Giving Up or Keeping the Faith?

I am sorry, but I don't like a topic with the name "Montreal will not make the playoffs"

We need to keep faith that Montreal's fate lies in their hands... and all they're going to do is play a great game and clinch.

Montreal is in 7th right now! Thats great!

Atlanta are the ones in behind, the pressure is on them and even more so on Tampa.

I think montreal will make the playoffs. Never doubted them for one second. GO HABS GO! :hlogo:

Let's cheer them on not look back! :)

Both sides of this debate are right. We SHOULD be shitting bricks. The odds of our making the playoffs plunged from about 80% to about 50% in one night. But neither a Montreal loss nor TB/Atlanta victories are as guaranteed as the pessimists seem to think. The fact is, the Habs CAN at least TIE Jersey and, quite simply, need to play their very best game of the season for #82. If they do that, they'll either make it or go down proudly deserving better. And remember things could a whole heap worse - we could be Vancouver.

So...let's bite our nails, lose sleep, sweat, suffer...and see.

I barely slept last night. That's how bad it is.

I barely slept last night. That's how bad it is.

Hey guys, don't forget... it's only a game. If we don't make the playoffs, no one dies, and there's always next year. Not only that, but management will be even more likely to make even better moves to improve the team next year. Let's face it... even if we do make the playoffs, what's the best we can hope for? Surviving 1 round maybe?

My only real regrets involve us making it and the Laffs not... I was SO looking forward to that! :angry:

- Jack

This is for -Jack... and anybody else on here who are becoming real downers and depressing....

On Monday night, go get a copy of Bon Jovis greatest hits, play "Keep the Faith" over and over again and dont watch the game. Then after listening to it for the 40th time get up turn on the TV and feel that calming effect come over you when you see that after it all were still in seventh and playing the Sens who we happen to play we against.

In other words, "RELAX AND LET THE HABS DO THEIR JOB!!!" because they will.

Im tired of all the "Were Doomed", "Were finished", etcs going around here. :angry:

:hlogo:

PS. My only concern is BG not starting Huet tomorrow night.

The-Habby... Game's on Tuesday, not tomorrow night. And I really, really want you to be right.

I agree with you about starting Huet. And if I were Gainey, I'd be scouting videos of NJ's last few games big time.

On a guess, without the benefit of videos, I think we have to put lots of traffic in front of Brodeur. And shoot, shoot, shoot. I think we have to consistently belt Gionta and Gomez (not dirty hits but good clean hits).

Everyone on the team has to commit to winning battles on the boards and keeping their check REGARDLESS IF THEY'RE ON A POWERPLAY!!!

They have to go into the game with the attitude that losing is not an option. They MUST NOT play scared. If they get a lead, they have to keep their offensive intensity and not merely try to protect the lead.

Guys like Bulis MUST NOT blindly pass the puck when they see a hit coming. Possession of the puck should never be given up easily. If the pass is not there, then they should not attempt it. The attitude for this game has to be, "Tonight, the puck belongs to us!"

They must not panic in their own zone. If nothing appears open, then they should lift it high and out. (Buffalo was often pinching with their defencemen; I was wondering why they weren't just trying to chip it or lift it out to the neutral zone. The few times we did, we got good rushes out of it. This circling back in our own zone against a trap is simply braindead.) The last few games we've been much too slow getting out of our zone. We need to exit quickly and use our speed to get NJ in trouble on the counter-attack.

And finally, when they're in the slot, THEY HAVE TO SHOOT! (You hear that Saku?!!!)

If they do all of this, then they'll win. But they have to do it...

- Jack

Edited by jackp

Nope not worried! I'm Glad now that NJ will come for the Kill!

If the Habs deserve to be in the playoffs they will beat the living crap out of NJ... if not then I dont want that point from Atlanta or anyone else! if this teams can't play accordingly then why even bother! We lucked out on Buffalo we could have tied it in the last minute....but it still means were Green! we need that Playoff game spirit and Do or die attitute on Tuesday!

The Habs season = one game = Tuesday's match up vs N.J.

THis will make things easier for Gainey come the summer... WHo were getting rid of! and who were keepping!

I also noticed the difference for Mr. Bonkers to have Beige with him rather than SunnyD the Frosted Ice Man! -2 both of them! last night!

Atlanta is going to lose.. Tampa is going to lose and we are going to win so saith the HW Nostradamus :P

I also predict that Huet will get the start against NJ and outplay Brodeur. B)

PS: logic, smogic since when has logic or what should happen actually determined the result of a game?! Games are not logical, they are won and lost on emotion and luck and hardwork

Edited by PMAC

WOW - sounds like a lot of people on here know more about coaching & managing than Bob Gainey does!

Rumour is the Leafs might be looking for new coaches, maybe even a new manager too?

Why not apply - and then maybe with all those free agents who can't wait to come to T.O. every year you can beat that joke of a coach known as Bonehead Bob.......

:wacko:

p.s. gotta agree to some extent with Kaos' comment on the old bandwagon - must be a few fair weather fans with broken ankles!

Edited by beliveau1

My oh my how quickly some people jump off the bandwagon. WOW.

Montreal still controls its own destiny, and most factors are in their favour.

1)They played a very good game against Buffalo and deserved better. But they lost and I can live with that.

2) They simply need to take a point from New Jersey and they're in.

3) Atlanta has to win both games. NO easy feat when Florida has played as well as it has and looking to play the spoiler roll. As well they have to beat Washington and my vote for the Calder and HART trophies Alexander Ovechkin.

Well said Kaos. Season's not over yet and the fact remains we still have ONE game to play with ONE point required to make the playoffs. People who say they are realists should follow another sport - this team is capable and we've all got to have faith in that. They haven't busted their collective @sses to lose it at the last game.

Well said Kaos. Season's not over yet and the fact remains we still have ONE game to play with ONE point required to make the playoffs. People who say they are realists should follow another sport - this team is capable and we've all got to have faith in that. They haven't busted their collective @sses to lose it at the last game.

Let's hope not! GO HABS GO!!!

We have to keep the faith! I'd rather be in our situation than in Atlanta's... There's 4 games that can bring us into the playoffs... Atlanta must win their 2 last plus hope that Tampa or Montreal loses. They have LOTS of pressure on them... Washington is never an easy team to beat, especially at home, and Ovie and Olie the Goalie will put on a show for the fans in the last home game... Plus, I don't see why we couldn't beat NJ, it's only a game, the crowd is gonna be crazy, Kovy is going to step up like he always does when it's crunch time... I BELIEVE! GO HABS GO!

this team can and will win with any amount of luck. they could have won both of their last two losses hey shit happens. They will come out flying on tuesday Nj are not that good.

Well i am FREAKING GLAd that the trashers lost tonight...clinching are playoffs spot thanks to them....now lets see if we beat the Devils tomorow...am i ever glad i was wrong!!!!

GO HABS GO ...after this slup lets now get the cup!!!

lol

with the way the players played tonight i do not see the habs making it into the playoffs...obviesly the Trashers want this way more then the habs...now the trashers have two more games florida and washington ( i think) ...us we are going to see the devils on monday...and i really dont see the habs winning against them...so i would say that are destiny isint in our hands....thanks Habs for letting us down!

:angry2::angry2::angry2:

N e ways i hope im wrong

youre wrong! thank go :D d

Atlanta is going to lose.. Tampa is going to lose and we are going to win so saith the HW Nostradamus :P

I also predict that Huet will get the start against NJ and outplay Brodeur. B)

PS: logic, smogic since when has logic or what should happen actually determined the result of a game?! Games are not logical, they are won and lost on emotion and luck and hardwork

Told you so...I'm 2 for 4 and we're in the playoffs. So much for the 'logical' analysis of the situation.

Ok i had lost faith i must admit....but i think it was confusion after Bob gainey's choices and the poor performance by our team...yet i better not hear anyone talk about band wagon ( well for me) because i have been following this team since god knows when...but i am not here for a contest on who's the biggest fan of the habs...But one thing is for sure is i will be rooting them bad times or good...even if they did let me ( us) down during the season...theodore comes to mind....maybe poor performances on ribiero and are key players...but all those statistics are now gone as the playoffs are on they're way...and i dont see enough people thanking Washington for securising our playoff spot...so heres to the habs on tuesday...and i hope that huet will embarres gainey by shutting down New-Jersey...

and we should all be praying to go against ottawa in the days to come :)

GO :hlogo: GO

i am not worthy!! i am not worthy!!

banner1.jpg

Edited by fHABulous