In The What Were They Thinking

I know this is not a stl blues forum but it effects me since I'm going to two games (when the habs come to town and the canucks). Whatever fan base they had left after the lock out and horrible season they just slapped in the face. Oh well more good seats for me to watch the habs play I guess.

okkkkk that's a puzzling move to say the least

Do they want to compete with Chicago for being the worst managed team in the league or somethin? :P

The reason why they put raise the price tickets it's probably cause there's not enough fans going to the game so they need the same money but whit lees fan's in the place....

The team i would take off the league for lething other cities why better potantial St.Louis would be the first on my list, even if i dont really know the prospect i think that team is going no were... I'd take off Chicago too if i was Betman, for lething Quebec , winnipeg or other cities that would love to make a come back in the BIG league

Crazy move indeed. Increasing ticket prices would increse revenues, but it would also make a lot of the people who were going, stop going, so who knows if this plan will work, or completely backfire.

Quebec , winnipeg or other cities that would love to make a come back in the BIG league

Unfortunately, Quebec will never ever have a NHL team again. Nobody in Quebec City are doing anything like the people rallying in Winnipeg that are trying to bring back the Jets. Even Roy admits that The Nords have 0 chance of ever returning. Basically what it comes down to is that the people there who could bring them back, simply arent interested anymore. :(

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

All some one has to do in Quebec city is to build to brand new arena, have a mayor that wants a team and a comissoner wanting to put teams back in Canada.

Quebec City by itself can do a and b. The NHL has to do C.

Thats exactly what happend in Winnipeg. And then Mario said Winnipeg would be a great place for the Penguins if they ever moved. Thats what has started this bring back the jets push. Hamilton has been trying to do the same thing for years except they don't have a voice of the public yet.

Here's the article. Some might find it comical. Its got davidson and chickletts laughing happily.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...4A?OpenDocument

And the slogan for years for the blues has been "Do you bleed blue" and this article says "hey blues fans: Do you bleed green".

Edited by Pierre the Great

If its on the second level the $38.

First tier first level: $90

Those are on the sides of the rink centre ice view.

from centre ice:

VIP row 1: $120

VIP row B-D: $108

Plaza level (from above row D on ice level all the way up to the club seats: $90

Second Level

Mezzanine Centre: $38

Mezzanine High Centre (All the way to the top) $23

I just did a conversion of prices and the same seats at the bell centre (level Red B) is 84 USD while the same seats at the Savvis Center is 90 USD. OUTRAGE!

And the seats I will most likely be in second level Mez. Centre is 38 USD at Savvis while at the Belle level white seats are 43.35 USD so its not too bad. Most of the price increases were in the expensive seats. But this is a mistake by the new ownership because the price hike means that there will be a lot of empty seats on tv while the upper sections will be packed. Sadly this phenomen is usual in st. louis. If you go to any sporting event. The rich don't show up while the blue collar folks pack the rafters.

Edited by Pierre the Great

it's expensive given the fact that you'll a bottom tier team. if you choose the opponent I guess It could be alright

It's not really a surprise, most of the bottom feeding teams have to do this. Like was already said, less people go so they need to try and make the same amount of money. The Flames raised their prices pretty much every year during that 7 year drought, they only went down after the 2004 season. And then went back up just in time for the playoffs.

oh well it really doesn't matter because I'm going to shell out the cash to see my favourite teams anyway. (believe it or not I've only been to one hockey game in my life and it was in the nosebleed 8 dollar seats.)

October 20 Fri 7 p.m. Vancouver

February 27 Tue 7 p.m. Vancouver

March 10 Sat 7 p.m. Montreal

March 20 Tue 7 p.m. Ottawa

At the 38 dollar seats thats $304 bucks if I by two seats. Which if you think about it is not that bad. Thats a 2 week pay cheque for me.

St Louis Blues is a great franshise. In how many consecutive season where they a playoff team?

I hope this doesn't mean that the seats will be empty.

I think they had no choice, you can't make the cash without trying. By increasing tickets, the average fan to the diehard fan will pay and if those one off games are not sold out well I'm sure they would dish out ticket specials at the old rate, or slightly above.

Thing is I did not think the lockout was good for hockey, however the league has rebounded better than I thought, although initially teams reduced prices, that soon changed and teams are back to soaking the fans.

The product is what matters, if the Blues don't put out a credible team that will contend night in and night out, then the team better practice singing the BLUES cause thats the only way they will sell tickets!

Edited by Chips

The blues went a quarter of a century of making the playoffs. The average attendance last year was supposedly 14,000 in a 18,000 + arena. I believe this was inflated between actual tickets sold and people showing up because as it looked on television there most likely about 10,000 people in the place instead of 14,000. For example it was so bad you could count the number of people on the tv screen without losing count.

The lock out really hurt this area. The Blues fans have always been a rabid bunch and a lot of people in the suburbs discovered the river otters a local independent hockey club. Even some blues players played on the team during the lockout (Barret Jackman).

The problem with the team goes way back. They've always had problems. The moved to Saskatoon but before the deal went through back in the eighties the comish vetoed it.

A lot of it has to do with media coverage sadly. They got rid of the voice of the blues for 20 years because Ken Wilson was getting close to the st. louis legend Dan Kelly in terms of years behind the booth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Kelly_%28sportscaster%29

So instead they hired Dan Kelly's son who is absolutely horrible and hard to listen to John Kelly. St. Louis has a thing with its sportscasters, from Harry Carey to Jack Buck to Dan Kelly. They don't like change.

Then when the Lauries where selling the team the basically did a fire sale. Traded the heart and sole of the team to Edmonton, (pronger) and the downward spiral insued.

Another problem is the local media. The two main writers for the Post Dispatch here are not hockey fans. One grew up in Maryland and is more of a baseball football fan while the other big name is from Detroit and is in love with basketball and baseball. The two guys (who are known nationally) don't ever really write about hockey so if they don't write about it nobody really does so no one listens. Plus during the season last year it was common for the local sports radio stations to just ignore the team completely, always having inside jokes about hockey and making fun of it. Truth betold a lot of fans don't care for the team anymore and I wouldn't be shocked if Chickletts moves the team to his home in Salt Lake City when the lease to the arena goes up in 2011.

And thats another thing. People miss the old barn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Arena