Cbc Jumps On The Bandwagon

GoHabs2002

As they usual do at the end of the season ,when the Habs are going to the playoffs, the CBC adds their final Saturday night game to the schedule.

Too bad they can't do that EVERYTIME Toronto and Ottawa go against each other, at least.

Maybe they can bring Dick Irvin in the booth for that game and the playoff games....hmm...I'm going to email them about that.

We can at least have a familiar voice if they want us to watch the game.

can't wait to see coaches corner. imagine if we're down 2-0 after 1 period..make sure to check out cheery's grin.

I'm glad we can see the game on cbc. I find the view and the sound are better

I just checked the guide on my satellite, it still has the Sens and Laffs,... unless StarChoice hasnt been informed yet.

:hlogo:

I just checked CBCs schedule and they still have the Leafs and Sens,... where did you hear that they were showing the Habs and Sabers?

:hlogo:

As they usual do at the end of the season ,when the Habs are going to the playoffs, the CBC adds their final Saturday night game to the schedule.

Too bad they can't do that EVERYTIME Toronto and Ottawa go against each other, at least.

Maybe they can bring Dick Irvin in the booth for that game and the playoff games....hmm...I'm going to email them about that.

We can at least have a familiar voice if they want us to watch the game.

You know how sweet that would be...you should start a petition. Dick Irvin is the MAN...he's awesome.....I love listening ot him talk. I buy all his books, the guy is a great storyteller, a superb hockey announcer and hockey person.

HOw sweet it would be to have Dick Irvin back in the booth. He was on Off the Record a few days ago. Still my favourite....I remember listening to him on CJAD after I was supposed to have gone to bed when i was a kid...good memories.

Did Dick Irvin have any sons, and are they in the media, or hockey related field?

I hope so, somebody has to continue this family tradition. What a class act, and it would be shame if there wasn't an Irvin covering the Habs in some way in the future. I agree with you GoHabsGo this guy is a great story teller.

You know how sweet that would be...you should start a petition. Dick Irvin is the MAN...he's awesome.....I love listening ot him talk. I buy all his books, the guy is a great storyteller, a superb hockey announcer and hockey person.

HOw sweet it would be to have Dick Irvin back in the booth. He was on Off the Record a few days ago. Still my favourite....I remember listening to him on CJAD after I was supposed to have gone to bed when i was a kid...good memories.

he's second to none in calling a hockey game in english(rené lecavalier was special too)

The Habs-Sabres game is only going to be aired in Quebec. I guess they still think that there's no Habs fans east of the Gaspé.

Babys steps, Rob, baby steps.

They only show Ottawa games in the Ottawa Valley..

Their National Game is Ott-Tor, at least we won't see that game...but it would have been cool to see Ott. eliminate Tor...or Tucker/Domi/McCabe eliminate Chara, Alfie and Redden for us in the playoffs :D

CBC drives me bonkers... out west we always get the maple laffs game, and i want to watch the habs. So I always have to resort to SRC's simulcast of the RDS that you guys get in PQ

Babys steps, Rob, baby steps.

They only show Ottawa games in the Ottawa Valley..

Their National Game is Ott-Tor, at least we won't see that game...but it would have been cool to see Ott. eliminate Tor...or Tucker/Domi/McCabe eliminate Chara, Alfie and Redden for us in the playoffs :D

Baby steps my ass. If Montreal was playing Ottawa for the division and Toronto was playing an atom team from Egypt, you and I both know what game would be the focus for 2-and-a-half hours.

I just hope that when the playoff schedule is released, they don't assign Harry Neale to do the Habs games. I'd rather cut off my ears with a rusty chainsaw than listen to his "analysis". Bob Cole I can take, but Neale couldn't call a bingo game without screwing something up.

I just hope that when the playoff schedule is released, they don't assign Harry Neale to do the Habs games. I'd rather cut off my ears with a rusty chainsaw than listen to his "analysis". Bob Cole I can take, but Neale couldn't call a bingo game without screwing something up.

Well said...Harry Neale makes me want to :puke:

But, we're most likely going to get stuck with him if we play Ottawa in the first round.

Are Bob Cole and Harry Neale going ot have a hard time figuring out the Leafs arn't in the playoffs?

I betcha they talk frequently about how Toronto didn't make it, and how sad a day it is for hockey and Toronto that they didn't make it.

It'll be interesting to see them call a game where they have to identify players other than Toronto Maple Leafs.

Are Bob Cole and Harry Neale going ot have a hard time figuring out the Leafs arn't in the playoffs?

I betcha they talk frequently about how Toronto didn't make it, and how sad a day it is for hockey and Toronto that they didn't make it.

yeah! they'll start by saying that it is a tragedy for canadian hockey that such an (cough)honorable team....

Edited by marky_and_komi

It was indeed very surprising that CBC broadcasted the Habs game instead of the battle of Ontario, especially since that game could have potentially been an important element of what Toronto would have called the greatest comeback in the history of hockey. Unfortunately [for them only], Tampa Bay won their game, and officially eliminated them, but there was still that very tiny chance for the Leafs...

Wow, those back to back losses in Montreal really killed them! I wonder if they'll blame the schedule for not making this year :P