Habs Resign Ribiero, Cote

smon

Even Ribeiro said he didn't know why he got such a big raise.

I think Gainey may have overpaid him on purpose to show him that he has confidence in him and that he now has to live up to his contract. It seems to me that RIbeiro's attitude has improved a little and that without Theo and Dagenais he may do better.

Even Ribiero said he was surprised by the raise. :P

Well, at least his attitude is a bit better. The old Ribs would've asked why he wasn't getting over 2 million.

Old news. <_<:P

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he doent win that many face offs and i dont think he would win at arbitration either:)

Sorry guys - 1.9 mil for Ribero and the "1-year" duo of Gainey/Carboneau lets Ryder go to arbitration -something smells in Montreal. That's the second year in a row that Montreal has shown it doesn't want Ryder around - maybe if he spelled his name differently. Mike should take what they offer him this year, score his 25-35 goals and sign elsewhere where he's appreciated. He'll never get a decent contract from Montreal.

And speaking of playoffs, who knows what would have happened if his shot in the first perion in the third game against Carolina had gone in. As long as Gainey is connected to the team - forget it guys - you ain't going nowhere. To say that Gainey overpaid Ribero to show he had confidence in him - what a crock!!! Ribero will do the same this year as the last - float!!!!!

Sorry guys - 1.9 mil for Ribero and the "1-year" duo of Gainey/Carboneau lets Ryder go to arbitration -something smells in Montreal. That's the second year in a row that Montreal has shown it doesn't want Ryder around - maybe if he spelled his name differently. Mike should take what they offer him this year, score his 25-35 goals and sign elsewhere where he's appreciated. He'll never get a decent contract from Montreal.

And speaking of playoffs, who knows what would have happened if his shot in the first perion in the third game against Carolina had gone in. As long as Gainey is connected to the team - forget it guys - you ain't going nowhere. To say that Gainey overpaid Ribero to show he had confidence in him - what a crock!!! Ribero will do the same this year as the last - float!!!!!

Perhaps being unable to get ryder signed easily shows that ryder is difficult to sign. I love the language baiting in your post. You really elevate the level of debate.

You guys? Are you some anti-habs kid spewing bs on the board? Whatever...

Also, nice ignorance of FA regulations in the gainey POV thread. Welcome to habsworld.

Edited by simonus

SUCKS!

Performance bonuses are no longer allowed except for players over 35 who signed a 1 year contract.

As for the 1.9M$ to Ribs, that's is value, wheter we like it or not. Just compare to similar players with similar experience.

I agree its value, but from which team and who? :P

btw, Lindros is 32, and he had a Performance bonus contract. A player can get 1 if they met certain conditions, like if they missed a certain amount of games in the previous season, and if the havent played 160? games in the last 3 years. Something like that anyway.

Even Ribeiro said he didn't know why he got such a big raise.

I think Gainey may have overpaid him on purpose to show him that he has confidence in him and that he now has to live up to his contract. It seems to me that RIbeiro's attitude has improved a little and that without Theo and Dagenais he may do better.

I highly dont think that is why. Silly question, but what teams last year were interested in Ribs? What players do they have that Bob wants? :D

lets Ryder go to arbitration -something smells in Montreal. That's the second year in a row that Montreal has shown it doesn't want Ryder around - maybe if he spelled his name differently. Mike should take what they offer him this year, score his 25-35 goals and sign elsewhere where he's appreciated. He'll never get a decent contract from Montreal.

Umm, the Habs didnt "let" Ryder go to arbitration. Ryder refused to negotiate, so it would go to arbitration, where Ryder beleives he will be awarded more $ than what he could have negotiated. Ryder will never get an insanely large contract in Montreal anyways, Bobs not an idiot. Ryder has 1 of the best wrist shots in the NHL, but thats the end of his skill set. Ryder doesnt want to be a habs, and he's hoping the arbitrators decision is for more than he is worth, because Bob wont match it, and another team would, and thats his way out of town.

Every Habs fan will eventually hate Ryder when he gets to sign for his favourite team (and probably for the same he's refusing now), the Maple Laffs. :puke:

This thread seems suddenly un-Ribeiro/Cote related... let's all remember we're Habs fans, and try to get along... or seize this opportunity to insult me! :D

No no no, each team plays TWO out-of-conference divisions every year, so Columbus/Nashville will play Montreal TWICE every three years. Remember, we played both the Pacific and North-west divisions last year.

The more I look at it, the more I suppose you are right. I was thinking that the home and away part of the schedule pushed things to a 6 year cycle. Drawing it out in a diagram shows me I was wrong. You'd think that having majored in college I could have figured out the number of linear combinations without a stinking picture, lol.

Still, it is possible for a team to have 4 seasons without visiting a particular city. That is far too long. The scheduling still stinks.

Actually they don't need a playmaker now that they've drafted Backstrom, who was apparently the most NHL-ready prospect in the last draft...

If I'm not mistaken' Backstrom is going back to Sweden for another year to play.

edit: there is an article in the washington post that says just that:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6071001229.html

Edited by ehjay

If I'm not mistaken' Backstrom is going back to Sweden for another year to play.

edit: there is an article in the washington post that says just that:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6071001229.html

Yeah, that was announced just a few days ago. I remember seeing it on TSN.