Aebisher A Wing? Lindros And Nolan Could Be La Bound?

Drivefor25

Aebisher a Wing? Lindros and Nolan Could be LA Bound?

According to Detroit free press and Montreal Gazette

Rumours about restricted free agent David Aebisher intensify that the wings have made an offer to the Montreal goalie and that is why the talks between the Detroit GM and Belfour have stalled a bit.

The Wings are very interested in Aebisher but no names have been mentioned of whom the Wings would give in return if that deal could be made.

According to the L.A Times, Spector`s hockey, hockeybuzz and Sportsnet Eric Lindros and Owen Nolan are soon to be signed by the Kings it`s just a matter of time, both would be signed according to the newspaper at the league minimum. I think those two would be a nice fit overthere.

Here's Hoping this deals involves Robert Lang, if this information is even accurate.

info provided by Hockeytraderumors.com

Edited by Drivefor25

It's very possible that we deal Aebischer and then pick up Legace at a very cheap price.

From what I've heard from B. La Rose (writes the HW articles about the Budlldogs) over YIM, Danis isn't NHL ready and even lost the AHL starting job late in the year.

Legace will surely be a cheaper fit than Aebischer and he'll accept a back-up role.

Aebisher a Wing? Lindros and Nolan Could be LA Bound?

Here's Hoping this deals involves Robert Lang, if this information is even accurate.

info provided by Hockeytraderumors.com

the wings would be a perfect match for a trade but I doubt that lang could become the solution, although he played with kovalev.

unless it's a multi-player deal, I don't see another centerman in habstown...I would be more than happy to pick up a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.

but given the source of the rumor, it is to be taken lightlu

Aebi is signed at $1 900 000 according to NHLPA.com... I don't think that Legace will accept a back-up role. He wants a #1 job, but I think that he could accept being in a team like St.Louis or Florida where he would be two #1.

Edited by jordy11

the wings would be a perfect match for a trade but I doubt that lang could become the solution, although he played with kovalev.

unless it's a multi-player deal, I don't see another centerman in habstown...I would be more than happy to pick up a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.

but given the source of the rumor, it is to be taken lightlu

HTR is not the only source for Aebi to Detroit as "The Code" said the same thing; otherwise I would have ruled it out also. Zednik and Aebischer are a couple names rumored being offered for Lang. Hopefully another player comes to Montreal as well.

Aebischer is still an RFA and has not re-signed a contract yet (or picked up the option).

It's very possible that we deal Aebischer and then pick up Legace at a very cheap price.

Legace will surely be a cheaper fit than Aebischer and he'll accept a back-up role.

I beleive Bob resigned several Habs just for potential future trade bait.

Legace is said to be in shock, because not 1 team has even inquired about him. Legace would most likely sign cheap with the 1st team to make him an offer. He definitely doesnt want his career to be over.

You guys were conned, lol.

Look at the comments for the hockeytraderumors article: http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article-7002--0-0.html

" am not sure where you are getting your facts from but maybe next time you could attach a link as apposed to making up fake rumors and saying that creditable sources are reporting it. Sportsnet, Hockeybuzz are reporting nothing of the sort except that Pheonix is interested in obtaining Eric Lindros."

And the poster there replied

"Ok next time i'll do that."

So, he admitted to making this up!

You guys were conned, lol.

Look at the comments for the hockeytraderumors article: http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article-7002--0-0.html

" am not sure where you are getting your facts from but maybe next time you could attach a link as apposed to making up fake rumors and saying that creditable sources are reporting it. Sportsnet, Hockeybuzz are reporting nothing of the sort except that Pheonix is interested in obtaining Eric Lindros."

And the poster there replied

"Ok next time i'll do that."

So, he admitted to making this up!

Like it has already been said, Code has been reporting serious discussion between Montreal and Detroit for some time now. Aebischer and Lang would be involved in the talks. That isn't coming from HTR, it's from Code so I still believe there's at least some truth to the rumours.

Aebi is signed at $1 900 000 according to NHLPA.com... I don't think that Legace will accept a back-up role. He wants a #1 job, but I think that he could accept being in a team like St.Louis or Florida where he would be two #1.

We dont know for sure that Huet is the same as last season. He didnt play many games and we might need another #1 goalie to help him if he gets fatigued. Legace would be nice if we can deal Aebie to Wings.

yep and Code said that the offer was Zednik but Detroit was asking about Aebi...could be made up but I doubt it. FYI LA is considering making an offer for Lindros...but nothing past that.

Help me out here. Is a 36-year-old Lang, who got 20 goals and 60 points last year on a powerhouse Detroit squad, really an upgrade on a 26-year-old Ribeiro who has put up comparable numbers on crappier teams?

Just asking.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Help me out here. Is a 36-year-old Lang, who got 20 goals and 60 points last year on a powerhouse Detroit squad, really an upgrade on a 26-year-old Ribeiro who has put up comparable numbers on crappier teams?

Just asking.

He's bigger, already had some mad chemistry with Kovalev in Pittsbrugh and can play on the wing if necessary, so you might make a line with Ribeiro and Lang. Anyone knows who Lang played with on his line last year?

Don't get me wrong - I'd have it NO OTHER WAY and WOULDN'T HEAR OF IT!

But...

This lack of activity is really giving me an itch I just can't seem to scratch.

REFRESH forums.habsworld.net/

AGAIN...nothing

:(

I thought this post was news. But, it's not.

It'll come.

It'll come.

Just asking.

IMO, yes

Remember that the top line in Detroit was Shanahan-Datsyuk-Zetterberg.

I believe Lang will play better with Kovalev than Ribs. heck I would even put Ribs to the wing on that line but would rather allow Kostitsyn to play there. I wouldn't break up the Ryder-Koivu-Higgins line.

Anyone knows who Lang played with on his line last year?

Not sure but I think it was Holmstrom and Yzerman/Samuelsson. We need a wings fan :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr. Nasty

We dont know for sure that Huet is the same as last season. He didnt play many games and we might need another #1 goalie to help him if he gets fatigued. Legace would be nice if we can deal Aebie to Wings.

I guess we just need to wait and see. But I am confident Aebie was just a filler. Gainey had no intensions of keeping him we just need somebody with playoff experience ( even if it's from sitting on the bench ) in case Huet cracked. Huey proved his case that he is #1 and now Aebie is relegated to trade bait. for all we know we may even keep him till the deadline?

Rumours about restricted free agent David Aebisher intensify that the wings have made an offer to the Montreal goalie and that is why the talks between the Detroit GM and Belfour have stalled a bit.

I just read in the T.O. Star that the Wings/Belfour talks have stalled because the Wings have recently had talks with Hasek.

I just read in the T.O. Star that the Wings/Belfour talks have stalled because the Wings have recently had talks with Hasek.

If thats the case the might as well just sign both incase belfours back goes out or Hasek's hip goes out. They can just donate to eachother. That would make history, the oldest goaltending duo in the history of the nhl

If thats the case the might as well just sign both incase belfours back goes out or Hasek's hip goes out. They can just donate to eachother. That would make history, the oldest goaltending duo in the history of the nhl

If that happens I'm not sure if a gotender coach is all that the wings will need, maybe a golie coach and a geriatric unit attached to the Joe louis. :P

If that happens I'm not sure if a gotender coach is all that the wings will need, maybe a golie coach and a geriatric unit attached to the Joe louis. :P

You're forgetting the local shrink to help them get over Chicago and general maintenance for both their neurotic tendencies :P

You're forgetting the local shrink to help them get over Chicago and general maintenance for both their neurotic tendencies :P

does all this count towards the cap??? :P

cuz then we could get Datsyuk for free :P

I don't know where all these Lindros rumours are coming from but apparently he is very close to signing with Dallas. As for Aebi, I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves around here. We still need him to start this season, Huet is not exactly a Brodeur, he is not guaranteed to go into this season the same way he finished last. He is still a very unproven goaltender. To trade him away and leave ourselves with Danis as a backup would be a a disservice to Danis (who is probably not ready for the NHL yet) and the team as a whole. Lets just start the season with both, if Huet blows a tire, we have Aebi. There is nothing wrong with a platooning system to start the year and keep both guys honest.