Roenick Wants To Play In Canada

Mr. Nasty

At least his attitude sounds right. It'll be interesting to see if he can get his body to follow his mind. To me, it sounds like he's had quite the reality check, we'll just have to see if it's only lip service!

Not bad... if he lives up the his self-created hype :P.

Get him in and ditch Ribs for anything. I think it'd be interesting to see how Ribs would do somewhere else.

Yeah Roenick wouldn't be bad. I'd settle for him if he came at about the $2 Million dollar range...that includes incentives of course. He would instantly make Montreal more physical while bringing a great scoring touch. Definitley an upgrade over Ribeiro

I'd sign him. Hopefully he really changed his attitude, because he's a good hockey player when he puts his mind to it. I don't think we have anything to lose, and if it doesn't work out, we still have guys like Pleky or Ribs that can replace him on a 2nd line.

Bleh. Money better spent elsewhere.

Let the Leafs sign the old useless players.

Haha! Read the TSN talkbacks. Everybody wants him all in a sudden.

I'd rather keep investing in a 26 yrs old with the potential benefit of having him reach a new level or at least net a good return in a trade (Ribeiro); than spend UFA money on a 36 yrs old guy with bad knees and a long history of mediatic distractions (Roenick).

Aside from the fact that Ribs outscored Roenick in the past 3 seasons; both can be just as equally flacky; but at least there's still hope at 26 that Ribs can get his head screwed on straight. In Roenick's case, all hopes have been long lost.

The Habs were plagued with many cliques and inside divisions in recent seasons; and Gainey/Carbo started working toward a better team spirit last season by ditching the big egos. I strongly doubt that getting a loudmouth guy like Roenick would be coherent will all the work done to improve the team spirit last season. Habs would be better off without Roenick than with him.

No thanks.

Edited by KoZed

hmmm...if we had a 2nd line center prospect pushing at the spot for next year, I'd say "Sure! Take the 1 year risk and see what we can get for Ribs."

But we don't have that prospect, Plekanec is close but not quite, so I'm hesitant.

Stay away from this jerk. I don't care what he is saying now, Jeremy is a self-centered jerk who is well past his prime and one big away away from his last concussion. I hate to say it, but I'd keep Ribs over getting Roenick. The man needs to get out of the game while he can still walk.

I honostly would take this risk, Hockey is about taking risks on players and i know he can have a lot to show for the young guys and as a second line center with this attitude for less then 2 million ill bite, he brings talent size and a i guess we can say leader ship.

Cammon Bob take the risk, if this is realy how hes going to approch it, give him an interview :D.

I would sign him for sure. But I think Vancouver will push hard for hi mas he'd be the closest thing they can get as a replacement for Todd Bertuzzi. You'd think Toronto would want a 35 year-old seemingly past-his-prime vet but I heard that Toronto is his favourite team to beat so maybe he's anti-Leafs. It could also mean that they're his favourite team and loves beating them though. Either they can't afford him and neither can Ottawa. I can't see him going to Edmonton or Calgary although Sutter will definitely try and get him. I say us or Vancouver but is Jeremy Roenick really the kind of guy Gainey likes - reality check or no? I don't think so. JR is going to the Canucks.

9 goals and 13 assists in 58 games. Those are the numbers Roenick put up last season. That is pathetic. Ribs may be a pansy floater, but he had more assists than Roenick had points. Roenick is a loud mouthed jerk who needs to retire and go to the commentator's booth where his only talent left, talking, can be put to use.

If Roenick goes to Calgary he may be used on the 2nd line with his good friend Tony Amonte (and probably with Huselius) rather than on the 1st with Iginla and Tanguay. Amonte may be a major attraction for Roenick.

Ideally it would be nice to try and dump Bonk and Ribeiro, and get Plekanec to play 3rd line center if Roenick is an option. Plekanec playing 3rd line center and getting PP and PK time as well would help his development just as much and being forced into the 2nd line center position, when he may not be ready for it (i.e., too much pressure)

You really can't go wrong with what Roenick wants for a contract. He said he would take a small salary (less than 2 million) with bonus clauses based on performance. If he flops then it is no big loss. If he has a great year, then he is worth it.

You really can't go wrong with what Roenick wants for a contract. He said he would take a small salary (less than 2 million) with bonus clauses based on performance. If he flops then it is no big loss. If he has a great year, then he is worth it.

Exactly. And if Plekanec continues to develop you could always trade Roenick at the deadline for some help and promote Plekanec, or keep him for a playoff run. Roenick would be a steal at $2 million or less