Muller Officially Named Assistant

alexstream

Excellent, I much rather the "inexperienced" Muller behind the bench than many of the other guys who were named.

I look forward to a great season!

Inexperienced Muller is a natural born coach. He was a Player-coach during his career, you'd see him "teach" everyone, chat with everyone, encourage everyone, entertain everyone.

+ he's won two SC :)

WOOO!

Muller was my pick all along!

:P

Seriously, although he wasn't my #1 pick I trust Carbo's judgement. I'm just glad we've got another ex-Habs with character behind the bench. Nothing against Rick Green, Clement Jodoin and Co., but Muller has over 1300 games played in the NHL, was a captain and has 2 Cup rings.

I guess I'm just feeling a little old now that all the players I've seen in their prime are starting becoming coaches right and left. :(

I guess I'm just feeling a little old now that all the players I've seen in their prime are starting becoming coaches right and left. :(

The worst age shock is when you start thinking that rookies are so young and that "vets" are your age.

TSN - Muller Added to Habs Staff

If he coaches with the same passion he played with then I'm looking forward to this addition.....

they are building it..... and it will come home!

Edited by beliveau1

I'm glad they signed Muller, who will offer plenty of experience and character as a person and former player. However, everyone should keep in mind that Muller has relatively little experience as a coach, whereas the rest of the staff has an adequate amount of coaching experience. However, Muller's role is not that of the head coach or GM, so the expectations on him are lower if he has to learn on the job a little.

I still wish they would have signed Robinson as an assistant for the defencemen, but perhaps that's a move they still may make in the future.

Great news to have another winner on the coaching staff also someone who has been around the block as a player as well as a Coach in the minors.

I am a little concerned with the lack of a defenceman coach but hey I am sure he will manage.

Go Habs Go !!

I am happy with this decision... Muller was my favourite habs until he was traded... plus, we must remember that it was he that scored the last Cup-clinching goal for Montreal! That's got to be worth something!

I am happy with this decision... Muller was my favourite habs until he was traded... plus, we must remember that it was he that scored the last Cup-clinching goal for Montreal! That's got to be worth something!

I'm glad it's Muller.

For me, it's a case of vindication. He played his heart out for the Canadiens and, after the Cup win (a couple of years later), he was unceremoniously dumped. :nono:

I hope, for his sake, that this works out well because I'd hate to see him unceremoniously dumped again though that's part of the life of a coach/assistant coach.

Lots of fine leadership to lead our guys. :king:

Yesssssssss..................... :):)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Well, the Habs also unceremoniously dumped Carbonneau. That was just shocking after the Cup win and everything.

I loved Muller as a habs, I gotta say. Was just a sensational player in my book.

Well, the Habs also unceremoniously dumped Carbonneau. That was just shocking after the Cup win and everything.

I loved Muller as a habs, I gotta say. Was just a sensational player in my book.

And let's hope that the winning team players get together to guide the players to a winning team.

:king: :hlogo: :king: