Game Thread | Carolina Vs. Montreal | 05/02/06

I only saw thw third period but I was impressed by perezhogin.

he showed alot of commitment...good things will come for him.

has for ryder... god bless him for his shit but it takes so much more in the playoffs for success...and he just don't seem to have it. I think he got kinda lucky for being the only right handed shot on the team offensive wise.

there will be alot of changes next season.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

phf-aafr005.jpg

...I think it's inevitable.

gotta disagree - maybe the devils have a better goalie but ottawa has a better overall team

go sens go!

:king: :hlogo: :king:

i agree, bye bye ribeiro, zednick, sundstrom, hello more young kids and a couple of free agents and this team will rock a la buffalo

"Goodbye Ribeiro" I wouldnt say if my thats my view of things just yet, I'd let him have another shot. But, "Goodbye ZEDNIK"...that is just ridiculous. The guy is our leading scorer 3 seasons in a row, he has one bad season and now the fans want to dump him!!

I dont understand the thoughts of some people out there.

Edited by habsfan88

I say Keep Zednik though....

hes better than he showed this season.....he played great in playoffs

ya, probably better to drop bulis instead

I wonder if Theodore is havin' a big laugh right now. ;)

I doubt it....goaltending sure as hell didn't lose this series for the Habs....lack of firepower did.

"Goodbye Ribeiro" I wouldnt say if my thats my view of things just yet, I'd let him have another shot. But, "Goodbye ZEDNIK"...that is just ridiculous. The guy is our leading scorer 3 seasons in a row, he has one bad season and now the fans want to dump him!!

Let the battle lines be drawn once again, we will have the ultimate keep vs. get rid of Ribeiro debates. Let's get Steven Harper and Ken Dryden to face off in this one.

My vote: send him packin. He isn't clutch he isn't big and he isn't very good. We can definitely upgrade.

you dont understand it????

how many goals did we score the last 4 games, huh???

obviously thats our problem

Let the battle lines be drawn once again, we will have the ultimate keep vs. get rid of Ribeiro debates. Let's get Steven Harper and Ken Dryden to face off in this one.

My vote: send him packin. He isn't clutch he isn't big and he isn't very good. We can definitely upgrade.

Who stays and who goes? Who knows - other than Bob. And in Bob we trust. He'll do the right things for this team.

Only thing we can say for certain is that Perezhogin, Plex, and Higgins will all play a heck of a bigger role in the team next year. That probably means the end for a few current forwards.

Zednik has some trade value. If we can move him to acquire a no.2 centreman or some depth on D, then we should.

Ribs - how many chances should we give this heartless piece of rubbish? He's frigging GONE. Or ought to be.

A guy like Bulis shouldn't be resigned either. That money should go elsewhere: namely a No.2 centreman and, hopefully, and No.1A/2 defenceman. I firmly believe that with those elements in place, this team can contend. I mean it.

Other than that, I think we need to add to our team, not subtract.

Get rid of Abey? Why?

I say we get working on Resigning Huet, bringing up Denis and trading Abby eh?

i agree

What the hell was so good about it!! Mighty disappointing in my books and next year looks no better.

Next year looks no better?!?! Look at the young talent we have. and the cap room from dumping Theo. If Huet can play like he did this year. and with Higgins, Plekanec, and Perezhogin all with a full season under their belts. If we can dump some of the dead weight. And sign a Free agent or two. we will be in good shape next year.

Y' know what? I still love my HABS!

GO HABS GO ! SEE YA NEXT YEAR! :):):)

me too!

THE STRIVE FOR 25 IS STILL ALIVE!!!

What an embarassment...not even one home playoff victory. The ghosts of the Forum are long gone and maybe even rolling in their graves. Let's say hello to the clowns of the Bell Center led by the head clown...Carbo the weasel!

What an embarassment...not even one home playoff victory. The ghosts of the Forum are long gone and maybe even rolling in their graves. Let's say hello to the clowns of the Bell Center led by the head clown...Carbo the weasel!

Care to expain why Carbo is a weasel?

I only wanted a first round upset really. Then I would have been happy. And, you never know. If you get in round two, who knows what could happen.

Just like magic. habs magic.

But, not to be.

We're all hurtin' the loss and what could have been. But, I assure you. The road to excellence is not far away.

NOT FAR AT ALL! AND WE ALL KNOW IT.

I lament. Such sorrow.

:(

WE'LL BE BACK :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Good effort this year Habs. i'm pretty impressed with how the season went, although tough loss to Carolina, considering the first two games.

The future looks well. Its quite clear to everybody fans, coaches, management and waterboys that this team needs a serious upgrade at offense. This team needs to bring in a #1 center, or #1 left winger. My choice would be the center.

Goaltending was fine. Defense played well. Offence couldn't score. Where do you think the upgrade needs to be?

Maybe Montreal should look hard at Richards. Be tough for Tampa to sign him. Elias from New Jersey will probably go elsewhere as New Jersey is up against the cap as well.

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the year, lots of highs, some lows, but mostly entertaining. The future looks bright

GO HABS GO

Get rid of Abey? Why?

Because if we don't, we'll lose Danis. Abey is as good as he's ever going to get, and with his solid games at the end of the season, he has some trade value.

we all still love the habs, THE NEW HABS

i mean GAINEYS HABS

not the left overs from eras past

we all love the new attitude this team developed this year and the way all the new players and rookies played and really showed the potential of this team...........once again i will say it, gainey has now had a year to evaluate under the new conditions and the team will be better next year guaranteed as he further shapes it into a hardworking unit, and a damn talented one too.........

in gainey we trust, and believe!!!

edit: dont take this to mean that players that have been with the team for a long time like koivu and markov are not loved and huge parts of the team too but thats about as far as i would go with that.....oh i guess rivet is alright too;)

Edited by thehabbit

It'd be nice to be able to afford Elias AND Arnott, while still getting a top D-man...but that's doubtful.

Bert is overpriced and a scumbag...I hope Bob isn't thinking about getting him.

Because if we don't, we'll lose Danis. Abey is as good as he's ever going to get, and with his solid games at the end of the season, he has some trade value.

I like Huet, but the safe play is to keep Abey around as a 1A. Incidentally, Abey's stature as a young goalie is/was far higher than Danis's. Bird in the hand, my friend.

I agree that the best thing about this season is that Gainey now knows EXACTLY what his players are, what kind of MEN they are. And he will proceed accordingly.

Carbo -anything but a weasel - will do great. Smartest player of his generation and a leader par excellence. Kinda like Bob.

It'd be nice to be able to afford Elias AND Arnott, while still getting a top D-man...but that's doubtful.

Bert is overpriced and a scumbag...I hope Bob isn't thinking about getting him.

Of course it is doubtfull. They are going to pay Koivu $4.75 Million next year....I'm not sure we really understand how much thats going to hurt us.

Also, Markov, Huet, Aebischer, Ryder, Begin and possibley Bulis, Sundstrom and Riberio all need to be resigned.

There will be no money for big time free agents. As well with the success of PLekanec, Perezhogin, Higgins and the up and coming Kostitsyn, Gainey will wait to see how they step up and develop, instead of going after a big name free agent.

Edited by kaos