Vancouver Canucks Have Signed Jan Bulis

Anyways....... I think Nonis is done with the major additions.

A lot of hungry players are going to come to camp and I bet Nonis wants some of these guys to step up. We're going to be hard to score on now that we can roll 4 solid lines and a solid defense along with a franchise goalie....... those Avs are going to have a hard time now. :lol: Edmonton too.......

*Bostonian Rob flies in and argues his Prongerless team will find a way.....*

It's time for payback! :king:

Those of you who feel Naslunds best is behind him should think again..... the guy will be his old self next season(hopefully no injuries). B)

Well, let's hope some of their youth live up to their potential because I don't see how this team is any better than last years team. Losses of Bertuzzi, Jovanovski, Carter, Allen. Sure they got Luongo but he can't win all the games...Florida already tried that.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

they are the suckiest suckers that have ever sucked

I was talking to Captain over there ;)

Minny, I honestly don't see how the Canucks are any better then the Panthers that Luongo played for. Theres so many question marks, it's obscene.

Well, let's hope some of their youth live up to their potential because I don't see how this team is any better than last years team. Losses of Bertuzzi, Jovanovski, Carter, Allen. Sure they got Luongo but he can't win all the games...Florida already tried that.

I'm not sold on Luongo. He's played for some crappy teams, but he's never managed a winning season, to my knowledge, and never won any awards for his regular season work. You heard it here first, I think he'll be a huge disapointment this year. I think the nucks are in for a rough season.

Many of you might laugh but a MAJOR change was also made besides the Luongo thing. That is we have a brand new coaching staff and Alain Vigneault is the perfect guy for this team. He demands the best of his players and that's the type of coach we've needed. I liked Crawford, but he was BRUTAL at defending leads, getting his players to work and absolutely stupid when it comes to goalies.

As for Bertuzzi, yes he did put up 70 points, but he was terrible defensively and couldn't focus anymore. He was minus 18 or whatever and still put up 70 points. He led to WAY too many turnovers and didn't play physical 90% of the time.... Jovanovski hasn't been the same since hte 2003 playoffs, all he brought was offense and leadership....he doesn't hit like he used to and obviously his defensive lapses were a concern. Let alone how much the guy was out with injuries over the past 3 years.... Carter was the ideal winger for the Sedins.... stand in front of the net and bang pucks in. That's all he did. Sedins have gotten better every season and there are a lot of guys that could possibly fit and Jesse Schultz seems to be the #1 candidate. Alain says he has one of the quickest releases he has ever seen. Allen was doing well until sustaining an injury himself early on and wasn't the same and I'm sure Willie Mitchell will do a much better job(no offense to Allen).

This team is MUCH better than last years. We have much needed depth for once and can roll four solid lines which are defensively responsible. Our defense is nothing to laugh at either. Krajicek and Bourdon, if he plays, can make a difference. A team that plays as a team and works hard is what is important and having our strs healthy will help a lot this time around.(

I was talking to Captain over there ;)

Minny, I honestly don't see how the Canucks are any better then the Panthers that Luongo played for. Theres so many question marks, it's obscene.

I was actually being funny with that post so we can argue like we are now.... however with that team, our defense is way better than Floridas was and he won't be left out to dry.

I'm good............. I shut Jets up. :P

Nah, in all seriousness, we either boom or bust, so we'll see how it goes but I am confident our team is better than it has been in previous years. I know it..... well almost. ;)

I'm good............. I shut Jets up. :P

Nah, in all seriousness, we either boom or bust, so we'll see how it goes but I am confident our team is better than it has been in previous years. I know it..... well almost. ;)

Actually I went to see past Florida defenses on wikipedia, got bored, got sidetracked.

Now I don't even care. :P

Canucks will suck this year. They're already at $35.45 mil, and they only have 12 players signed. So let's see.... $8.55mil left to sign about 10 or 11 players, and that would take them right up to the cap. Realistically they have about $6-6.5mil left if they want to leave themselves some room (which they would be crazy not to)

That averages out to about $500k per remaining contract....Hope they have a good farm system :?-

Canucks will suck this year. They're already at $35.45 mil, and they only have 12 players signed. So let's see.... $8.55mil left to sign about 10 or 11 players, and that would take them right up to the cap. Realistically they have about $6-6.5mil left if they want to leave themselves some room (which they would be crazy not to)

That averages out to about $500k per remaining contract....Hope they have a good farm system :?-

I'm tired of defending my team...... read ALL the posts I've posted including in this thread......... You'll understand why many of you are making stupid statements when you haven't done your research. :rolleyes:

You're forgetting all those amazing prospects they have. Names like Bieska, Reid and King will put terror into opponents hearts.

Or in reality, leave many players (and fans) saying "Who?"

I'm tired of defending my team...... read ALL the posts I've posted including in this thread......... You'll understand why many of you are making stupid statements when you haven't done your research. :rolleyes:

We understand your arguement, just don't agree with it. ^_^

Nonis hasn't been that impressive to me; but I don't follow the Canucks very much. On paper, they do not look like a playoff team.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

You're forgetting all those amazing prospects they have. Names like Bieska, Reid and King will put terror into opponents hearts.

Or in reality, leave many players (and fans) saying "Who?"

Our prospect pool in not very strong but we also have quite of the less known guys who are underrated.

Those guys won't put fear into anyone's heart...........well not yet anyways. Reid isn't a prospect either. Jesse Schultz is the one to watch. Luc Bourdon you should know. Reid "could" follow the path of a guy like Andy MacDonald and I see that as a real possibility as he's matured and feels he can play in the new NHL. The only guy I see at the moment out of our prospects besides Bourdon and maybe Schultz right now that strikes fear is Jannik Hansen but I see it as a stretch for him to make our team. I dunno.... we'll see.

We understand your arguement, just don't agree with it. ^_^

Nonis hasn't been that impressive to me; but I don't follow the Canucks very much. On paper, they do not look like a playoff team.

Neither did Buffalo and Carolina. That's exactly what Nonis is doing right now. He's building a team with a bunch of lesser names that work hard and play as a team. Few stars and a good goaltender. So far he has done just that and given Vigneualt a VERY versatile lineup. That's all. B)

Bulis is a good all-around guy (without being physical) but I seriously doubt that he will 'break out.' Anyone who can't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot is not likely to break out. He will give you middling offensive numbers (maybe 50 points?) without making defensive mistakes. A bland, inoffensive, moderately useful player. Good signing at that price. If he's on your second line, though, you lack depth at forward.

I don't see how the Canucks have improved by losing Jovo. And Bert may be addition by subtraction but they still don't have a first line forward apart from Naslund. Maybe their prospects will step up. But if I had a nickel for every crappy team that's clung to that hope over the years, heck, I could have signed Bulis myself :lol:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

hey, we are sorta asking prospects to step up in montreal...

Now I think we have put them in a better situation to succeed than Vancouver has, but still have to think about glass houses.

Don't get me wrong... I love Jovo and Bert and will miss them a lot but you don't go out and replace a guy with one player. The Avs did it perfectly replacing Foppa and Foote with Turgeon and Breezer....... then use the rest of the space to add depth to replace the guys they let go.(Laaksonen, Lappy etc etc) ;)

We're replacing Jovo with Mitchell, Krajicek and hopefully Bourdon. For Bertuzzi, it'll be the depth of guys like Bulis, Pyatt, Chouinard and hopefully Santala and Reid. Improved offensive outputs from Kesler, Linden the Sedins and Mo and Nazzy as well. We have more than 1 first line talent besides Nazzy and Morrison is severly underrated. Same goes for the twins as they've more than proved they're ready. They've put up ponts consistently while playing other teams top units last season. We're underdogs and I like it better that way. ^_^

hey, we are sorta asking prospects to step up in montreal...

Now I think we have put them in a better situation to succeed than Vancouver has, but still have to think about glass houses.

We have better prospects.

QUOTE(bbr93 @ Jul 25 2006, 05:17 PM)

We have better prospects.

Quite true, but this is my biggest fear. That we run into the same wall as we did last year. The team starts off playing well, then we lose a player to injury and then another... we call up some prospects.. now we suddenly have 3 may be four prospects playing for the habs. IMO, This is a very good possibility; so I agree with simonus.. there is no reason to tempt fate.