Game Thread | Carolina Vs. Montreal | 05/02/06

I think Bert will be just what we need....ignore what happened...I mean that could have easily happened to anyone whos taken a swing thousands of times. He just needs a fresh start.

I agree Abby definitely should be traded after a solid ending to the season and Danis should backup. That also clears cap space to sign Huet and a sold Center

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an embarassment...not even one home playoff victory. The ghosts of the Forum are long gone and maybe even rolling in their graves. Let's say hello to the clowns of the Bell Center led by the head clown...Carbo the weasel!

WTF Habber??? You sure your name isnt Leafer??? Carbo is going to make a great coach. Tonnes of knowledge to pass on to the young guys. "Carbo the weasel!" is officially the most ridiculous comment i have read on these boards.

Of course it is doubtfull. They are going to pay Koivu $4.75 Million next year....I'm not sure we really understand how much thats going to hurt us.

Also, Markov, Huet, Aebischer, Ryder, Begin and possibley Bulis, Sundstrom and Riberio all need to be resigned.

There will be no money for big time free agents. As well with the success of PLekanec, Perezhogin, Higgins and the up and coming Kostitsyn, Gainey will wait to see how they step up and develop, instead of going after a big name free agent.

yes there will because we are going to trade abby and not sign bulis, sunny and ribs

I'm excited to see what Carbonneau can do for this team. I just worry that he might be too defensive minded, whereas the Habs need all the help they can get in the offensive zone.

A game they can be proud of. I can accept losing when the team plays hard. I look forward to using Theo's salary and the increased cap to get some more good talent to add to the young talent that we already have.

WTF Habber??? You sure your name isnt Leafer??? Carbo is going to make a great coach. Tonnes of knowledge to pass on to the young guys. "Carbo the weasel!" is officially the most ridiculous comment i have read on these boards.

Carbo is not going to be good head coach. He has knowledge but no head coach experience. How many teams, in the second round, are going to have inexperienced coaches? Dah...zero. I hate the leafs but i call a spade a spade.

Carbo is not going to be good head coach. He has knowledge but no head coach experience. How many teams, in the second round, are going to have inexperienced coaches? Dah...zero. I hate the leafs but i call a spade a spade.

Well i feel better about your carbo is a weasel comment now. Boy you really explained yourself there. What pray tell does make a good head coach? We made it to the second round in 2002 and 2004 with Therrien and Julien. Wasnt very much NHL coaching experience those years. Also i Don't remember the last time i saw a coach be the first star in any game. All they can do is prepare the players with their hockey "Knowledge". At some point in time the players have got to step up.

How do you know he's not going to make a good head coach. How many coaches have head coach experience before they become a head coach, none I would say. The fact that Bob Gainey picked Carbo to be the head coach is enough for me. I remember when the Habs won a cup with a rookie head coach. Do you?

Of course it is doubtfull. They are going to pay Koivu $4.75 Million next year....I'm not sure we really understand how much thats going to hurt us.

Also, Markov, Huet, Aebischer, Ryder, Begin and possibley Bulis, Sundstrom and Riberio all need to be resigned.

There will be no money for big time free agents. As well with the success of PLekanec, Perezhogin, Higgins and the up and coming Kostitsyn, Gainey will wait to see how they step up and develop, instead of going after a big name free agent.

Well to start with Markov is under contract for next season at 1.7Million

Bulis and Sundstrom are UFA and will be let go

Ribeiro and Aebischer are RFA and will likely be traded or let walk away.

I'm not sure about Begin's contract status, but I have a feeling he is locked up for one more year.

That leaves Huet the UFA to resign and Ryder the RFA to either resign or if he's asking too mcuh he'll be a great chip to deal for a big upgrade somewhere.

Thus we should have enough money for 1 or 2 major acquisitions, I estimate about 7-8 million in actual spending money not just cap space. Elias is going to get 6 and so will a major defenceman so the quetion becomes who is out there and how much are we willing to throw at htem. I do believe that 1 or 2 mid to high level players will be added either by trade or signing.

Ok, so then nobody new should ever be given the opportunity to be a head coach? And what about the Leafs? They don't even have a coach...their wonderful leader couldn't even drag them into the playoffs, muhc less the second round.

Thus we should have enough money for 1 or 2 major acquisitions, I estimate about 7-8 million in actual spending money not just cap space. Elias is going to get 6 and so will a major defenceman so the quetion becomes who is out there and how much are we willing to throw at htem. I do believe that 1 or 2 mid to high level players will be added either by trade or signing.

Your dreaming..........

Your dreaming..........

I do dream my dreams usually involve letters (DD for example) not numbers, but these are simple mathematical calculations.

Habs - Ribeiro = Better team.... what do they call that addition by subtraction.....everything after that is gravy....like a big plate of poutine

I found that overtime goal to be quite fitting to end the series...

-Canes got a bounce, just like they had for the past 4 games.

-Huet had to have no chance for it to go in, just like most of the goals for the past 4 games.

-It was more the result of a habs ######-up than Carolina skill, much like most of the past 4 games.

All of these added together leave me with a severe distaste in my mouth....there could have been more....I want more.

So succes in playoff is about taking out the heart of the oponents? Carolina (Williams) ripped it out with a spoon (stick) and we lost the series.

Its easy to say what we need and thats no superstar. We need more players who actually wants to play in playoffs. And seriously... we havent resigned Huet yet so we might have to stick with Aebisher next season and in my books Aebisher = Hackett.. a goalie that can be number one but that will never win a stanley cup on his own.

If next season isnt going to be a suprise year I expekt us to fight for a playoff spot as usual and then we will sit here and be excited when winning one of 5 games.

Then it will be like all of the other of the last 10 years.. we will say how good we will be next year bla bla bla... but for once I want us to actually BE BETTER next year.

If I see Toronto doing some nice signings this summer and comes back as a top team in the league while we end up struggling around 8th spot for the 13th straight year Ill puke.

I bet we will trade Perezhogin to new york for a 4th liner next season.

what is it Ottawa has that we doesnt? They keep drafting high picks and superb players every year while still being in the top. Why cant we get a Spezza, Kovalchuck, Ovechkin or something like that?

I think its time for our management to prove themself worthy of their jobs.

Call me negative but I've followed this team since 1995 and I havent seen us have a real superstar for whole that time (the onlyone we had was Roy and we traded him away).

Well.. we got Kovalev... maybe Gainey is going to give me what I want again?

Edited by Dalhabs

what is it Ottawa has that we doesnt? They keep drafting high picks and superb players every year while still being in the top. Why cant we get a Spezza, Kovalchuck, Ovechkin or something like that?

Because we don't have a 1st overall pick.

God must have shaved his playoff beard.

Even if Rivet tipped that shot (which he did), Huet should have had that. It's a routine save. I'm quite sure that any of us could have kept that 55 foot shot out. Not blaming Huet for the loss, but the goals he let in were softies. I think we deserved to win tonight.

By the way, did anyone notice that we outscored Carolina in the series? All because of Game 1 though...

Too bad it has to end but, what the heck... it was fun. :lol:

I've enjoyed being a Canadiens fan since the Rocket and will continue to ENJOY being a Canadiens fan till I rocket off into my sunset.

I'll still keep on getting new Canadiens jackets, hats, tuques, t-shirts, jerseys, and all sorts of other things.

I'll still keep on watching them on TV. I'll still enjoy the back & forth with my friends who are Leafs fans.

I'll still enjoy keeping up with the developments of the team.

I'll still dream, hope, laugh, cry, grunt, groan, cheer, jump, shout, be frustrated, be thrilled, go all over the emotional map over my team. :ghg:

I'll still look forward to the next season (my 46th season as a Canadiens fan). I'll continue to look forward, I'll anticipate # 25.... # 26, etc. :ghg:

GO HABS GO! :ghg:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

Ottawa doesn't either!

He means they still get those superstar like players allthough they draft later than the HAbs (Most of the time)

That's exactly what I was saying.

Kovalchuk went 1st overall

Ovechkin 1st overall

Spezza 2nd overall (behind Kovalchuk)

So it took Ottawa a top 2 pick to draft a superstar. And they were only able to pull that off (and get Chara back in the same trade) because they were dealing with Mad Mike Milbury.

Carbonneau has served his time as an assistant, is an excellent student of the game and will make an excellent head coach - the mentality that he has no experience is ludicrous! You have to get the experience at some point and everyone has to start somewhere? With that mindset there would never be a new coach in the NHL. Just the old guard hanging around well past their prime..... so I guess we should just hire Quinn then? :rolleyes:

Carbo as head coach, Jarvis as Offensive Assistant Coach, and hire Robinson as a Defensive "consultant" to eventually, if he feels there's no pressure, become Defensive Assistant Coach.

I'd be very happy with that lineup on the bench.