Game Thread | Carolina Vs. Canadiens | 04/26/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They squandered all kinds of opportunities in the first and second with a 1-0 lead.....

and that will kill you time and again in this game!!!!!

Yeah the calls may have sucked but you have to score when you have the chances to, and they didn't get it done tonight - it's as simple as that boys.

THE REFFING IN THIS GAME WAS HORRIBLE

No, the officiating was fine.

That last play was definitely hooking. No need to be a biased baby about it.

I hope each and every official working this game gets fired tommorrow.

Yeah, that'll happen. I'm sure the NHL fires Referees for doing their jobs all the time. In fact, you should go to Bettman's office and suggest to him that everytime the Hurricanes get a Powerplay, 1 NHL Official should be fired. After security drags you out, be sure to grow the hell up.

Seriously - you guys are delusional. You want to see horrible officiating, watch an NBA playoff game. Compared to that, the Officiating tonight could have been described as exceptional.

Edited by Ribeiro

Even though I'm upset about the game and the officiating, we NEED to score more than one goal in order to win a game. I know the refs didn't help in that regard, but it's not completely their fault that we lost. There was plenty of five-on-five time in the third period to put this game away, but we couldn't get it done.

true enough...

HOWEVER

There were a lot of non-calls that might have resulted in PP goals for the Habs.

But, I'm sure Gainey will tell the Habs to play the hand they are dealt... We'll get 'em next time, and eliminate them in from of their home crowd...

Man, I hope Saku's ok...

I hate when a game is decided by the officials.

Koivu gets his eye taken out with a stick, while the official is no more than 5 feet away and gets no call. But when baby Stillman gets hit, the official automatically calls it. I didn't even see any blood from Stillman.

The turning point in this series could be the non-call and subsequent injury to Koivu. That's it asshole Bettman...you're NHL is calling the little shit and turning a blind eye to obvious highsticks that will help your Yankee teams. After all, he thinks he wants to sell the game to a bunch of hillbillies in Carolina. What's happened to our game...Can Bettman now!!!!

Yeah, that'll happen. I'm sure the NHL fires Referees for doing their jobs all the time.

Seriously - you guys are delusional. You want to see horrible officiating, watch an NBA playoff game.

The Officiating tonight was fine.

Those are some great drugs you're on...

Koivu gets his eye taken out with a stick, while the official is no more than 5 feet away and gets no call. But when baby Stillman gets hit, the official automatically calls it. I didn't even see any blood from Stillman.

Oh they saw blood, the problem was it was from stillman biting his lip on the way back to the bench.

Yeah, that'll happen. I'm sure the NHL fires Referees for doing their jobs all the time.

Seriously - you guys are delusional. You want to see horrible officiating, watch an NBA playoff game.

The Officiating tonight was fine.

Did you even watch the game, did you not see the hold / cross check by vasicek immediately before that hook that they called. Did you not see all of the missed calls in the 3rd against carolina, did you not see the 4 minutes given to Komi on a play where Stillman didn't even bleed. Give me a break, let us be biased babies, cause at least we're biased babies that watched the game. We have a right to be critical of the bullshit that occured tonight, if you don't like it don't read it.

I disagree with that. NBA officiating is very good - it's not called strictly by the books, but they are excellent at allowing the flow to continue while still controlling the play and protecting the players.

Maybe there was some left on the ice from Koivu... :angry:

I admit it... I'm upset! :D

If Koivu does not come back we are in big trouble. The team didn't seem the same, and they need a lift for the next game.

Yes, the refs handed this to the canes, no question. However, I do agree that the habs sat back in the 3rd period and that is a killer. You can sit back in the last 5 minutes, but not the entire 3rd period... you have to keep your foot on their throat...

The next game is just huge now. The Habs have to come out fast and hard, and with luck, get some quick goals. they need to break Ward's confidence, and more importantly, they need to get the momentum back.

What really makes me worried is that the Habs really should have won this game. They were the better team. That kind of loss can really screw a team up...

Montreal kills off a huge four minute powerplay at the end of the game and the refs pay them back by giving Carolina another chance again in OT.

I mean Vasicek is a big guy and he gets hauled down by Plekanec who is prolly a foot smaller then him.

Yes the refs were bad and miss a couple calls. But the truths is Carolina finally got some goaltending, and Ward outplayed Huet this game. Habs better win the next game or i see Carolina winning in six a repeat of the 1996 rangers series.

JLP Las Vegas Report:

...well the good news is I found the game on a big TV at the Mirage Sports Book, and had some beers and watched with five Montréal guys, here with the Cirque de Soleil -- the bad news, as you know, Habs lost. :(

But let's be realistic -- playing the second-best team in the East we realistically were hoping for a split in Carolina, then win at home -- so after three games that's the tally, we're up 2-1 and that can't be bad...

To Friday ---

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: Go Habs Go!!! :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

That last play was definitely hooking. .

Did you even watch the game? About two seconds before that call the Carolina player dumped either Plekanec or Dandenault and there was no call.

And how they missed Koivu's eye getting gouged out is beyond me?

This was a terrible night for officiating. I'm not normally one to complain but this was horrible.

And what about poor Koivu? That looked horrible. I hope theres some good word soon. I fear that may have been his eye!!!! It looked like about a 2/3rds of the tip of the stick caught his face and the other third caught his eyeball. Not good. Not good at all....thats a major blow...what a ######ing disaster if he's out.

everything about this game leaves me pissed off

if koivu isnt back for the next game we could be in deep trouble

either way we will see what this team is really made of