretzky has done a formidable job this year. Considering his team was suppose to be dog-team all season, for them to be in the playoff hunt as late as they were was an accomplishment itself.

Also, considering what he went through this year (first year, losing Hull before the season, losing his mom, losing his grand-mother, Olympic Preparation, gambling fiasco, and brother-in-law's impending death) its been impressive.

Hey what ya expect were a CLASSY CROWD of habs fanatics here at HABSWORLD!

BTW... gotta go to work soon... at the winestore.. Anyone gonna create the game thread?

Cheers to ye all

Hey what ya expect were a CLASSY CROWD of habs fanatics here at HABSWORLD!

BTW... gotta go to work soon... at the winestore.. Anyone gonna create the game thread?

Cheers to ye all

I must say, Spider does a GREAT job! That was a lot more work than I thought it would be...

Thats because those were the guys that couldn't play on pure skill. They had to learn the game inside and out, whereas guys with great skill can't understand why lesser skilled guys can't do what they did.