Habs Ink Perezhogin To One-year Deal

TSN is reporting today that Perezhogin signed a one year deal with the Habs. Worth 627K down from the 710K he made last year.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171442&hubname=

That will leave only one more to join in the fun next season, we have the cap space for Ryder at 2.5Mil; Is that the plan? Or does he want more?

p.s. ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN I tried to post my very first topic on Perezhogin but you beat me to it. I guess I need to be quicker, long time reader and fan of this Forum! This is my first reply! Go Habs Go!

Edited by Chips

What gives with Perezhogin and Higgin's both re-signing for less than what they made last year?

Nevertheless, we are about to redefine the Red in the Blue, White and Red; The Red is now for the secret Russian connection!

Sammy, Perez, Kovy, Marky, Grabs... Will the list go on?

I'm not quite sure about this but I think GM don't have to give a 10% raise in a qualifying offer I think it's the opposite now.

but good news about perezhogin. now we'll have our full roster on opening night since ryder's case will be taken care of by arbitration

I'm not quite sure about this but I think GM don't have to give a 10% raise in a qualifying offer I think it's the opposite now.

but good news about perezhogin. now we'll have our full roster on opening night since ryder's case will be taken care of by arbitration

Let's just hope the arbitrators aren't arbitrary. Let's also hope the arbitrators aren't these guys:

dumb%20and%20dumber.jpg

:P

LMAO!, This is great... all these cheap signings........... Now just get Ryder onboard and with a few tinkers by Bob were good to go! Speaking of onboard, welcome to the forum Chips.

:hlogo:

Lovely to see players going down in salary but I bet that if Perezhogin and Higgins wouldve played all year in hamilton last season they wouldnt have gotten more. I guess the new contracts means they get the same amount of money if they play in Hamilton as in the NHL but since at least Higgins will most likely play on the habs this season it wont matter.

one think i wanna know is whats up with all the one year signings. My idea is that they sign them for less and see how they do this season then sign them to X amout depending what they did in the season.

For example Higgins: Like if he does the same or better then last season give him more money..

But for Perezhogin, Komisarek and who ever...Perezhogin still has some hearts to win over, While Komi has won some hearts..

And does anyone know where i go to see who will be a UFA next season??? Because higgins and Perez i unno lol

Perezhogin it's a good player. Perezhogin will gain less to be sure he will perform the next season. I am sure that it to know a season of 30 pts and more on the 3rd line and perhaps 2nd line.

Good stuff. I like it when guys sign for less than expected.

Ryder's turn? Probably not. I won't be surprised if he goes all the way to arbitration. Hoping not, but I'm expecting it.

I dunno......... whether its just me or what......... but i just have a nagging feeling like something big is going to go down in the next week or two. Something that will turn the habs into a true contender.... I dunno.

:hlogo:

I would say Ryder gets about $2.5 Million. It would be nice to see them come to a 3 year agree before the arbitration date.

It would be lovely.

Ryder at 2.5 a year seems fair. If he improves his defensive responsibility while playing with Koivu he would probably deserve more though.

Good stuff. I like it when guys sign for less than expected.

Ryder's turn? Probably not. I won't be surprised if he goes all the way to arbitration. Hoping not, but I'm expecting it.

actually I would be quite surprised if they went all the way to arbitration..ryder's the only case that gainey has to deal with

I wish they could have locked up Perezhogin for a 2 or 3 year deal but alas.... Ryder for 2.5 is still a good signing, but again a 2 or 3 year deal would be prefered. The problem BG has is that he signed Ribs for 1.9, which would make one assume Ryder should get 6.

Anything new about Ryder?

He could be asking for anything between 2,5 and 4 millions.

A quick look at the stats from last season shows that Ryders numbers was similar to the ones that Fredrik Modin, Rick Nash, Jere Lehtinen, Anson Carter, Mike Knuble, Mike Sillinger, Martin St Louis, Mike Comrie, Eric Cole, Marco Sturm and Jason Blake had.

Im not saying that Ryder should get the same kind of money that Nash get's but their stats compares.

I think Mike Comrie could be the key here but he's still unsigned. Fredrik Modin is also a player that could be looked on.

I expect Ryder to get about 2,2 to 2,7.

Only news about Ryder is that Gainey wants to sign him before going into arbitration. I think it could happen seeing how his arbitration case isn't happening until the end of August if I remember right.