Peters Golf Club Swing

HipHipHuet

In tonight's game of Buffalo vs Toronto, the leafs got their butts handed 6-0. In this very one sided affair, the thing that really caught the attention happened in the third period when the Leafs defenseman Wade Belak wanted to go at it with Andrew Peters. Peters skated away from Belak into the corner of the rink. He then procceed to imitate a golfer with his hockey stick...mocking the leafs that are now out of a playoffs spot.

The referees then cast Peters out of the game and on his way to the locker room he waves his hand at Leafs bench.

Personally, I LOVED IT!!!! Peters I like you. I can already hear all the media guys in Toronto calling Peters all names possible on earth! They defended Tucker for his low blow on Hecht so now its only logical they act like rats on Peters. And didnt Tucker wave his hand at the Senators bench 2 years ago after they eliminated them? That Toronto Sport Network (TSN) will probably forget about.

GO PLAY GOLF LEAFIES!!! :king:

Edited by HipHipHuet

Now we needa trade for this guy. Buffalo got him through waivers and I expect they'd be happy with the non-existant 11th rounder but then again, I guess his trade value just went up.

That was the funniest thing I have ever seen.....we need more players like that something like ribeiro's incident some time ago.....Mocking other teams makes everything so fun.

as long as you can back it up..

ribierio is a little puke..even is teammates though it looked stupid. i

t you're going to mock the opponents, at leats come up and score.yeah he did played his bet game the game after but he was non existent for the rest of the playoffs

As a 'AAA' coach, our staff has stressed that 'we lose with class and win with dignity' for years now.

Never run the score up on purpose, no celebrating after you get a five goal lead, and never taunt the opponent in doing so.

It may have been funny, but it was just plain garbage. That's why Sabres management made him apologize - and rightly so!

If your refering when Ribeiro faked his injury on the ice against Boston in the playoffs to stop the clock and then taunted the Bruins bench, that was stupid.

He should have gotten fined for his idiotic move. The fact that he taunted the Bruins after his "injury" should have been good enough reasons from someone on the Bruins bench to knock his f"ing teeth out.

As a 'AAA' coach, our staff has stressed that 'we lose with class and win with dignity' for years now.

Never run the score up on purpose, no celebrating after you get a five goal lead, and never taunt the opponent in doing so.

It may have been funny, but it was just plain garbage. That's why Sabres management made him apologize - and rightly so!

Why should he? Did the Leafs apologize when they were laughing at the Sabres a couple weeks ago?

I thought the fact he had to apologize was stupid but atleast Buffalo has more class then Toronto.

Why should he? Did the Leafs apologize when they were laughing at the Sabres a couple weeks ago?

I thought the fact he had to apologize was stupid but atleast Buffalo has more class then Toronto.

It is called class - some things cross the line of good sportmanship and taste, even if they are funny.

If The Sabres were offended by the Leaf's laughing a week ago, then they why would they think a similar crass gesture is any different?

The fact the Leafs were allegedly laughing at the Sabres recently shows the lack of class the Leaf's organization seems to have these days(if memory serves me right, Atlanta had a similar complaint earlier this year about them running up the score?)

Neither of these acts is acceptable - one day it will come back to bite you in the......

Think a player like Jean Beliveau, Gordie Howe or any of the legends would have done that?

Not a chance...... they played hard, they played tough, but they had some class!

Peters did this against Toronto, who deserved it especially with that Tucker incident against Hecht. If Peters had done it against the opposition where there was no bad blood and it was a hard fought clean game, then yes, it would be classless.

Toronto deserves it. I know I'd be mad if he did it against Montreal, but if Montreal had a player who did what Tucker did to Hecht I would still be pissed, but I'd understand that the teams hated each other.

Peters did this against Toronto, who deserved it especially with that Tucker incident against Hecht. If Peters had done it against the opposition where there was no bad blood and it was a hard fought clean game, then yes, it would be classless.

Toronto deserves it. I know I'd be mad if he did it against Montreal, but if Montreal had a player who did what Tucker did to Hecht I would still be pissed, but I'd understand that the teams hated each other.

It's either right for all, or wrong for all..... acting with dignity has no exemptions.

You can't justify stupidity, or a lack of class. Even if it was against the Leafs! :rolleyes:

I smell a case of the NFL syndrome.

Why?

If you ask me there's a big difference between celebrating a goal & being an ass with no class......

He mocked the fact they missed the playoffs. He's from Ontario and knows how big of a deal that is in Canada so he took a pot shot. Whats the big deal?

It's like the NFL fining everyone under the sun for celebrating their touchdowns. It's called being uptight.

He mocked the fact they missed the playoffs. He's from Ontario and knows how big of a deal that is in Canada so he took a pot shot. Whats the big deal?

It's like the NFL fining everyone under the sun for celebrating their touchdowns. It's called being uptight.

It's not a big deal - just not good sportsmanship. The NHL didn't reprimand him. The Sabres organization didn't think it was right and they showed some class in the way they handled it. Just like the Sens did with Emery's Mike Tyson mask.

They aren't making it impossible to celebrate goals so the comparison isn't valid. Treat your opponent with respect - it is the unwritten code of the game!

There's no harm here, Peters is a champion. The Anti-Avery.

Seriously, if the Habs ever get as much of a stick up their arse as the Leafs do, I'll be begging someone to pull a Peters.

FANTASTIC, i laughed my ass off!! Go Peters!

Beliveau i don't see the harm of this either. Normally you don't react to a thing what Tucker pulled of. But this is soo Innocent. Just a good Joke!!

There was no harm done, and I never said there was? And it was funny - I laughed too.

But it still wasn't sportsmanlike behaviour and they did the right thing.

Showed a bit of class on the part of the Sabres organization.

But it was funny.......